Tech ogling confessions

Old February 8th 19, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Tech ogling confessions

On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 21:08:26 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 2/6/2019 8:35 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 08:12:58 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

if one desires electric assist why not go all the way and invest in
something that has comfortable seats and air conditioning :-)

No problem. Comfort saddle:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=aluminum+tractor+seat
and mist cooling:
https://spruzzamist.com

meh.
If I were ever to buy a powered two wheeler it would be
something stunningly beautiful:

https://barnfinds.com/vintage-v-powe...idson-panhead/

But I won't.
Still, they are just sexy to ogle aren't they?

Nope. Anything that's as old as I am, isn't exactly sexy. Besides, I
lost my fascination with motorcycles at age 18 when I lost an argument
with a large tree.

This would be more to my liking, except that I would probably wear a
helmet, goggles, and some road rash protection:
"The JET Bicycle - The most dangerous unsafe bike EVER"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKHz7wOjb9w

Better:
"TurboJet Scooter" (3 parts)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MUGIr85zfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcd3vg-5hDA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83jH0sVCM9Q

More Better:
https://youtu.be/zsXWspo5hrc Jet Kart
https://youtu.be/-rHOqwmqZIQ Mini Jet Kids Scooter
https://youtu.be/QxpHJipB67g Jet BBQ
https://youtu.be/DMDLaQD8yAU Jet Drift Trike
https://youtu.be/-fDM9Eb16Do Jet Kettle
https://youtu.be/EorMrpM6q9Q No Weld Jet Engine
https://youtu.be/bKHz7wOjb9w Jet Bike (same as first URL)

The Mini Jet Kids Scooter looks like a fun project. Nice 3D printing
job for the fan mount. Good choice of battery except it costs about
$80.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old February 8th 19, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

To each his own. I can maintain/repair anything on a classic
panhead Harley. I suppose you could just screen a new chip
by the side of the road...

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 8th 19, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/7/2019 8:51 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/7/2019 8:23 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Come over the I-205 bridge from Vancouver (where living
is cheaper) and take bike paths and lanes almost all the
way downtown PDX.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...dge_aerial.jpg
(I-205 bridge between Oregon and Washington -- bike line
up the middle).

How do they handle entering and exiting that central bike lane?

same way it happens everywhere else

https://www.abc.net.au/news/image/68...x2-940x627.jpg

Old February 8th 19, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 16:11:10 -0800, "Mark J."
wrote:

It's a slippery slope, to be sure. I'm trying hard not to step onto it,
but I'm feeling the pull.
Mark J.

"I never resist temptation, because I have found that things
that are bad for me do not tempt me." (George Bernard Shaw)

"Many a man lives to a ripe old age because he never wastes
any energy resisting temptation" (attrib unknown)

Old February 8th 19, 05:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Come over the I-205 bridge from Vancouver (where living is cheaper) and take bike paths and lanes almost all the way downtown PDX. https://upload..wikimedia.org/wikipe...dge_aerial.jpg (I-205 bridge between Oregon and Washington -- bike line up the middle).

How do they handle entering and exiting that central bike lane?

--
- Frank Krygowski

This woman is oddly creepy, but starting at 1:00 the video show the approach from the Washington side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB61GrLiX3M

-- Jay Beattie
Old February 8th 19, 12:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 6:51:55 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/7/2019 8:23 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Come over the I-205 bridge from Vancouver (where living is cheaper) and
take bike paths and lanes almost all the way downtown PDX.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...dge_aerial.jpg
(I-205 bridge between Oregon and Washington -- bike line up the middle).

How do they handle entering and exiting that central bike lane?

--
- Frank Krygowski

This woman is oddly creepy, but starting at 1:00 the video show the
approach from the Washington side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB61GrLiX3M

-- Jay Beattie

The horror! She would be so much safer taking the lane over that bridge!

Been near the Vancouver side. Visiting on my way to Whistler. Lots of
bikes in the area when I was there.

--
duane
Old February 8th 19, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 5:13:45 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 6:51:55 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/7/2019 8:23 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Come over the I-205 bridge from Vancouver (where living is cheaper) and take bike paths and lanes almost all the way downtown PDX. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...dge_aerial.jpg (I-205 bridge between Oregon and Washington -- bike line up the middle).

How do they handle entering and exiting that central bike lane?

--
- Frank Krygowski

This woman is oddly creepy, but starting at 1:00 the video show the approach from the Washington side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB61GrLiX3M

-- Jay Beattie

Indeed creepy. I always wondered what the fun is for a recreatinal ride on that kind of roads with cars buzzing by left and right. Would drive me crazy.

Lou
Old February 8th 19, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

On 08/02/2019 9:51 a.m., wrote:
[...]

Well as far as the bridge, it's a way to get between Washington State
and Vancouver BC. I assume the point is for her to go for a ride around
Vancouver. Maybe she's going crab cakes in Stanley Park...
Old February 8th 19, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

It's mostly a way of getting somewhere. I cross the bridge and hook up with HWY 14 on the Washington side and ride out the Gorge. https://www.youtube..com/watch?v=IjvEsJvQe5w

Very atmospheric riding over Bridge of the Gods with its metal deck that steers your bike. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYzT-C5pDlU (1:50)

-- Jay Beattie.
Old February 8th 19, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

On 08/02/2019 10:12 a.m., jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Ah, I thought it was the bridge to Vancouver.

Biltong: Confessions of Brooks seat niffter Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 4 March 30th 09 08:58 PM
Confessions of a red-light runner... Vincent Patrick Australia 29 November 11th 06 02:56 PM
Confessions from a novice stair-rider. steveyo Unicycling 1 September 29th 06 06:29 PM
Confessions bomba Mountain Biking 11 September 11th 05 10:48 PM
Confessions of a new commuter Stuart Lamble Australia 24 March 1st 05 10:20 PM