Confessions

Old September 3rd 05, 11:40 PM
bomba

Default Confessions

I've joined the dark side. Twice.

So I live pretty near the centre of London now. Nearest mountain biking is
ooh, a long way out. I try and get out some weekends, but I just don't get
to ride enough.

I decided to build a commuter. A rag tag job; cheap frame from eBay, bits
scrounged off of bike classified forums, etc. Only it got a bit out of
hand though, and is now smattered with Ultegra and new wheels. It's an SS.
It's fixed. It nearly killed me on its first outing...

Lovely though the fixed is, it's not so good for the longer rides. I
found this out after I rode the (hilly) course for the GB triathlon champs
with my brother. It hurt. Solution? Pick up a second hand road bike!
Now have a Specialized Allez Comp which makes me smile and scares me in
equal measures.

Whilst I'm in confession mode, I've also raced. Did ok actually...

At some point I'll do an RR of our trip to Wales, where we met up with
Spademan. Mucho fun.

Hope you're all keeping well,

bomba
Old September 4th 05, 12:15 AM
Ride-A-Lot

bomba wrote:
[...]

I forgive you. We all have skeletons in the closet. Here is my little
secret team issue:

http://www.pchospital.net/road_kill

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 5th 05, 03:17 PM
Shaun aRe

"bomba" wrote in message
news
[...]

Hey Jon - good to hear from you gay roadie scum self again ',;~}~

Glad you al had fun in The Wales.

Shaun aRe
--
The use of absolutes is never appropriate.

Old September 6th 05, 02:47 AM
Rudy

Fixed gear, wow impresive dude!

Old September 6th 05, 03:02 PM
spademan o---[) *

Alright Jon. Its worse than I thought. First the marathon running then
the xc racing, then your brother the DH champ takes up triathlons.
Theres something in that shandy you southerners drink, return to
Germany asap and get some proper beers down ya neck before its too late!

Old September 9th 05, 03:23 AM
Slack

spademan o---[) * wrote:
Alright Jon. Its worse than I thought. First the marathon running then
the xc racing, then your brother the DH champ takes up triathlons.
Theres something in that shandy you southerners drink, return to
Germany asap and get some proper beers down ya neck before its too late!

Spadey, please get your arse over there before he's gone for good. And
don't forget the ER care package:
http://www.onlinesports.com/images/ssg-dd-1.jpg
http://www.springfish.com/turner/dhr.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/182/1...brown%20re.jpg

Hurry, there's still time!!!!
--
Slack
Old September 9th 05, 01:58 PM
Jimbo(san)

bomba says
I've joined the dark side. Twice.

Hope you're all keeping well,

bomba

Good to hear from you.

Keeping the wheels rolling is a good thing... even if it's *gasp* road
wheels.

Cheers

Jimbo(san)

--
Jimbo(san)

Old September 9th 05, 02:33 PM

Slack wrote:
spademan o---[) * wrote:
Alright Jon. Its worse than I thought. First the marathon running then
the xc racing, then your brother the DH champ takes up triathlons.
Theres something in that shandy you southerners drink, return to
Germany asap and get some proper beers down ya neck before its too late!

Spadey, please get your arse over there before he's gone for good. And
don't forget the ER care package:
http://www.onlinesports.com/images/ssg-dd-1.jpg
http://www.springfish.com/turner/dhr.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/182/1...brown%20re.jpg

Hurry, there's still time!!!!
--
Slack

That's pretty funny...
Bomba, the road hours will make you remember how much you enjoy the mtb
once you hit the dirt. Whatcha running on the fixie?
Also, as a group, how do we feel about unicycles?
/s

Old September 9th 05, 03:11 PM
Jimbo(san)

blubberpuss wrote:
Also, as a group, how do we feel about unicycles?
/s

I think unicycles are awesome..
Unfortunatly for me I sold my uni and I miss it...
A few weeks ago we came across a father and son on mtb unicycles doing
all kinds of cool stuff...
The kid was faster than me on descents.

Amazing stuff

--