PEDAL EXCHANGE program

Old December 14th 05, 09:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default PEDAL EXCHANGE program

OK, I've mentioned this before, but only a few people read the forum
back then, and some of them didn't get the idea.

If you're always mounting left-footed, you tend to break the left
pedal. But there are even more people who mount righty. They tend to
bust their right pedals.

That means that there are a lot of unmatched pedals out there -- and if
you're like me, that means you have a lot of single pedals that you
can't use.

So I'm proposing a pedal exchange. Simply submit a reply to this,
announcing what you have (and maybe also what you'd take in trade), and
then someone else can post back to you, either private message or by
giving their e-ddress. Righties and lefties can exchange pedals this
way, saving a lot on pedals since you won't need to buy a new pair each
time you bust just one pedal.

As it stands, I have a few right pedals to throw into the exchange.
I'll write back with specifics later, but they're all cheapos. Does
anyone want one of them in exchange for a cheapo left-foot pedal?

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834

Old December 14th 05, 09:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Wow, the only time I've ever broken a pedal was on a big drop landed
wrong. Do people really break that many pedals?

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

Old December 14th 05, 10:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I too am puzzled about the broken pedal dilemma... unless you're talking
about plastics... I've beat the living hell out of my Odyssey JC's,
ground them on concrete, pavement and steel, and they've yet to show
more than a scrape or three. Why not stop the problem before it starts
and use higher quality pedals as opposed to flying through sets of
cheapos?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

Old December 14th 05, 10:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i broke my new set of pinned pedals yesterday. i landed funny on a pedal
grab. snap! like 1/4 of my pedal broke off. but its still usable until
the next pedlegrab...

--
manon1wheel

Riley Crosby

getting better... lvl 5 unicyclist
-.- T1me to overthrow most replies!!-.-
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Old December 14th 05, 10:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Maestro and forrest, you're just not trying hard enough! I've smashed a
V8 pedal in a crash doing trials on rocks and broken a chunk out of one
of the V8 copies that come with Onza uni's. The second one is still
usable, though not for trials. It's now on my coker.

I think it's a great idea David, Good on yer.

--
MrBoogiejuice

Cars suck.
Ride a unicycle.
Be happy.

Make crumbs not War!
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

Old December 15th 05, 01:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Jason, you've seen the snafus on my trials unis. The left one has cracks
all over the body of it, and the bad side is about as smooth as a grind
plate. You can easily wear pedals out roughly pedalgrabbing and
grinding on concrete ledges. Jim c's are a bit harder, but it's still
possible.

I've broken 2 wellgo b-37s, bent 2 snafu axles, shattered one Zuzu
pedal body, shattered two generic Zuzu knockoff pedals, and cracked one
snafu pedal body (6 large cracks in one pedal).

I would participate, but I bend the axles on my right pedals, and
shatter or rip pins out of my left pedals. This leaves me nothing to
trade, and have enough single pedals laying around the house to last a
while. I would replace my severely cracked/worn set of snafus on my
trials uni, but I've spent 2 years wearing this grind plate into my
pedalgrab pedal. What a waste to just throw it away (well, melt it
down...).

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

Old December 15th 05, 07:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I can't believe that people who mount with their right foot get through
right hand pedals faster than those who mount with their left. I've
never noticed this in the riding of myself or any of my friends.

--
kington99

Dave

Old December 15th 05, 08:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I cant believe only mounting can be so tough on your pedals, maybe
suicide mounts but seriusly. I have done drops up to 2 meter without
damaging my pedals. The only thing that ruins pedals for me is
pedalgrabs.

--
fexnix

'*My fresh gallery*'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
*I Got Infinite Skillz*
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

Old December 16th 05, 04:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hey. I don't really think its the mounting that hurts the pedals. I
always break my left pedals, which I thought was weird at first,
considering I grind on my right foot, so that pedal takes a lot more
abuse. The thing is, you are more likely to break your back pedal.
This is because when you land from a drop, or hopping of some sort and
roll forward, your front foot is getting a cushion as it lands and
absorbs the shock of the land by moving downwards. The back peal,
however, lands and then gets more of a shock as it immediately goes
back up without first absorbing any of it. So this is my theory of why
the back pedal breaks more often, but I like the peal exchange idea.

Kevin

--
tugboat

"You won't get hurt if you land it!"
tugboat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3298

Old December 16th 05, 05:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

when I learnt to ride my uni, I destroyed my plastic pedals equally. I
guess that I'm just talented.

--
tyler_cochrane

brick, where'd you get a hand grenade?

i don't know.
tyler_cochrane's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10997

Shimano PD-A520 SPD Pedal versus M520 Pedal buck Techniques 5 July 24th 05 08:10 PM
Lefty/Right Pedal Exchange Club David Stone Unicycling 2 May 31st 04 08:30 PM
secret to pedal grabbing muniracer Unicycling 5 March 3rd 04 07:14 AM
stupid pedal MPUni Unicycling 13 February 27th 04 04:29 AM
DIY Pedal Grind Plates mango Unicycling 9 February 25th 04 08:02 PM