Coker Info

Old December 16th 05, 02:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Coker Info

Jim wrote:

There were no bearing spacers, but even worse the bearings on it didn't
even match, one was NTN and one was NGS with blue sides, neither were
either dirt or moisture sealed so we switched them for some decent
bearings and now the wheel now runs much better. When I saw the
mis-matched bearings I thought it must be a Friday afternoon job, but
apparently this is quite common with Cokers, I told my friend he should
have got it from unicycle.com who fix the bearings before they send
them out.

jim

Funny just tonight I replaced the bearings on my Radial 360. It had the
spacers, but only one cover on each bearing. And yes they were
different bearing part numbers. I was shocked at finding open bearings.
There is no excuse for selling such crap when good bearings are
available for less than $1.70 a pair.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Old December 16th 05, 02:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

But I have to tell you, UDC appreciated my note pointing out the problem
and credited the cost of the bearings within 30 minutes. That is
awesome service, as usual from UDC.

Old December 16th 05, 08:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Todd and Corky,

Well the thread has wandered far and wide as is often the case with us.
Hopefully in addition to the feedback on your frames and hubs, it's
also helpful for you to know what kind of heat we're packing when we're
out enjoying our Big Ones.

One thing that's been mentioned a few times in this thread is how the
Coker has really changed the face of unicycling, and created a whole
new category--distance unicycling--that just wasn't feasible with the
hard-tired big wheels. Since you seem to be willing to invest some time
in getting a deeper understanding, I thought it might be helpful to
gather together some links to some of the bigger rides, riders, and
events that the Coker tire has helped enable. You'll see it's helped
some people push themselves to almost superhuman achievements
(aspenmike), while others have combined unicycling and ambassadorship
on extended country tours, or helped raise significant money for
charity organizations.

I'm sure there will be others I'll miss, but I've tried to include the
ones that were most inspiring to me as I've tried to increase my own
skill and distance. In the process of reading them, you'll be
introduced to some of your most serious product users.

'Lars Claussen's USA Tour' (http://www.onewheel.org/): you're probably
aware already. Still the longest single tour on record.

'Norwegian Unicycle Tour' (http://www.unitours.org/tours/NUT/): a long
distance unicycle ride starting in Trondheim, Norway and ending in
Bodø, Norway. Ten riders went a total distance of 601 miles.

'UniTours' (http://www.unitours.org): One stop shop for info on the BIG
distance rides like Norway. Includes links to this year's Alps Unicycle
Tour and several others, plus write-ups on equipment, profiles of some
of the major distance riders, and lots and lots of photos of Cokers in
interesting places, including above the Arctic Circle.

'Thread discussing people that have completed 100 mile Coker rides'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45013).

'One Hour World Record Ride'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38555):World Record
attempt on a geared up, outrageous custom Coker.

'Seattle to Portland on a Coker (200+ miles in two days)'

'Unicycling Around Lake Tahoe'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41085): Two threads
about one of the more picturesque rides in the country.

'Why do you distance cycle?'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37632): Somebody
asked, lots of bodies answered. May find some good insight into your
customer base.

'Cokering in skateparks'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37409): One guy has
been pushing the boundaries here...Cokering on vertical ramps, bowls,
etc. Here's one thread with a video, but you could search on him and
you'd find many more.

'Ultra Achievement - Durango Challenge'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40525): Skip to page
3 for the write up of this epic ride by Aspenmike, one of the top
mountain/endurance riders.

'Aspen-Snowmass Cancer Ride'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35305): Another epic
ride and write-up from Aspenmike, benefit for charity.

'California Coast Classic'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32075): Scot Cooper
did a 520 mile ride for charity.

'Ken Looi's 24 Hour and 100 Mile Record Ride'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37761): which also
happened to benefit charity.

'Tour de Yoop'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45174)Ride planned
next summer to raise funds for charity.

'Laos Unicycle Tour'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44584): Upcoming
tour to raise money for charity. Also has a link to the details on last
year's tour.

'Distance Ride for Multiple Sclerosis'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41954): Thread on a
ride I did this summer to raise funds for MS. First unicycle in the
Washington ride, and ended up #13 out of 750 in fundraising.

'Ride to raise money for AIDS' (http://www.fl1w.org/ARFL.htm)

There are many others. Perhaps some folks will post links to their
favorite Cokering threads.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

Old December 16th 05, 10:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

bugman wrote:

9mm...no, Kimber 1911 yes, Kel Tec P3AT yes.... I would love to see
pictures of that Coker being ridden while aiming with the 9mm and an
M16 as well. Stay safe and keep your head low.

Just out of curiosity, aiming at what?

--
goldenchicken
goldenchicken's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8149

Old December 16th 05, 04:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

goldenchicken wrote:
Just out of curiosity, aiming at what?

The target.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Coker Info Gilby Unicycling 4 December 5th 05 09:37 PM
Coker -v- Holy Roller Mikefule Unicycling 2 October 2nd 05 09:59 PM
What makes a Coker a Coker? unicus Unicycling 53 May 10th 05 08:09 AM
Thoughts on my coker, after 100 miles of riding. billham Unicycling 76 August 25th 04 03:29 PM
Coker and Flywheel effect Klaas Bil Unicycling 53 October 31st 03 11:40 PM