RSU Statistics for 2006 - not

Old January 4th 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Klaas Bil

Default RSU Statistics for 2006 - not

Hi all,

you may have noticed that (contrary to my earlier habits) I've hardly
posted here during the last half year or so. The technical reason for
that is some persistent problem in how my news client and my news
server(s) work together (I used to read and post via USEnet - which may
mean nothing to you). But then I realised this situation freed up a
-lot -of time so I haven't researched that problem all too
intensively.

Anyway, a consequence is that I cannot make a 2006 stats page due to
lack of data. So unlike in 'previous years'
(http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/uni_statistics.htm), you won't be able
to see who were the top posters last year, the top subjects, the growth
in traffic etc...

...unless... I am in contact with someone who has shown some interest
and *-_may_-* want to take over my role in this respect. Note the
emphasis, and so don't hold your breath, but the stats may re-emerge.

I continue to ride - and to read and post at a healthier rate than
before.

Klaas Bil

--
Klaas Bil
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

Old January 4th 07, 07:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
one wheely

That's Cool!
I went back and re-read the '05 stuff.
I never knew that you (or anybody) collected annual data on rsu usage!
It's a shame that you can't keep doing it, it seems to be quite a
tradition.

Edit- There's probably be a few less rsu posts, with the new video
forum around.

--
one wheely

Why stroll...when you can roll?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!
one wheely's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11955

Old January 4th 07, 07:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Catboy

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can just see the looks on all the kids faces who post
bost like mad every year waiting for this... oh wait, that's my
reflection in the screen!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

--
Catboy

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

----The biggest pussy you'll ever meet.

Old January 4th 07, 08:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Catboy wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can just see the looks on all the kids faces who post
bost like mad every year waiting for this... oh wait, that's my
reflection in the screen!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

|Filename: 300px-The_Scream.jpg |

john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old January 4th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TheObieOne3226

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[image: http://www.hollywood-north.net/mcauley.jpg]

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Old January 4th 07, 10:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

All the data needed for calculating the statistics is in the
unicyclist.com forum database. The data will be there for when someone
wants to do the tabulating and calculating. It's not as if the data
was never collected for this year. The necessary data is also in a
nice database so it will be organized and easy to get at. So whenever
someone gets the gumption to do the tabulating the data will be there.
No need to panic.

Old January 4th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gilby

john_childs wrote:
All the data needed for calculating the statistics is in the
unicyclist.com forum database. The data will be there for when someone
wants to do the tabulating and calculating. It's not as if the data
was never collected for this year. The necessary data is also in a
nice database so it will be organized and easy to get at. So whenever
someone gets the gumption to do the tabulating the data will be there.
No need to panic.

Exactly, in fact you could just do a little programming and some
database queries to get a summary. If someone wants to take on that
task, let me know.

--
Gilby
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Old January 4th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Well, I know it doesn't give -exactly -the same info as Klass Bill
normally gives us, but why not have a look at 'this.'
(http://tinyurl.com/ybsvev)

It actually gives a lot -more -info, and is nice and easy to navigate
around and display what you are interested in.

The only real hiccup I can see is that it doesn't show a list of the
top posters for the whole year, just for days, weeks, months and
quarters.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078

Old January 4th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

If Klaas Bil Doesn't do it, it's not worth it. If it ain't Dutch, it
ain't much.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

Finally made it to my (n+1)th post....* TOTALLY AWESOME!!!*

Unicycle For the Chafing

Old January 4th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

I want to see it, just 'cause it's interesting, and it's a tradition.
But I don't have a clue how to do it myself, so I guess that's out if
the question...

--
forrestunifreak

Sometimes the straightest path is through the mud.
'*My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
BANANA'S FOR JESUS!
You 'N I, See Why See El Ee?

R.S.U. statistics for 2005 Klaas Bil Unicycling 35 January 10th 06 07:02 AM
How to laugh with statistics Just zis Guy, you know? UK 12 December 2nd 05 09:44 PM
Statistics on cycling RobD UK 0 May 29th 05 07:25 AM
2003 RBR statistics Robert Chung Racing 10 January 9th 04 09:24 PM
Interesting Statistics. William Higley, Sr. Recumbent Biking 0 July 21st 03 05:17 AM