Opionions on Vredestein Fortezza SE

Old May 25th 04, 08:21 PM
S o r n i

Default Opionions on Vredestein Fortezza SE

Bengt-Olaf Schneider wrote:
" S o r n i" wrote in message
Bengt-Olaf Schneider wrote:
Performance is running a sale on these tires.
Does anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

My friend swears by the (Dutch-made?) Fortezzas, but swears *AT* the
cheaper ones! I would /assume/ (always iffy) that these are the
lesser-quality versions.

Bill "do a little research, then decide?" S.

Thanks, Bill. Any idea how to figure out where the tire was
manufactured ?

Read the small print on the packaging (or website if mail order); or contact
the manufacturer.

If they're on sale for $22.97 each or whatever, you can always give 'em a
try and not risk too much.

Tires are subjective anyway. I bought some Hutchinson Carbon Comps on sale
at Performance, and hated them (felt squirmy on climbs to me, sucking
energy); others seem to love 'em.

Bill "YMMV (literally)" S.

Old May 26th 04, 12:54 AM
T Scanlin

I bought the 23mm blue ones recently and put about 200 miles on them so far.
They replaced the original Bontragers on my Trek 2300 and I haven't noticed
much of a difference in the ride.

Are they great? Time will tell. But for the price they seem OK so far.

"Bengt-Olaf Schneider" wrote in message
. net...

"Mike Latondresse" wrote in message
Bill Lloyd wrote in
:

On 2004-05-24 10:51:47 -0700, "Bengt-Olaf Schneider"
said:

Performance is running a sale on these tires.
Does anybody have experience with them. Durability, comfort,
failures etc ? Many thanks in advance for your comments.

Bengt-Olaf.

The black ones (list is about $40) are among my favorite tires of
all time. Handling is very good, weight is low, and they corner
well. Average about 1 flat per tire (which means, per 2500 miles
or so).

I ran the 25c's, which was a great mix of comfort, weight, and
flat/rim protection.

My experience exactly Bill except that I have run the last few down
to the cords (they are white) without a flat. That said I am now
likely cursed to have a flat every 50k.

Thanks for the comments. You mention the "black ones".
The ones on sale are blue. I assume that we are still talking about the

same
tire. No ?

Bengt-Olaf.