A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Today's Ride



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old December 2nd 03, 01:22 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Today's Ride

I was attempting to actually inject a ride report into the endless
morass of h*lm*t rants and speed camera drivel. The cat was instrumental
in bringing the ride about so I thought it germane to mention him. As
for instance, someone describing a ride to the pub might mention what
the beer was like.


And it was on topic! It was about cycling - with a cat as a passenger. Entirely
on topic in this newsgroup.

Cheers, helen s
(who has decals of a one-eyed black cat on her bikes)



--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--
to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$


Ads
  #22  
Old December 2nd 03, 01:25 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Today's Ride

Now if I said the only point in having a woman about the house is to clean,
cook and do the dishes I would be rightly criticised for being sexist.


Ack, Tony - get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? If I recall
correctly, there is often much mirth & merriment on this NG about various sexes
- I recall Guy's encounter with a young lady of foreign origin fairly recently
;-)

Besides


--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--
to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$


  #23  
Old December 2nd 03, 02:25 PM
Carol Hague
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Today's Ride

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:

Now if I said the only point in having a woman about the house is to clean,
cook and do the dishes I would be rightly criticised for being sexist.


Ack, Tony - get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? If I recall
correctly, there is often much mirth & merriment on this NG about various
sexes - I recall Guy's encounter with a young lady of foreign origin
fairly recently


I think everybody's taken too many Grumpy Pills this week.

Possibly including me, as I've been a little sharper than usual in some
of my replies.

Never mind, I shall take my trike out again tomorrow and bore you all
rigid with my opinion of the new "ergonomic" seat it's just been fitted
with. So there.

--
Carol Hague
"Oddly enough, I did once see a meteor explode. 1970s over Waterloo.
Left an odd double cloud. Scared the hell out of our goat, who had just
begun to try to eat the oil truck fuel hose again, even though her dim
little mind knew she wasn't supposed to." - James Nicoll on rasfw.

  #24  
Old December 2nd 03, 02:29 PM
Carol Hague
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Today's Ride

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:

I was attempting to actually inject a ride report into the endless
morass of h*lm*t rants and speed camera drivel. The cat was instrumental
in bringing the ride about so I thought it germane to mention him. As
for instance, someone describing a ride to the pub might mention what
the beer was like.


And it was on topic! It was about cycling - with a cat as a passenger.
Entirely on topic in this newsgroup.


Thanks Helen. Can't please everyone, I guess...

Cheers, helen s
(who has decals of a one-eyed black cat on her bikes)


And that Ian's always waffling on about his Cat-trike :-)
--
Carol Hague
"Regulation of acupuncture is a thorny issue." - Adrian White on Radio 4
  #25  
Old December 2nd 03, 02:37 PM
Arthur Clune
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Today's Ride

Carol Hague wrote:

: On one of our house moves, the two places were less than a mile apart so
: we moved a lot of stuff by bike, including the fridge freezer, two large
: bookcases - and the cats. The cats settled into the new house much
: better on that occasion than any of the times they've moved by van.

hm. Curious. When I moved into my current house, the stuff went by
van (about 2 miles away) but the cat went on the bike. Had no problems
with the move.

The one that *really* confused him was when I moved to the house next
door but one....

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
"Technolibertarians make a philosophy out of a personality defect"
- Paulina Borsook
  #26  
Old December 2nd 03, 02:41 PM
Chris Gerhard
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Today's Ride

Carol Hague wrote:

I was attempting to actually inject a ride report into the endless
morass of h*lm*t rants and speed camera drivel. The cat was instrumental
in bringing the ride about so I thought it germane to mention him. As
for instance, someone describing a ride to the pub might mention what
the beer was like.


But was the cat wearing a h*lm*t? Could it be frightened by the flash from
a speed camera?

I'll get my coat....


--
Chris dot Gerhard at btclick dot com.

  #27  
Old December 2nd 03, 02:49 PM
Colin Blackburn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Today's Ride

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:41:16 +0000 (UTC), Chris Gerhard
wrote:

Carol Hague wrote:

I was attempting to actually inject a ride report into the endless
morass of h*lm*t rants and speed camera drivel. The cat was instrumental
in bringing the ride about so I thought it germane to mention him. As
for instance, someone describing a ride to the pub might mention what
the beer was like.


But was the cat wearing a h*lm*t?


You mean something like this...

http://www.ximenes.org.uk/img/cat41.jpg

?

Colin
--
  #28  
Old December 2nd 03, 03:03 PM
Peter Clinch
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Today's Ride

Carol Hague wrote:

I think everybody's taken too many Grumpy Pills this week.


The weather round here certainly has. One of those days where real
daylight has just never really happened. Hey ho, it gives me a chance
to do a darkness and rain combined test of the Big 8. Deep joy... ;-/

But back to animal portage, I note that the upcoming issue of VeloVision
(due in a couple of days) has a cover picture and feature article on
transporting dogs by bike. I imagine some of it may be applicable to
cats to a degree.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  #29  
Old December 2nd 03, 03:47 PM
Tony Raven
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Today's Ride

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:

Ack, Tony - get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?


My bed has two wrong sides in the morning but I usually degrouch after the
first cup of coffee ~(_8^(|)


Tony


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long wet Coker ride, with metaphorical nettles Mikefule Unicycling 9 August 7th 04 09:33 AM
Cades Cove Loop Ride... chirokid Unicycling 14 November 3rd 03 12:55 PM
3 Gap Ride Report rubic Unicycling 1 October 1st 03 04:08 PM
Almost epic muni ride john_childs Unicycling 17 September 28th 03 04:21 AM
2003 RSVP (post ride ramblings) William Higley, Sr. Recumbent Biking 0 August 11th 03 02:07 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.