campy 9spd rear

Old August 14th 05, 04:40 PM
bobby carter

Default campy 9spd rear

will a 'standard' record rear handle a 28t cog?

Old August 14th 05, 05:26 PM
Kendall

Yes if you have a double in front.

Old August 15th 05, 02:21 AM
A Muzi

bobby carter wrote:
will a 'standard' record rear handle a 28t cog?

Possibly. Campagnolo says max 26t rear with a 39-53. At 28t
you may experience chain sag in the small -small.

Ensure your chain is long enough by wrapping the large-large
and adding 2 rivets, then try to avoid riding in the 39-12.
A short chain with good intentions of not shifting to the
53-28 usually ends badly.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old August 15th 05, 03:35 PM

bobby carter wrote:
will a 'standard' record rear handle a 28t cog?

Yes. I use a 1998 short cage Chorus rear derailleur on my bike. 53-42
chainrings and 13-28 9 speed rear cassette. I have used a 39 tooth
chainring once or twice in my life and it also works. My 28 tooth
cassette came from a 13-26 Campagnolo 9 speed cassette and the QBP 28
tooth single cog. Replace the 26 with the 28. I use the loose cog
Veloce 9 speed cassettes so this is possible. Not possible with the
spider carrier method.