Wirless cycle computers and PC realtime interfaces?

Old February 16th 04, 10:24 PM
tomw

Default Wirless cycle computers and PC realtime interfaces?

Has anyone seen a PC iterface to read wireless data from a cycle
computer to a PC in realtime? It would be great for writting training
software, recordering and displaying stats on PDA mounted on the
Handle bars,etc

If you've seen anything like this please let me know.
thanks
-tom
Old February 18th 04, 04:01 AM
Rex Vincere

What about a bluetooth GPS receiver?

gpspassion.com is going to have a 16 unit shootout by the end of this month.
I am waiting to read that article before buying one myself.

You could then even use your BT enabled phone (assuming proper software is
available) as a display, having one less thing to carry.

Then there is these oft talked GPS enabled phones coming, but that is a
whole different story.

Rex

om...

Old February 18th 04, 04:58 PM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Haven't seen one sold on its own, but some Polar heart monitors have
computer interfaces (infrared) and database systems. You could explo

http://www.polarusa.com

or for example
http://www.polarusa.com/consumer/cycling/model/S720.asp

Cheers,