You have to love the guy...

Old July 22nd 12, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

Default You have to love the guy...

.... "now we're going to do the draw for the raffle".

UD
Old July 22nd 12, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 22/07/2012 18:59, Uncle Dave wrote:
... "now we're going to do the draw for the raffle".

Yeah, he went through a silly stage after Sky gave him his first million but the
TdF beat that out of him two years ago and now he's back to normal...great guy
and clearly the best all-round cyclist at the Tour this year...the yellow jersey
doing lead out duty up the Champs...whatever next?

Old July 22nd 12, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 22/07/2012 20:25, atriage wrote:
On 22/07/2012 18:59, Uncle Dave wrote:
... "now we're going to do the draw for the raffle".

Yeah, he went through a silly stage after Sky gave him his first million
but the TdF beat that out of him two years ago and now he's back to
normal...great guy and clearly the best all-round cyclist at the Tour
this year...the yellow jersey doing lead out duty up the
Champs...whatever next?

I recall somebody else doing that, but not who or when...

UD
Old July 23rd 12, 12:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jul 22, 11:59*am, Uncle Dave wrote:
... "now we're going to do the draw for the raffle".

UD

Yeah, that was entertaining.
Hard guy to figure out (to the extent the WE, the general public, have
any reason, justification or rationalization for doing so.)

A few, now well documented, harsh words. Probably justified.
A bunch of demonstrations of character,sportsmanship, being a team
player, general good stuff, etc.
1. Not making a big deal out of Froomes arguably indiscrete comments
and actions on the road.
2. A shared shoulder pat with Nibali on one of the finishes.
3. Helping to lead out Cavendish today

A class act all around. The whole team for that matter.
Geez, add Millar and it's hard to even think of betting against them
next week.
DR
Old July 23rd 12, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 23/07/2012 00:11, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Jul 22, 11:59 am, Uncle wrote:
... "now we're going to do the draw for the raffle".

UD

Yeah, that was entertaining.
Hard guy to figure out (to the extent the WE, the general public, have
any reason, justification or rationalization for doing so.)

A few, now well documented, harsh words. Probably justified.
A bunch of demonstrations of character,sportsmanship, being a team
player, general good stuff, etc.
1. Not making a big deal out of Froomes arguably indiscrete comments
and actions on the road.
2. A shared shoulder pat with Nibali on one of the finishes.
3. Helping to lead out Cavendish today

4. He didn't break into tears on the podium.
5. He didn't produce any children on the podium.
6. At one of the after stage interviews he made a joke about what Keith Richards
said he could do with a gram of smack.

Old July 23rd 12, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On Jul 22, 11:59 am, Uncle wrote:
... "now we're going to do the draw for the raffle".

UD

Yeah, that was entertaining.
Hard guy to figure out (to the extent the WE, the general public, have
any reason, justification or rationalization for doing so.)

A few, now well documented, harsh words. Probably justified.
A bunch of demonstrations of character,sportsmanship, being a team
player, general good stuff, etc.
1. Not making a big deal out of Froomes arguably indiscrete comments
and actions on the road.
2. A shared shoulder pat with Nibali on one of the finishes.
3. Helping to lead out Cavendish today

A class act all around. The whole team for that matter.
Geez, add Millar and it's hard to even think of betting against them
next week.

They get Millar but they lose the BoDog.

Old July 23rd 12, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

--

He seems to have a sense a humor, but he's so deadpan it's hard to
pick up on. Oh well, as I said, as if we're in a position to judge....

DR

I love Usenet almost as much as I love bicycles. Zoot Katz General 7 April 8th 08 07:36 AM
I love Usenet almost as much as I love bicycles. Zoot Katz Social Issues 7 April 8th 08 07:36 AM
I love Usenet almost as much as I love bicycles. Zoot Katz Techniques 6 April 6th 08 09:35 PM
Love at first sit Nick Kew UK 37 November 3rd 07 06:33 PM
I love Darren Bedford! (But I love Danielle more!) drewation Unicycling 6 January 28th 05 08:58 PM