Left behind by Slipstream's evolution?

Old August 12th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Alex Beascoechea

Default Left behind by Slipstream's evolution?

"Morten Reippuert Knudsen" wrote in message
bar wrote:

Hm. I wonder if Vaughters had any clue that disco was coming apart
before he signed all those big names to slipstream? He might have
been able to get levi pretty cheap (assuming he'd want the old
fart) ...

I don't think they want any of the Discovery staff or riders. Today
Johnny Weltz said to http://feltet.dk:

"I don't think its positive when a sponsor pulls out of cycling. But i
can't se it as ****ing negative when /this/ team disapears. I'm not
gonna miss their filosifi. We are many who has shaken our heads in
fustration - what did they think the could acomplish by hireing Basso?
we in cycling have to be aware that we are part of a larger community.
We have to be rolemodels - their actions just dosn't fit in cycling
today" (the last part can't be translated directly into english)

Welts ends the interview: "Abesolutely, iv'e still got some friends at
Discovery, but on /this/ team there is a lot of people whom cycling
would shurely be better without. (hint Armstrong and Brunell)

Welts is currently sportdirector at Slipstream, and he was the
sportdirector who initially setup USP when they started racing in
europe before Brunell came along. As an active rider Weltz rode for
Motorola in the teams pre armstrong years.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

Is this the Johnny Weltz from ONCE vintage end of 80s an beginning of 90s
speaking? Textbook case of kettle calling the pot "black".

I guess it is the Zeitgeist to get people like Rjiis and Welz acting
defenders of the ethical integrity of the sport.

Mamma!!!

Old August 12th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

bar wrote:

[...]

Mamma!!!- Hide quoted text -

Yep, just like our famous televangelist Jim Baker, and others. Those
who make the most sanctimonious noise end up being proven the
guiltiest.
Bill C

Old August 12th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

oups.com...
wrote:

Is this the Johnny Weltz from ONCE vintage end of 80s an beginning of
90s
speaking? Textbook case of kettle calling the pot "black".

I guess it is the Zeitgeist to get people like Rjiis and Welz acting
defenders of the ethical integrity of the sport.

Mamma!!!- Hide quoted text -

Yep, just like our famous televangelist Jim Baker, and others. Those
who make the most sanctimonious noise end up being proven the
guiltiest.

I was thinking more about how the morons here jump so fast to use some
discredited idiot as "proof" of their own beliefs.

Old August 12th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article . net,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

oups.com...
wrote:

Is this the Johnny Weltz from ONCE vintage end of 80s an beginning of
90s
speaking? Textbook case of kettle calling the pot "black".

I guess it is the Zeitgeist to get people like Rjiis and Welz acting
defenders of the ethical integrity of the sport.

Mamma!!!- Hide quoted text -

Yep, just like our famous televangelist Jim Baker, and others. Those
who make the most sanctimonious noise end up being proven the
guiltiest.

I was thinking more about how the morons here jump so fast to use some
discredited idiot as "proof" of their own beliefs.

Hmm, like you and every source you've cited on global warming, T?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old August 12th 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

oups.com...

wrote:

Is this the Johnny Weltz from ONCE vintage end of 80s an beginning of
90s
speaking? Textbook case of kettle calling the pot "black".

I guess it is the Zeitgeist to get people like Rjiis and Welz acting
defenders of the ethical integrity of the sport.

Mamma!!!- Hide quoted text -

Yep, just like our famous televangelist Jim Baker, and others. Those
who make the most sanctimonious noise end up being proven the
guiltiest.

I was thinking more about how the morons here jump so fast to use some
discredited idiot as "proof" of their own beliefs.- Hide quoted text -

But Tom they KNOW every rider is a guilty doping scumbag so it doesn't
matter how flimsy the "evidence" they use to support their
proclamations are. Who needs actual proof before trashing someone when
you've got suspicion and imagination?
Bill C

Evolution dvd ? wth ? doubleflip Unicycling 31 October 11th 06 10:01 PM
Making left turn -- how far left is left? [email protected] General 18 October 11th 05 12:15 AM
Evolution?? ... of what? Gary S. Mountain Biking 1 September 8th 05 04:38 AM
MTB evolution DD5 UK 15 December 27th 03 12:47 PM
left handed left pedals DejaVU General 14 October 3rd 03 10:14 AM