best source for info on older campy parts?

Old March 4th 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Smith

Default best source for info on older campy parts?

Hi,
I'm looking for a good source on parts specs for older Campy stuff,
circa 1985. I want to rebuild the hubs and possibly replace balls, cups
and cones. I did replace the cups once years ago but they weren't quite
the correct size. The cups weren't quite deep enough, and therefore the
dust caps didn't sit correctly (the hub functioned perfectly well
though. It would be great to get real info on dia, radius and width for
these things.

As well, where is the "go to" place for ordering parts? I used to check
out Loose Screw's catalog, but their parts info for older stuff isn't as
good as it used to be.

Come to think of it, I think I still have the original parts somewhere
so I should be able to spec them with my calipers. The tough part may
be finding a source for replacements that will match the originals?

thanks
sluggo
Old March 4th 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brewster Fong

On Mar 4, 11:10*am, Doug smith wrote:
[...]

There are a couple of places to check for older Campy parts. However,
be warned that vintage parts can be very expensive. Nevertheless, you
may want to check out the following:

Bicycle Classics
http://www.bicycleclassics.com

Rene Herse Bicycles (Mike Kone - owner and vintage bicycle expert)
http://www.renehersebicycles.com/onlinestorewelcom.htm

Of course, you should also scan Craigslist and Ebay for stuff too.
Good Luck!

Btw, if you just need new ball bearings, replace your old ones with
Grade 25 bearings.
Old March 4th 09, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Doug smith wrote:
I'm looking for a good source on parts specs for older Campy stuff,
circa 1985. I want to rebuild the hubs and possibly replace balls, cups
and cones. I did replace the cups once years ago but they weren't quite
the correct size. The cups weren't quite deep enough, and therefore the
dust caps didn't sit correctly (the hub functioned perfectly well
though. It would be great to get real info on dia, radius and width for
these things.

As well, where is the "go to" place for ordering parts? I used to check
out Loose Screw's catalog, but their parts info for older stuff isn't as
good as it used to be.

Come to think of it, I think I still have the original parts somewhere
so I should be able to spec them with my calipers. The tough part may
be finding a source for replacements that will match the originals?

Front cup #737, rear #738. Pretty much any competent bicycle shop which
commonly services bicycles.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 5th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
P. Chisholm

On Mar 5, 10:51 am, wrote:
http://thebowtrolcoloncleanse.com/1/

what are campy parts?

$B%$%?%j%"!"$J$$%"%8%"$+$i$N$=$l$i$N$:$C$HM%=($J% P%$%/$NItIJ$rCN$C$F$$$k!#(B
Old March 5th 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

P. Chisholm wrote:
$B%$%?%j%"!"$J$$%"%8%"$+$i$N$=$l$i$N$:$C$HM%=($J% P%$%/$NItIJ$rCN$C$F$$$k!#(B

When the protagonist says, "I know! Let's put on a show!" The entire
cast breaks into song.
Old March 6th 09, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Andrew Muzi wrote:
wrote:
http://thebowtrolcoloncleanse.com/1/
what are campy parts?

P. Chisholm wrote:
イタリア、ないアジアからのそれら ずっと優秀なバイクの部品を知って る。

When the protagonist says, "I know! Let's put on a show!" The entire
cast breaks into song.

Campy parts are of course those with European Heritage & Mystique™.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll