Watts Per Kilogram

Old July 26th 10, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

Default Watts Per Kilogram

http://www.sportsscientists.com/

The values are in the range of clean riders described by Vayer. If this
is a clean Contador we are looking at, that would explain his
non-performance in the 2 long time trials he rode this year and his lack
of explosive ability in the climbs. If the Tour brings back the first
week long time trial, that could balance things out between the climbers
and rouleurs. Where that will leave Schleck should be interesting to see
next year.
Old July 26th 10, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jul 26, 9:33*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
http://www.sportsscientists.com/

The values are in the range of clean riders described by Vayer. If this
is a clean Contador we are looking at, that would explain his
non-performance in the 2 long time trials he rode this year and his lack
of explosive ability in the climbs. If the Tour brings back the first
week long time trial, that could balance things out between the climbers
and rouleurs. Where that will leave Schleck should be interesting to see
next year.

I liked the "orange juice" jab at the end.

Ferrari's meaning was quite clear, at least to someone who understands
that "doping" is institutionalized in Sport (meaning, it comes from
the top; "everyone was doping and everyone knew that everyone was
doping" from (in cycling specifically) the owners, advertisers, down
through management, DS's, soigneurs, riders, mechanics, gofers, etc.
etc.).

Instead of this comment somehow "discrediting" Ferrari, we could ask
if any of Ferrari's "patients" died, and decide what we think after
evidence pertaining to the ongoing well being of those he worked with
is presented.

Since this would be a massive amount of dirt to lay at Ferrari's
doorstep, Brian (All the Dirt, All the Time) Lafferty, I expect the
conclusions of your investigations forthwith g.
TIA!
--D-y
Old July 26th 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Brian - sincerely - Bring back dope. The tour is more exciting.

The crowds were less, the headlines were smaller, the drama was ( i
can't describe it because I fell asleep )

Old July 26th 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 7/26/2010 10:55 AM, --D-y wrote:
On Jul 26, 9:33 am, "B. wrote:
[...]

LOL!! The author of the post wrote about wattage analysis compared to
Ferrari's published comments. We could ask if any of Ferrari's patients
died, but that isn't the issue as much as you'd like it to be by raising
it as a strawman.

The Vayer analysis published by Walsh appears now to be fully on the
mark. Pretty good for a gym teacher, eh?

BTW, the dirt on Ferrari's doorstep is his and his alone.
Old July 26th 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
CowPunk

It's no wonder you're so confused about who is/isn't doping.
That has to be one of the worst pieces of junk science I've ever seen.

Old July 26th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ningi[_2_]

On 26/07/2010 17:08, CowPunk wrote:
It's no wonder you're so confused about who is/isn't doping.
That has to be one of the worst pieces of junk science I've ever seen.

Want to explain why?

Pete

Old July 26th 10, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jul 26, 10:53*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
On 7/26/2010 10:55 AM, --D-y wrote:

On Jul 26, 9:33 am, "B. *wrote:
[...]

The "orange juice" stab was meant to totally discredit Ferrari. My
point is, and obviously so, the jab was gratuitous.
IOW, maybe Ferrari's "science" (after reading through the fudge
factors in the article) is better, no matter if it was applied
"legally" or not.
If indeed Ferrari's "patients" enjoyed good health, the "orange juice"
comment pertains.
Do I need to post the link to the Bryant Gumbel show where the
official steroid hysteria gets poked plumb full of great big holes?
Don't pretend you don't understand this time, Brian (ref. the recent
"what math" comment).

The Vayer analysis published by Walsh appears now to be fully on the
mark. *Pretty good for a gym teacher, eh?

Vayer could even have been a lawyer, for all that matters.

BTW, the dirt on Ferrari's doorstep is his and his alone.

Why does the prayer say "lead us not into temptation", Brian?

I mean, long ago a contractor explained to me his moral obligation to
write a tight contract when he offered a bid on a job (this man's
business covered work from residential service work to multi-story
state college dormitories, btw). This, taken as a responsibility to
not tempt someone to cheat him, in regard for the other person (Am I
my brother's keeper?).

IOW, the rule makers in "sport" have a real, moral obligation to write
working rules that can be fairly enforced, not pie-in-the sky
proclamations that seek to protect them from blame when someone who
knows the guy next to him is cheating and not getting caught chooses
to compete on as even a playing field as he can manage.

Or, would you prefer to keep "doping" in the dark, and have a bunch
more athletes drop like flies (or have late-onset health issues)
before the problem is identified and dealt with in at least some
constructive manner?

If you're going to claim some kind of moral high road, you're going to
have to do a lot more, sir.
--D-y

Old July 26th 10, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jimmy July[_2_]

On 07/26/2010 07:58 AM, Anton Berlin wrote:
Brian - sincerely - Bring back dope. The tour is more exciting.

The crowds were less, the headlines were smaller, the drama was ( i
can't describe it because I fell asleep )

Welcome to the dark side!
Old July 26th 10, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
CowPunk

On Jul 26, 10:22*am, Ningi wrote:
On 26/07/2010 17:08, CowPunk wrote:

It's no wonder you're so confused about who is/isn't doping.
That has to be one of the worst pieces of junk science I've ever seen.

Want to explain why?

I already did.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl... 978394266392

Pete

Old July 26th 10, 07:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On Jul 26, 8:33 am, "B. wrote:
http://www.sportsscientists.com/

The values are in the range of clean riders described by Vayer. If this
is a clean Contador we are looking at, that would explain his
non-performance in the 2 long time trials he rode this year and his lack
of explosive ability in the climbs. If the Tour brings back the first
week long time trial, that could balance things out between the climbers
and rouleurs. Where that will leave Schleck should be interesting to see
next year.

Was Horner's SRM malfunctioning?

Cycling Watts Existential Angst UK 27 June 23rd 10 04:57 PM
Best way to measure Watts- Carl Sundquist Racing 0 December 8th 07 04:07 AM
Forty-four watts per Kilogram? jj General 13 July 23rd 05 05:16 AM
How many watts? [email protected] Techniques 34 June 5th 05 09:20 PM
PowerTap watts vs Computrainer watts David Wuertele Techniques 13 April 8th 05 12:56 AM