Strongest Coker Wheel in the World!!!

Old February 21st 05, 12:31 AM
Brian MacKenzie

Default Strongest Coker Wheel in the World!!!

Wow.

I have extensive experience with the stock Coker wheel, and the Airfoil
uni.com wheel.

I was happy knowing that what I was doing on the Airfoil wheel was proof
that I only needed an airfoil wheel.

Dave Lowell let me play on his H36/U-turn coker wheel all night.

I was blown away immediately in the responsiveness in this wheel and
realized it would be worth any price.

Dave's wheel was set up with 175 (I think they weren't 170?) Shimano XT
cranks. My wheel has Raceface Next LP 175mm cranks.

Pavement was great testing ground for the comparrison. I could tell a
differenct in the wheel before my first pedal had gotten all the way
around. The responsiveness, not the strength of this wheel should be
the selling point of this wheel!

The smallest amount of body language I put into riding this wheel (as
fast as I could, and as slow as I could) was completely noticable in the
wheel.

Maybe U-turn can yay or nay my reasoning on this, but here's what I
think (as a HUGE Coker fan):

Because Dave's wheel is so well built, every tiny bit of energy put into
the crank is immediately directed into the wheel, where on the Airfoil
uni.com wheel the crank needs to turn, then that eventually gets around
to all the play in the spokes working themselves out, and then the play
in the spokes/rim, and then the rim finally turning.

I don't think I have ever used a piece of unicycling equipment and
immediately agreed with all the hype surrounding said component.

I need a H36/Uturn, and Ineed it fast!

After we left Cleveland, heading into Michigan, I looked out the window,
and actually saw Dave Lowell running beside the car flagging me down,
something about me grabbing the wrong Coker after leaving Ray's?
Accidents happen!

I will own one of these wheels, I'm sure of it. I was blown away.

Although, this damn H36/Uturn wheel smashed my face into wood (I gave
my noggin a floggin tlaking me out of competiton, and had everyone in
the building running as fast as they could to me!)

I smashed my knee horribly even through my KH pads (Roaches would have
slid out of the way and I probably would have been much much worse off,
but I can barely bend my leg now, smashed and bloddy, even through the
pads.

PS, if it weren't for pads, I bet me and Tim would be in the hospital!

--
Brian MacKenzie - LAN Solo

TWNR RELEASE PARTY AT RAY'S...NOW PAY WHEN YOU SHOW UP, $15 FOR
EVERYONE! (OPEN INVITE LIST!)

Forthcoming DVD
TRAINING WHEEL NOT REQUIRED:
'8mb Trailer' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/TWNR_Trailer.wmv)

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx)
*120* reviews on *77* products, never make an uninformed purchase again!

Canadian Premiere is at UWO, London Ontario, Feb 27th. Group MUni rides
planned!

Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old February 21st 05, 12:47 AM
spyder

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
* Although, this damn H36/Uturn wheel smashed my face into wood (I
gave my noggin a floggin tlaking me out of competiton, and had
everyone in the building running as fast as they could to me!)

I smashed my knee horribly even through my KH pads (Roaches would
have slid out of the way and I probably would have been much much
worse off, but I can barely bend my leg now, smashed and bloddy, even
through the pads. *

| Attachment filename: knee.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/280489|

spyder - The Ol' Rogue

Catboy's my Main Man.
"I am proud to say that I have two posters of a shirtless man in my
room."- Catboy
spyder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4190

Old February 21st 05, 12:50 AM
spyder

|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/280491|

Old February 21st 05, 01:05 AM
Tim

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
*After we left Cleveland, heading into Michigan, I looked out the
window, and actually saw Dave Lowell running beside the car flagging
me down, something about me grabbing the wrong Coker after leaving
Ray's? Accidents happen!

I will own one of these wheels, I'm sure of it. I was blown away.

Although, this damn H36/Uturn wheel smashed my face into wood (I gave
my noggin a floggin tlaking me out of competiton, and had everyone in
the building running as fast as they could to me!)

I smashed my knee horribly even through my KH pads (Roaches would
have slid out of the way and I probably would have been much much
worse off, but I can barely bend my leg now, smashed and bloddy, even
through the pads.

PS, if it weren't for pads, I bet me and Tim would be in the hospital!
*

Hahah yeah I bet Dave ran after you.

That fall was crazy. Good thing you did get hurt more. You left a nice
sweaty greese mark on the wood. Everyone came to see you too after the
fall it was great.

Yeah I'm sure if we werent wearing pads we would have some crazy
brakeage. My leg is feeling alot better too.

--
Tim - Jelly Bean Eater

Tim 'Braun' (http://www.tim.com.mk/izdanija/1/189.jpg)

I 3 zod. lol!
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

Old February 21st 05, 01:13 AM
David_Stone

Brian, we're all glad you're ok after the fall that produced those
injuries. I wish I could have been there, but I'm sure I'll hear details
good and bad (and ugly) from Joe Merrill. Recover well, and come join us
again soon.

