The Official Floyd Excuse List

Old August 9th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Velo Reaper

Default The Official Floyd Excuse List

Floyd's Excuses Thus Far:
1. He has naturally high testosterone levels
2. He drank alcohol the night before
3. He received cortisone injections which may have contributed
4. He takes thyroid medication which may have contributed
5. It was a natural occurence in his "organism"
6. He was dehydrated
7. The test is unreliable
8. He unknowingly injested something
9. Lab tampering (an "agenda" of some kind)

--VeloReaper--

Old August 9th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob in CT

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:58:25 -0400, Velo Reaper wrote:

Floyd's Excuses Thus Far:
1. He has naturally high testosterone levels
2. He drank alcohol the night before
3. He received cortisone injections which may have contributed
4. He takes thyroid medication which may have contributed
5. It was a natural occurence in his "organism"
6. He was dehydrated
7. The test is unreliable
8. He unknowingly injested something
9. Lab tampering (an "agenda" of some kind)

--VeloReaper--

I believe any of them could be true, though I lean toward #9. By the way,
would it be possible to moderate r.b.r and create a r.b.r.doping?

--
Bob in CT
Old August 9th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark

news
wrote:

Floyd's Excuses Thus Far:
1. He has naturally high testosterone levels
2. He drank alcohol the night before
3. He received cortisone injections which may have contributed
4. He takes thyroid medication which may have contributed
5. It was a natural occurence in his "organism"
6. He was dehydrated
7. The test is unreliable
8. He unknowingly injested something
9. Lab tampering (an "agenda" of some kind)

--VeloReaper--

I believe any of them could be true, though I lean toward #9. By the way,
would it be possible to moderate r.b.r and create a r.b.r.doping?

No, #1. Oh wait, actually it was the E was low.
So #2. But after the stage he said he had only one beer. Toss that.
#3 and #4 have been rejected by his doc.
So #5. Makes you wonder why it's not mentioned in his UCI health pass.
Naturally high values are ok, as long as they are documented.
#6 Is the most plausible. You could clearly see how Landis kept missing his
mouth and most of his 70 bottles ended up evaporating ( his contribution to
curb global warming!)
#7, 8, and 9 are the most commonly used by anyone accused of doping, so why
not. I guess you have a point.

And we conclude: No positives in the Tour. Cycling is clean! Case closed.

Old August 9th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
JessicaG

I believe any of them could be true, though I lean toward #9. By the way,
would it be possible to moderate r.b.r and create a r.b.r.doping?

--
Bob in CT

Or he was caught. A clean cyclist named Newton once said: "We are to admit
no more causes of natural things, than such as are both true and sufficient
to explain their appearances." I think Landis should try shaving with an
Occam's razor next time.

Old August 9th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

Bob in CT wrote:
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:58:25 -0400, Velo Reaper wrote:

Floyd's Excuses Thus Far:
1. He has naturally high testosterone levels
2. He drank alcohol the night before
3. He received cortisone injections which may have contributed
4. He takes thyroid medication which may have contributed
5. It was a natural occurence in his "organism"
6. He was dehydrated
7. The test is unreliable
8. He unknowingly injested something
9. Lab tampering (an "agenda" of some kind)

--VeloReaper--

I believe any of them could be true, though I lean toward #9. By the
way, would it be possible to moderate r.b.r and create a r.b.r.doping?

How could the sample be tampered with when Floyd's own experts and
attorneys witnessed the opening of the B-sample? The B-sample, like the
A-sample, have fool-proof seals that once broken cannot be re-sealed.

Also, when you say "tampered with" what you are really saying is one of
the lab workers intentionally injected synthetic testosterone into the
samples.

And this person did this to both samples in the EXACT same concentration.

That's what you're really saying, but the details are too ridiculous to
actually articulate, so instead you leave it as generic as possible
("tampered").

Earth to people in RBR: The NTSB has not cited a single plane accident
as being caused by the Bermuda Triangle. Conspiracy theories are out of
vogue.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old August 9th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Bob in CT wrote:
[...]

JessicaG and Magilla are the voices of reason here. But I've got excuse
number 10 which would clear everything up for Froid -
He didn't know they wanted urine and spunked a load in the cup instead.
No?

-DA74 aka Spunkmaster Trash

Old August 9th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Velo Reaper wrote:
Floyd's Excuses Thus Far:
1. He has naturally high testosterone levels
2. He drank alcohol the night before
3. He received cortisone injections which may have contributed
4. He takes thyroid medication which may have contributed
5. It was a natural occurence in his "organism"
6. He was dehydrated
7. The test is unreliable
8. He unknowingly injested something
9. Lab tampering (an "agenda" of some kind)

10. My suit was late at the cleaners
11. I didn't have money for cab fare
12. The sun was in my eyes
13. There was terrible flood !!
14. Locusts !!!

15. I wasn't my fault I swear to GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 9th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
yaisb

I think that this case is a lesson and will prove to be a lesson to
many people.

I am very skeptical about Floyd's guilt. This is another case in many
that I have recently begun to question the validity of. Just think
about it. The authorities have declared his guilt over the results of
one test. That can also be done with DNA samples. By declaring his
guilt, the authorities have tried to make the case as simple as
possible. Either he is guilty or he isn't, based only on either a
positve or a negative result. They had also assumed that the fans
would just swallow this explanation whole, leaving no doubt in most
peoples' minds about his guilt. They assumed that people are generally
stupid and will easily pronounce judgment on just about anyone for just
about anything with only one piece of evidence. They did not REALLY
believe that people will think much about such things and won't be able
to put the evidence together themselves about what the truth really is.
We must question everything we are told that may influence how we
think. We are only looking at the play from in front of the stage. We
must question what goes on behind it before we pass judgment.

Floyd is offering possibilities. We can choose to listen or we can
choose to shut our ears. We can open our minds to the possibilities or
we can only accept everything we are told and stop thinking ourselves.
It is possible that the sample was tampered with. It is possible that
something he took inadvertently altered the test results. Don't
believe something because the media or the authorities say it is true.
Doing so would jeopardize our freedom of thought and our quest for
truth.

Old August 9th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Bob in CT wrote:
would it be possible to moderate r.b.r and create a r.b.r.doping?

Dumbass,
We like the way we are. If you don't like it here you know where the
doo..er the thing we use to cover the entrance to our shack is.

Old August 9th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:39:53 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

And this person did this to both samples in the EXACT same concentration.

Well, if the samples were pretty close to being the same size, he or
she would only have to inject the same amount in both. And shake it
well or whatever.

That's what you're really saying, but the details are too ridiculous to
actually articulate, so instead you leave it as generic as possible
("tampered").

Earth to people in RBR: The NTSB has not cited a single plane accident
as being caused by the Bermuda Triangle. Conspiracy theories are out of
vogue.

That's because all the good stuff happened before the NTSB was around
- by 1967 when the NTSB was formed, the aliens had enough influence to
get a couple on the board. So when it comes to the Bermuda Triangle
and the NTSB, you're working with a skewed sample. All the stuff
caused by aliens has been removed or redacted.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

New Testoterone info billb Racing 25 August 3rd 06 09:37 PM
Coup de boulela Floyd Mesa Racing 1 July 28th 06 01:16 AM
Official list of unicycling events? cyberpunk Unicycling 5 December 17th 05 10:09 AM
Turn Six Dollars Into Sixty Thousand Dollars frank General 0 February 5th 04 05:54 PM
ICYCLES Inventory List ICYCLES Marketplace 0 July 26th 03 08:25 PM