My CF Adventure

Old March 21st 13, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default My CF Adventure

On Mar 20, 1:46*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Mar 19, 11:34*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

On 3/11/2013 8:13 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:

'97 Toyota 4Runner (about 60K miles). *The ski car --
going to
University of Utah with my son.
2011 Subaru Outback. *The wife's car and general do it all
car.

My son's not a big driver, and I doubt the truck will get much use --
except to drive up the canyons to go skiing. *I agree that he doesn't
need it -- it's more of a "want it" thing and something for us to use
when we come visiting. *I'm not so sure about this decision, and
things may change.

Too bad University of Utah doesn't have a Zip Car program. *Sounds
like that's what your son needs.

Why would he need that if he has the ski car?

If you start here, you may be able to request they start one up:http://www.zipcar.com/universities

Old March 21st 13, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Mar 21, 4:36*pm, Dan O wrote:
On Mar 20, 1:46*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Mar 19, 11:34*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

On 3/11/2013 8:13 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:

'97 Toyota 4Runner (about 60K miles). *The ski car --
going to
University of Utah with my son.
2011 Subaru Outback. *The wife's car and general do it all
car.

My son's not a big driver, and I doubt the truck will get much use --
except to drive up the canyons to go skiing. *I agree that he doesn't
need it -- it's more of a "want it" thing and something for us to use
when we come visiting. *I'm not so sure about this decision, and
things may change.

Too bad University of Utah doesn't have a Zip Car program. *Sounds
like that's what your son needs.

Why would he need that if he has the ski car?

The idea is "instead of," not "in addition to."

- Frank Krygowski
Old March 21st 13, 11:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

On 3/20/2013 3:46 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Mar 19, 11:34 pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

On 3/11/2013 8:13 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:

'97 Toyota 4Runner (about 60K miles). The ski car --
going to
University of Utah with my son.
2011 Subaru Outback. The wife's car and general do it all
car.

My son's not a big driver, and I doubt the truck will get much use --
except to drive up the canyons to go skiing. I agree that he doesn't
need it -- it's more of a "want it" thing and something for us to use
when we come visiting. I'm not so sure about this decision, and
things may change.

Too bad University of Utah doesn't have a Zip Car program. Sounds
like that's what your son needs.

If you start here, you may be able to request they start one up:
http://www.zipcar.com/universities

Is a Zip Car anything like a zip gun?

--
T0m $herm@n
Old March 22nd 13, 02:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Mar 21, 7:05*pm, "T0m $herman"
wrote:
[...]

Not much. Zip cars are a much better idea.

- Frank Krygowski
Old March 22nd 13, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Mar 21, 3:48 pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Mar 21, 4:36 pm, Dan O wrote:

On Mar 20, 1:46 pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Mar 19, 11:34 pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

On 3/11/2013 8:13 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:

'97 Toyota 4Runner (about 60K miles). The ski car --
going to
University of Utah with my son.
2011 Subaru Outback. The wife's car and general do it all
car.

My son's not a big driver, and I doubt the truck will get much use --
except to drive up the canyons to go skiing. I agree that he doesn't
need it -- it's more of a "want it" thing and something for us to use
when we come visiting. I'm not so sure about this decision, and
things may change.

Too bad University of Utah doesn't have a Zip Car program. Sounds
like that's what your son needs.

Why would he need that if he has the ski car?

The idea is "instead of," not "in addition to."

So let's see. I'm away at college. I can either have my own car,
capable of hauling my skis and what not, available for my exclusive
use, or I can do some kind of car share thing and my buddies can hold
my skis in their lap with the tips out the open window and try not to
ding them up. *My* idea was that - in comparison - the zip car is not
that much of a step up from just taking the bus, and the choice is a
no-brainer.
Old March 22nd 13, 10:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

On Mar 21, 4:36 pm, Dan O wrote:

[...]

I guess the idea is that you're a college kid so you rent a station
wagon from the zip car program when you need to carry your skis and you
avoid paying the cost to own the car when you don't often need it. This
cost includes insurance which can be substantial for the average college
student.
Old March 22nd 13, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Mar 21, 4:36 pm, Dan O wrote:

[...]

Right. People pay loan payments and insurance and lose depreciation
dollars whether their car is being used or is sitting parked. If a
college kid is doing things right, his car should spend almost all its
time parked.

Zip Car lets you pay only when you're using the car.

- Frank Krygowski
Old March 22nd 13, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

SKI VERMONT

ina RV conversion

http://all-carz.com/data_images/stey...nzgauer-12.jpg
Old March 22nd 13, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

MEGA MIND ****

https://www.google.com/search?q=GOOG...2F%3B320%3B213
Old March 23rd 13, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

BE SERIOUS NO ONES GONNA RENT YOU A SKI WAGON.