bar ends: Suggestions

Old February 28th 09, 11:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Keiron[_2_]

Default bar ends: Suggestions

Why are the current selection of bar ends so sh1te?

Currently I have these:

http://corporate.marketplaceadvisor....frontprofiles/
processfeed.aspx?sfid=101713&i=66090126&mpid=86&df id=1

came on a second hand bike so left em.

It seems to me that the oval shape is more about advert real estate on the
outward face than design (they do seem ultra stiff to be fair but what's
the point if they're unusable) given if you use them to rest on, i.e. when
not climbing, the reduced surface area at the top digs in to your palm and
deadens the arm and or fingers.

Even some £50 supposed ergo ones are a similar shape. Is this a common
complaint (or just me)?

I find the more old fashioned round sections more comfortable but still
not ideal.

So, any recommendations for comfortable bar ends, preferably with a
flatter, slightly concave top face?

I'm considering these:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-S...Bar-End-Grip--
Black-13134.htm

SJS crane creek 'ripoffs'. At half the price and no doubt the usual good
standard sjs delivers they definitely seem worth a pop but does anyone
else have ideas/preferences?

Thanks
Old February 28th 09, 11:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Keiron[_2_]

Default bar ends: Suggestions - Tiny urls

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:36:32 +0000, Keiron wrote:

Why are the current selection of bar ends so sh1te?

Currently I have these:

http://corporate.marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/

storefrontprofiles/
[...]

TinyURLs for above:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/cba7aa

http://tinyurl.com/dk2tcg
Old February 28th 09, 02:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

http://corporate.marketplaceadvisor....storefrontprof...
[...]

I can't imagine romping about my city and woods with such a meager
selection of grip real estate.

Join the circus like me:

http://tinyurl.com/aka4mx
Old February 28th 09, 03:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Keiron wrote:

TinyURLs for above:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/cba7aa

http://tinyurl.com/dk2tcg

Thanks, I wish more posters would use tinyurls.

Also, if you put quotation marks around the long URL that keeps it from
breaking in most readers.

I like the new featur in tinyurl.com that lets you name the URL rather
than having just a random code.
Old March 1st 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article ,
SMS wrote:

Keiron wrote:

TinyURLs for above:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/cba7aa

http://tinyurl.com/dk2tcg

Thanks, I wish more posters would use tinyurls.

Also, if you put quotation marks around the long URL that keeps it from
breaking in most readers.

Not quotation marks. Put the URL in angle brackets.
http://shoptilyoudrop.com

--
Michael Press
Old March 1st 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Keiron[_2_]

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 07:48:32 -0800, SMS wrote:

Keiron wrote:

TinyURLs for above:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/cba7aa

http://tinyurl.com/dk2tcg

Thanks, I wish more posters would use tinyurls.

But of course. Seems silly not to. Although was thinking they should
accompany the original URL for the sake of the group archive as presumably
tinyurls expire?

Also, if you put quotation marks around the long URL that keeps it from
breaking in most readers.

I had wondered why some links were in quotes. Doesn't seem to work in Pan.
Not for me atleast.

I like the new featur in tinyurl.com that lets you name the URL rather
than having just a random code.

Sounds cool, didn't notice it.

What bar ends do you use?!!!
Old March 1st 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Keiron[_2_]

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:40:29 -0800, Michael Press wrote:

In article ,
SMS wrote:

Keiron wrote:

TinyURLs for above:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/cba7aa

http://tinyurl.com/dk2tcg

Thanks, I wish more posters would use tinyurls.

Also, if you put quotation marks around the long URL that keeps it from
breaking in most readers.

Not quotation marks. Put the URL in angle brackets.
http://shoptilyoudrop.com

Ah. That does work in Pan. Duely noted.

How about my bar end conundrum? Recommend anything? Don't think i've had a
thread hijacked so early on!
Old March 1st 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Keiron[_2_]

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 06:17:51 -0800, landotter wrote:

On Feb 28, 5:36 am, Keiron wrote:
[...]

I'm scrimping to eat currently so was hoping not have to get bars and
tapes/grips so gonna stick with the cheaper bar ends for now. This bar is
on the list for my commuter tho. (or very small bike on which I and
several clowns simultaneously ride)

Cheers
Old March 1st 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Michael Press wrote:
Not quotation marks. Put the URL in angle brackets.
http://shoptilyoudrop.com

'quotation marks' as in '0.5 guillements' maybe ??

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 2nd 09, 06:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Don Mackie

How about my bar end conundrum? Recommend anything? Don't think i've had a
thread hijacked so early on!

I can't tell what make mine are but they look like Xlite Enduro
Stubbie Bar Ends.
Short, straight, round, knurled grippy surface, stayed put for 12
years of hard use (I get full value out fo my bikes!), blue (anodising
missing in patches!). All I need in a bar end.

MTB tool kit buying suggestions - ST-14 vs ST-21and general tool suggestions [email protected] General 6 October 8th 07 04:32 AM
8-sp bar-ends --> 7sp XT der? PBridge130 Techniques 4 December 1st 04 03:09 PM
Bar ends Kevin Stone UK 4 July 25th 04 09:14 AM
bar ends? frank-in-toronto Mountain Biking 20 April 24th 04 04:23 AM
Bar Ends Mack Mad Racing 3 August 2nd 03 02:41 PM