Landis Gets Applause

Old July 31st 10, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

Default Landis Gets Applause

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/07/30/...ills-race.html
Old July 31st 10, 03:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

On Jul 30, 8:56*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/07/30/...s-in-catskills...

my applause for Landis came out the other end
Old July 31st 10, 05:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
CowPunk

On Jul 30, 8:00*pm, raamman wrote:
On Jul 30, 8:56*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/07/30/...s-in-catskills...

my applause for Landis came out the other end

That's ironic considering Landis has diarrhea of the mouth.
Old July 31st 10, 06:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default "Fresno Bee"? What's next, Lodi Weekly? Lompoc Shopper?

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
news
http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/07/30/...ills-race.html

So I'm thinking, who would read the Fresno Bee except someone living in
Fresno? Of course, the answer is nobody. So why would someone use a wire
story from the Fresno Bee as a "news" source? The only thing I can come
up with is that that somebody has a wire service "scraper" programmed to
look for certain keywords in articles and collect those articles.
Basically you program a robot to do your work for you. And the
interesting thing about this is, instead of research, you can carefully
choose your keywords so that you get results that support what you
already believe.

The real beauty to this is that you avoid being exposed to things you
don't want to see or disagree with. You can construct your own safe
world where everything supports what you already believe, and you can
tell the world look, I'm right, here's proof I found on the 'net!

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old July 31st 10, 02:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

whether Flandis is telling the truth of not, the underlying motivation
should be obvious. Like before, he's looking for acceptance and
approval. When he was caught that meant putting on the deny, defend,
& fight front. Complete with enlisting others in the fight.

After that ran its course and didn't work out, and he's washed up as a
racer and largely forgotten, what's the next approach? Switch to the
other side and try to garner approval for fighting the corrupt
system. It's all a game either way. If he really had integrity he'd
shut up and get a regular job and just live like a regular joe..
Old July 31st 10, 02:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

news

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38495011/ns/sports/
Old July 31st 10, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Jul 31, 12:59*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"B. Lafferty" wrote in message

news
[...]

Mike - all news is like this. And music. An algorithm computes how
many times one should hear lady gaga at 2.1 times an hour and at a
ration not to exceed 1.317 that of Zac Bieber

In this way we call all think the same news and dance to the same
music. It's Orwell's heaven
Old July 31st 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
On 7/31/2010 1:59 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
"B. wrote in message
news
[...]

How is this a response to my post? What is your intent in posting a link to
the identical story in a different website? How does that respond to my
point about scraping for news one agrees with? Proof that your scraper
works?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old July 31st 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

"B. *wrote in message

[...]

Of course it doesn't answer your question. Ex-lawyers are even less
successful at answering a direct question than a current lawyer. They
answer the question that they want to answer.

BlogLapper decided to answer the question about the viewership of a
news source (even though they are the same AP story picked up at
different times), as if somehow that matters.

I'm sure you are spot on about his web crawling.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler
He's so clever.

What do you think his search terms are? I'm guessing:
'LANCE Armstrong doper indictment fraud boy does he have it coming!'

I think I might take a page from his book and set up a web crawler of
my own...let's see:
'Brian Lafferty OCD trolling douchebag'
On second thought, I'd never be able to review all of those hits, so I
need to trim it down:
'Brian Lafferty OCD trolling douchebag NAMBLA'
That should do it.

Old July 31st 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

"B. wrote in message
news http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/07/30/...ills-race.html

[...]

I took your comment to mean that the story wasn't worth being covered by
larger news outlets. But of course, it is.

MORE LANDIS ! datakoll Racing 4 February 16th 10 04:04 PM
Landis 2nd in TT DirtRoadie Racing 2 August 9th 09 07:04 PM
Landis MagillaGorilla[_2_] Racing 1 January 21st 08 07:22 AM
No applause please, just throw money! SMS General 14 May 22nd 07 05:17 PM
A big round of applause to ... Richard Sherratt Australia 8 November 27th 06 05:42 AM