Like to talk politics? Maybe a place where it's on-topic?

Old December 7th 10, 06:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ed Pirrero

Default Like to talk politics? Maybe a place where it's on-topic?

There is such a place. And, ATM it is inhabited with quite a few
right-of-center folks who could do with a little food for thought.

Even a discussion of bike helmet laws, and whether or not they should
be mandatory (along with bike licensing, etc.) might be indicated.

www.quattroworld.com.

The forums are KAWF-based, so they are threaded like USENET. You can
track threads, so no need for bumping. You can edit or cancel your
own posts. Free, of course, and there are a variety of forums (beer,
firearms, computers) where folks talk about those things. And yes,
people do talk about bikes. Road and MTB.

Maybe even a few posts could be made about wheels standing on their
spokes.

E.P.
Old December 8th 10, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/7/2010 12:32 AM, Ed Pirrero wrote:
There is such a place. And, ATM it is inhabited with quite a few
right-of-center folks who could do with a little food for thought.

Even a discussion of bike helmet laws, and whether or not they should
be mandatory (along with bike licensing, etc.) might be indicated.

www.quattroworld.com.

Did you first go there thinking it was an Audi forum?

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old December 8th 10, 06:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ed Pirrero

On Dec 7, 4:28*pm, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 12/7/2010 12:32 AM, Ed Pirrero wrote:

There is such a place. *And, ATM it is inhabited with quite a few
right-of-center folks who could do with a little food for thought.

Even a discussion of bike helmet laws, and whether or not they should
be mandatory (along with bike licensing, etc.) might be indicated.

www.quattroworld.com.

Did you first go there thinking it was an Audi forum?

From the first day, it was meant to address a wide range of interests,
and the site owners knew that not all the members would be Audi
owners.

And, as chance would have it, even those folks who do own Audis are
interested in politics and bicycles, as well as cars (of all kinds, as
it happens).

I first went to its progenitor back when I had a cranky used Audi and
knew nothing about how to go about fixing it myself. And, while I was
learning how to fix the beast (RIP), the folks I met turned out to be
a pretty nice crowd. I found I liked them a bit better than some of
the more, ummm, vocal USENET denizens.

E.P.