Helm*t Covers - Recommendations?

Old February 26th 09, 11:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
ru4linux2

Default Helm*t Covers - Recommendations?

On Feb 25, 8:40*pm, Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

Can any of you recommend a good helm*t cover (and where to get it). I
like to use one for cold weather riding and also if I get caught in
the *rain. Some of you Seattle folks should be able to speak from
experience! :-)

Thanks,

Steve

I'm highly qualified to answer this, Steve and I don't live in Seattle
but Texas. :-)

What I use is a very thin, lightweight 'shower cap'. I found a
package of them in a grocery store, 'hair care' products section
several years ago and there were about 6 of them in the package. If I
remember correctly, there were 2 each of red, yellow and black. They
cost almost nothing, weigh almost nothing and don't take much more
space in your pocket than a Kleenex.

Mostly I use mine as a wind blocker by putting one over my helmet but
it also will work under the helmet, too.

Hope this helps you.

Lewis.

*****
Old March 4th 09, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Harley[_2_]

I agree with Lewis. Shower caps at the dicount stores are 8 for a $1.00.
Also use them to cover the trunk and handlebar bag in the rain. Cover
the seat from morning dew, and rain when off the bike. harley