Pound Speaking At URI Next Week

Old September 15th 05, 06:50 PM
B. Lafferty

Default Pound Speaking At URI Next Week

From the New England listserve:

On 9/27 at 7PM, Richard Pound, President of the World Anti Doping Agency
will be speaking at the University of RI. The talk is free and open to the
public. It is at the Barry Marks Auditorium, room 271, Chafee Social
Science Center.

Old September 15th 05, 08:19 PM

Sooo... Are you going to attend, and ask the tough questions? Like,
"when will the testing protocols be opened to public scrutiny", that
sort of thing? Just curious. --D-y

Old September 15th 05, 08:46 PM

Ask him about the "other half of the connection"...So Verbruggen
supplied the documents that linked the code numbers to Armstrong.

Ask him "who at the lab supplied the reporters with the information
that said 'sample xxxxxx tested positive' ?"

Pound is being just as pompous as Verbruggen. His lack of objectivity
is astounding. It's a real shame, because he's not helping the
anti-dope movement at all by being so elusive.

Old September 15th 05, 08:56 PM
B. Lafferty

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sooo... Are you going to attend, and ask the tough questions? Like,
"when will the testing protocols be opened to public scrutiny", that
sort of thing? Just curious. --D-y

I think you should attend and ask the questions that are burning in your
little brain. As for the one you pose, that's been asked and answered.
Have a great evening.

Old September 15th 05, 09:05 PM

B. Lafferty wrote:
wrote:

Sooo... Are you going to attend, and ask the tough questions? Like,
"when will the testing protocols be opened to public scrutiny", that
sort of thing? Just curious. --D-y

B.L. replied:
I think you should attend and ask the questions that are burning in your
little brain. As for the one you pose, that's been asked and answered.
Have a great evening.

Gee I missed that answer. Could it have been "never" by any chance?

"How many experts were you prepared to hire to find Tyler guilty?"
might be another.

My "little brain"? At least not crowded by an obsession based on
personal* dislike, Brian.

*not actually since you've never had any face-to-face encounters,
correct?

Gosh, it's been too long since we talked, you know? --D-y

Old September 15th 05, 09:57 PM
B. Lafferty

wrote in message
oups.com...
B. Lafferty wrote:
wrote:

Sooo... Are you going to attend, and ask the tough questions? Like,
"when will the testing protocols be opened to public scrutiny", that
sort of thing? Just curious. --D-y

B.L. replied:
I think you should attend and ask the questions that are burning in your
little brain. As for the one you pose, that's been asked and answered.
Have a great evening.

Gee I missed that answer. Could it have been "never" by any chance?

"How many experts were you prepared to hire to find Tyler guilty?"
might be another.

My "little brain"? At least not crowded by an obsession based on
personal* dislike, Brian.

*not actually since you've never had any face-to-face encounters,
correct?

Gosh, it's been too long since we talked, you know? --D-y

Enjoy your evening. :-)

Old September 15th 05, 10:04 PM
matabala

wrote in message
oups.com...
B. Lafferty wrote:
wrote:

Sooo... Are you going to attend, and ask the tough questions? Like,
"when will the testing protocols be opened to public scrutiny", that
sort of thing? Just curious. --D-y

B.L. replied:
I think you should attend and ask the questions that are burning in your
little brain. As for the one you pose, that's been asked and answered.
Have a great evening.

Gee I missed that answer. Could it have been "never" by any chance?

"How many experts were you prepared to hire to find Tyler guilty?"
might be another.

Here's one you might ask yourself, "How many experts was Hamilton prepared
to hire to concoct some cockamamie defense?"

Old September 15th 05, 10:55 PM
Bob Schwartz

B. Lafferty wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sooo... Are you going to attend, and ask the tough questions? Like,
"when will the testing protocols be opened to public scrutiny", that
sort of thing? Just curious. --D-y

I think you should attend and ask the questions that are burning in your
little brain. As for the one you pose, that's been asked and answered.
Have a great evening.

Hey Laffhole,

He asked if you were going to be there and ask tough questions.
Are you?

Bob Schwartz

Old September 15th 05, 11:37 PM
B. Lafferty

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
B. Lafferty wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sooo... Are you going to attend, and ask the tough questions? Like,
"when will the testing protocols be opened to public scrutiny", that
sort of thing? Just curious. --D-y

I think you should attend and ask the questions that are burning in your
little brain. As for the one you pose, that's been asked and answered.
Have a great evening.

Hey Laffhole,

He asked if you were going to be there and ask tough questions.
Are you?

Bob Schwartz

You'll just have to go to URI to find out. :-)

Old September 16th 05, 01:46 AM
Bill C

matabala wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
B. Lafferty wrote:
wrote:

Sooo... Are you going to attend, and ask the tough questions? Like,
"when will the testing protocols be opened to public scrutiny", that
sort of thing? Just curious. --D-y

B.L. replied:
I think you should attend and ask the questions that are burning in your
little brain. As for the one you pose, that's been asked and answered.
Have a great evening.

Gee I missed that answer. Could it have been "never" by any chance?

"How many experts were you prepared to hire to find Tyler guilty?"
might be another.

Here's one you might ask yourself, "How many experts was Hamilton prepared
to hire to concoct some cockamamie defense?"

Screw innocent until proven guilty in a reliable manner! Bring on the
Patriot act and McCarthyism! We don't need no stinkin' proof 'cause we
said so!
Bill C