Five Ten brand shoes for cycling??

Old March 8th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Five Ten brand shoes for cycling??

Curious if anyone has tried this brand of shoes for
cycling?

http://www.fiveten.com/catalog/produ...2da8120a26ef3a

They have real sticky rubber soles
Old March 8th 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

wrote:
Curious if anyone has tried this brand of shoes for
cycling?

http://www.fiveten.com/catalog/produ...2da8120a26ef3a

They have real sticky rubber soles

_THEY_SUCK_

(Actually, I have no idea if they suck. But spammers do, especially ones
using poor grammar).
Old March 8th 09, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DanKMTB

http://www.fiveten.com/catalog/produ..._7&products_id....

They have real sticky rubber soles

_THEY_SUCK_

(Actually, I have no idea if they suck. But spammers do, especially ones
using poor grammar).

They make great rock climbing shoes, where sticky soles is key. No
idea on their cycling stuff.
Old March 8th 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Carl Sundquist wrote:

(Actually, I have no idea if they suck. But spammers do, especially ones
using poor grammar).

It was a serious question as I'm no spammer
Old March 9th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kerry Montgomery

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message
Curious if anyone has tried this brand of shoes for
cycling?

http://www.fiveten.com/catalog/produ...2da8120a26ef3a

They have real sticky rubber soles

_THEY_SUCK_

(Actually, I have no idea if they suck. But spammers do, especially ones
using poor grammar).

If I still had my 1972 Datsun Bluebird, I'd have to get a pair of these.
Kerry

Old March 10th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Carl Sundquist wrote:

_THEY_SUCK_

Well here is a guy who bought some for bike riding....

read his thoughts

scroll down to where he talks abt the five ten impact
shoes

http://www.thelazyrandonneur.com/
Old March 10th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Ace

On Mar 8, 12:43*pm, DanKMTB wrote:

They make great rock climbing shoes, where sticky soles
is key. *No idea on their cycling stuff.

Five Ten knows marketing: they gave their rubber
a cute name ("Stealth") and played it up in their ads.
They were successful in that lots of people believed
it was better than other brands of rubber.
(In blind tests, climbers couldn't tell the difference.)

I've used several brands of climbing shoes.
My Five Ten shoes all fell apart faster (i.e, lasted
through fewer resole jobs before the carcass
came apart) than any other brand I've used.

Tom Ace
Old March 10th 09, 05:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Carl Sundquist wrote:
_THEY_SUCK_

wrote:
Well here is a guy who bought some for bike riding....
read his thoughts
scroll down to where he talks abt the five ten impact
shoes
http://www.thelazyrandonneur.com/

I rode today in Italian leather shoes by Soldini, $5 at a thrift store.

Which also has no meaning.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 10th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DanKMTB

On Mar 10, 12:32*am, Tom Ace wrote:
On Mar 8, 12:43*pm, DanKMTB wrote:

They make great rock climbing shoes, where sticky soles
is key. *No idea on their cycling stuff.

Five Ten knows marketing: *they gave their rubber
a cute name ("Stealth") and played it up in their ads.
They were successful in that lots of people believed
it was better than other brands of rubber.
(In blind tests, climbers couldn't tell the difference.)

I've used several brands of climbing shoes.
My Five Ten shoes all fell apart faster (i.e, lasted
through fewer resole jobs before the carcass
came apart) than any other brand I've used.

Tom Ace

Interesting. I'm not much of a climber, but do it sometimes as my
best friend is a quite serious climber. He loves the 5.10 shoes.
Guess everyone's experience differs.

As for the rubber, even my inexperienced climbing self can tell the
difference between the shoes the gym rents and the 5.10s my buddy gave
me. Rubber/sticky tends to vary from shoe to shoe even within brands
though, so it's hard to tell anything on that.
Old March 10th 09, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Ace

On Mar 10, 6:43*am, DanKMTB wrote:

As for the rubber, even my inexperienced climbing
self can tell the difference between the shoes the
gym rents and the 5.10s my buddy gave me.

You are reporting on how you liked two
different shoes. The blind tests I had mentioned
used the same shoe models, differing only in
what rubber they'd been resoled with.

Fit matters more than the material (a concept
that will be familiar to readers of this group).

Tom Ace

if you are searching for and looking for brand shoes,pls follow me chenken12345 Unicycling 0 January 7th 08 05:22 PM
sell brand shoes leon Australia 3 November 18th 06 05:21 PM
pick up your name brand sport shoes [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 11th 06 08:44 PM
trade brand shoes [email protected] Techniques 0 March 30th 06 03:26 PM