rubber compounds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 5th 18, 07:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default rubber compounds

On Mon, 05 Mar 2018 06:54:18 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

The inside wall is made of some sort of stone
material (it engulfs a chimney) but yes, it is
colder than the outside walls which are wood.
No condensation tho. Now it's 19.2C/21% but
everything still feels cold. Perhaps it is my
own immune system...

I'm currently at 15.6C and 42%RH inside and quite comfortable. At
19.2C, it's still a little cold, but with such low RH, you should be
feeling only slightly cold.

Are there any more tests save for the
temperature/humidity? The reason I ask is every
time I wake up I'm completely out of my head.
It improves rapidly tho but even after a really
good they the sleep and morning is the same,
awful. I Googled the symptoms and it matches
perfectly "brain fog" and hypoxia! But I'm only
at 15-25 MASL so that should be
impossible, right?

Does this only happen in the winter when you are burning firewood or
running a gas/propane/oil heater? If so, methinks you should test for
carbon monoxide. Buy or borrow a CO meter (not a smoke/CO detector)
and measure the CO accumulation:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=carbon+monoxide+meter
https://www.detectcarbonmonoxide.com/co-health-risks/
The meters/monitors are slow to respond at low concentrations. The
sensor also has a limited life, usually 5 to 8 years depending on
chemistry and technology used:
https://www.fayengineering.com/articles/carbon-monoxide-has-your-carbon-monoxide-alarm-expired

I've found that my home CO level is fairly low (5-8 ppm) all night,
except for a big spike (25 ppm) just as the fire dies down in the
early morning. CO is produced by incomplete combustion.
https://www.abe.iastate.edu/extension-and-outreach/carbon-monoxide-poisoning-checking-for-complete-combustion-aen-175/

A fingertip pulse oxymeter MIGHT show a lack of oxygen:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=fingertip+pulse+oxymeter
However, for CO poisoning, they're not a good indicator. I would get
one anyway in case your problem is caused by sleep apnea.
https://www.amperordirect.com/pc//z-pulse-oximeter-sleep-apnea.html

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/bike/wood-td-2018.jpg

Nice, but please post smaller photos.

I have an assortment of felling axes, splitting axes, hatchets, mauls,
wedges, and hammers. I rarely use them, except for the hatchets,
which I use to chop up kindling.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

New rubber Dan O Techniques 0 September 12th 10 06:36 AM
Going Rubber Det-riot Unicycling 8 January 11th 07 06:19 PM
Going Rubber Borgschulze Unicycling 1 January 11th 07 02:45 AM
Anti-Seizing compounds Eddie Nosdtromo Techniques 6 March 24th 05 02:30 AM
Bike Sheltesrs / Compounds daNo General 5 March 8th 05 06:23 AM