Winter

Old March 10th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_3_]

Default Winter

A Muzi wrote:
It's still winter in some parts of the earth and here is a great
location:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jobst.BIGBOY/Favorites/Nature/Weathe
r %20Wind%20%26%20Tides/Ice/Ice_Town_China.pps#16

Jay Bollyn wrote:
You are really glad we do not have access to your C: drive.

wrote:
I again, inadvertently dragged a bookmark from Internet Explorer

jim beam wrote:
you're using i.e??? so what operating system are you running then
bigboy? your newsgroup sigs say:
user agent: tin/1.7.10-20050929 ("Tahay") (UNIX) Linux/2.4.32-A-STAND
(i686))
so, either you're running linux and bull****ting about your browser,
/or/ you're running windoze and bull****ting about your news reader.

Bret wrote:
He could be running a Windows virtual machine on a Linux host and
trying to cut/paste between the two.

jim beam wrote:
yeah. like that's a /great/ idea! virtualize 'doze just so you can run
the worlds worst browser! utterly brilliant.

Bret wrote:
Try to use your imagination. A virtual Windows machine is a great
solution for people like me who don't like Windows but can't do their
job without it. I run an OSX machine at home and use a virtual WinXP
machine to VPN into work. I run four different browsers for various
reasons and IE is my least favorite, but we have browser based tools
at work that only run on IE so I need to have it available. There are
also apps that I have for personal use that have no OSX or Linux (I
run a Linux server too) equivalent.

I need to keep a copy of MS IE on one machine because my required State
monthly tax reports can _only_ be filed through IE.

write and complain. seriously. this is america. monopolies are
supposed to be illegal.

Old March 10th 09, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Andrew Muzi wrote:
jim beam wrote:
A Muzi wrote:
[...]
I need to keep a copy of MS IE on one machine because my required
State monthly tax reports can _only_ be filed through IE.

write and complain. seriously. this is america. monopolies are
supposed to be illegal.

My state is run by the democrat party. I can't afford the 'pay to play'
fees.

Wasn't the DOA [1] a creation of Tommy Thompson? The DOA runs the state
government, irregardless of elected politicians.

[1] Dept. of Administration aka Dead On Arrival.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old March 10th 09, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Bret wrote:
[...]

www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Some one say winter Crazy Fred Mountain Biking 2 January 7th 09 01:36 AM
Winter again. Patrick Lamb General 6 February 28th 08 09:20 AM
RR: Winter is on its way ... but it's not here yet. [email protected] Mountain Biking 4 December 17th 06 11:44 AM
winter cartel-phlox Unicycling 7 November 11th 06 09:36 PM
FA: Winter shoes, winter tights, Serfas saddle John Verheul Marketplace 0 January 4th 06 05:02 PM