I know U-Turn (or D3 to us, since our club has a half dozen Davids) will
appreciate you kind words about his work -- he's the most deddicated
bike mech I know.

David (D1) Stone

--
David_Stone
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834

Old February 21st 05, 01:28 AM
digitalattrition

I also had an opportunity to try out this wheel. It's sick...very sick.
I also really liked the hunter frame and the Tommy Miller widened hub.
Very very strong. I need to buy one.

--
digitalattrition - Single Wheeled Attack Team

And Shepherds we shall be, for thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath
descended forth from Thy hand, our feet may swiftly carry out Thy
commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls
shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sanct.

Main Men: Kevin, Tim, Dijohn, Joe, Jim, Bevan

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

Old February 21st 05, 01:00 PM
U-Turn

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
*Wow.

I have extensive experience with the stock Coker wheel, and the
Airfoil uni.com wheel.

I was happy knowing that what I was doing on the Airfoil wheel was
proof that I only needed an airfoil wheel.

Dave Lowell let me play on his H36/U-turn coker wheel all night.

I was blown away immediately in the responsiveness in this wheel and
realized it would be worth any price.
*

I'm glad you like it; the other owners tell me they do too It makes
the year of R&D worth it. The wheel is expensive because it takes a lot
of time to put together and requires parts from all over the place. Soon
I will have a page up listing the many steps involved. However, some of
the components have changed in cost, and I am reviewing the price this
week.

Pavement was great testing ground for the comparrison. I could
tell a differenct in the wheel before my first pedal had gotten all
the way around. The responsiveness, not the strength of this wheel
should be the selling point of this wheel!

The smallest amount of body language I put into riding this wheel (as
fast as I could, and as slow as I could) was completely noticable in
the wheel.

Maybe U-turn can yay or nay my reasoning on this, but here's what I
think (as a HUGE Coker fan):

Because Dave's wheel is so well built, every tiny bit of energy put
into the crank is immediately directed into the wheel, where on the
Airfoil uni.com wheel the crank needs to turn, then that eventually
gets around to all the play in the spokes working themselves out, and
then the play in the spokes/rim, and then the rim finally turning.

Yes, there is no slack in the wheel at all, which is why they stay
true. In addition, the spokes are at very high tension, which means
there is a lot of force to accelerate the rim when you torque on the
hub. Another advantage is that there is no brake rub when you are
climbing hills.

I don't think I have ever used a piece of unicycling equipment and
immediately agreed with all the hype surrounding said component.

Cool beans.... generally with any of my wheels or unis, people don't
think they are any different until they actually ride them. All of my
wheels are built with the same care and principles as the 36" wheels.

I need a H36/Uturn, and Ineed it fast!

I will own one of these wheels, I'm sure of it. I was blown away.

I am placing orders for parts right away if you want to get in on
the next batch.

*
Although, this damn H36/Uturn wheel smashed my face into wood (I gave
my noggin a floggin tlaking me out of competiton, and had everyone in
the building running as fast as they could to me!)

I smashed my knee horribly even through my KH pads (Roaches would
have slid out of the way and I probably would have been much much
worse off, but I can barely bend my leg now, smashed and bloddy, even
through the pads.

PS, if it weren't for pads, I bet me and Tim would be in the hospital!
*

Given the courage that you ride with, I'm surprised we haven't seen this
sooner! Get well soon. Perhaps a full-face helmet, or even a
quarterback's helmet?

I know U-Turn (or D3 to us, since our club has a half dozen Davids)
will appreciate your kind words about his work

Yes, very much. I appreciate you guys as my friends even more,
though. Dave Lowell drove RT 280 miles twice last fall to get me to NJ
MUni weekend, and again this winter to get me to a NYUC meeting!

I also had an opportunity to try out this wheel. It's sick...very
sick. I also really liked the hunter frame and the Tommy Miller
widened hub. Very very strong. I need to buy one.

Thanks! See above...

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old February 21st 05, 05:42 PM
nathan

What he said about the wheel. I got my first one close to 2 years ago
and was blown away then and still am. Beau has that wheel now and it is
perfect. THANK YOU Dave Stockton for what you've given us.

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old February 21st 05, 07:03 PM
bugman

Alright, If anyone needed convincing there should be no question now.
I want one of these in the worst way. Since the IRS is going to put a
pounding on me like I actually make money... I was holding off. Maybe
if I am creative I will be able to find the down payment. Hmmmm
Home Equity loan maybe!

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

-"Worried about rising sea levels? Move into the hills! I might be a
hillbilly but when you're drinking sal****er in the 2nd floor of your
beach condo, my mullet will be drier than a can of Skoal left open on a
sunny day."- - maestro8

-"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."- -
Albert Einstein

Old February 22nd 05, 12:01 AM
digigal1

U-Turn, what's your website address?