Nimbus/ kh moment cranks

Old March 29th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Default Nimbus/ kh moment cranks

Shims come in many sizes.

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 30th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SkierAlex

Borgschulze wrote:
Shims come in many sizes.

Sorry this has got slightly off topic. Does an average bike shop have a
shim that could convert a 22.2mm seatpost to 27.2mm? What's the
standard bike seatpost size?

--
SkierAlex
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 30th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kyle_Destroyer

Dual drilled cranks are not good for trials and street, the dual holes
compromise the strength.

--
Kyle_Destroyer
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 30th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

I can't vie for any other of the unis, but I recently got a Nimbus
Trials and love it. I upgraded from a torker lx.

200th post

--
hungry4uni

If only all bikes were cut in two
'1st
VIDEO'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eerMP7UiFMw)
'2nd
VIDEO'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0zDpfTqpMo)
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 30th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkittle

SkierAlex wrote:
Sorry this has got slightly off topic. Does an average bike shop have a
shim that could convert a 22.2mm seatpost to 27.2mm? What's the
standard bike seatpost size?

Average bike shops may or may not have that size--more likely at a shop
that deals a lot with bmx bikes, as they're the most likely bikes to
have a 22.2 post. All you need to do is call around, and ask if they
have a shim to go from 22.2 to 27.2. If they don't, they can order one
for you; or you could try aebike.com. They usually run around US$7-10.

--
pkittle

*==========================
Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 30th 08, 08:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

Are you a street or trials rider? If you plan on ever getting into tech
street (or even just crankflips), I would definitely go KH. It is
lighter for one, which is quite important for techy stuff, but isn't
all that noticeable for everything else. The biggest problem with the
nimbus, however is the frame. If you get then nimbus II frame (the
first one you have listed) then be prepared to tear the pantlegs of
every single pants you ride with. I have ridden the nimbus 2 uni once
and both pantlegs got ruined just in that ride. I also have a similar
shaped frame and that also ruined a pantleg almost every ride. If you
go for the street frame, then that weighs more, but even worse, be
prepared to bend a post every ride. I literally have bent 2 or 3 22mm
posts in one day. The last one you listed costs i think $200 more than
a kh does and has a round frame. If you want to do tech street... a kh
is better by a long shot.

With trials or big street, it really doesn't matter much between the
normal nimbus 20 or the KH.

P.S. same applies for flatland with the tech street part. And remember,
many don't know this but KH frames do have a warranty.

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism.