Justice sure and swift to evil cyclist

Old April 19th 21, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Justice sure and swift to evil cyclist

On 4/18/2021 8:30 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/18/2021 6:13 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/18/2021 6:04 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/18/2021 10:24 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/17/2021 7:41 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 9:17:51 AM UTC-5,
wrote:
On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 6:19:35 AM UTC-7, AMuzi
wrote:
https://nypost.com/2021/04/16/video-...-in-the-bronx/

Notice how all of the New Yorkers stand around because
murder is an every say even now?

Sadly, very sadly, in the USA, Land of the Free(to
murder), mass murders seem to be an every week if not
everyday occurrence.
https://www.nytimes.com/article/mass...ings-2021.html
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/ma...nth/index.html

Those must be fake news! There are millions upon millions of
freedom loving Americans with guns! They have permits to
carry them almost anywhere, or they live in states where
they don't even need permits. There are good guys with guns
everywhere; so none of those shootings can possibly have
happened.

As has been noted here previously, there are more firearms
than humans in the US of A.Ă‚Â* Virtually all of those spent
yesterday, as every typical day, oiled and cased.Ă‚Â* The
bulk of firearm crime is very much concentrated in cities
where legal ownership is most restricted. Firearms used in
crime are mostly stolen, not purchased (despite the last
four Chicago mayors bitching about Indiana and Wisconsin
firearms stores selling to gangsters, evidence remains
elusive).

Mass murder of any sort ( bombings, shootings, rental
truck etc) are extremely rare, more rare than firearm
homicide, which is rare enough in the greater bulk of the
nation.

Ideal? No.Ă‚Â* Our largest, most immediate problem? No again.

Two relevant questions:

1) What _is_ our largest, most immediate problem?

2) Is there some statute that says we must work _only_ on
one problem?

Regarding, #2, that's not the way the world works, in part
because problems are often interconnected - for example:

High gun crime rates tend to drive responsible citizens out
of neighborhoods and cities. Housing prices then fall. Less
responsible people move in and housing conditions further
deteriorate. Kids living there then lack responsible
neighbors to emulate. They devalue work and education. They
then don't qualify for decent jobs, and most decent jobs
have fled along with the responsible citizens. They turn to
crime, often with guns. It's a downward spiral.

Another example: My former beat cop friend never worried
about being shot on the job. He arrested people by physical
force when necessary, and frog-marched them to the station.
But now a cop has to assume that any thug may be carrying a
gun. As a result, cops are far more nervous than in the past
and more likely to use their own guns, either justifiably or
accidentally. In either case, protests arise either
justifiably or unjustifiably, tensions rise, cops' jobs
become even harder and conditions further deteriorate.

The NRA's solution? More guns, of course! But that's
absolute hypocritical idiocy.

Where firearms laws of long non-controversial standing are
actually enforced, crime of all sorts, not just firearm
crime, drops measurably (See NYC late 1990s for example).

Fine. I believe that would also be true of proper firearm
laws that were newly enacted and actually enforced. Most
prosperous countries have found ways to do that. The U.S.
should be able to do that as well. Or are we that much
dumber than most of the civilized world?

Your 4th paragraph ("High gun crime...") is nicely written and I agree
wholeheartedly.

It should not be controversial to enforce long-established proscriptions
for felon in possession, mandatory minimum for firearm used in a crime
(armed robbery etc) and yet despite clear and compelling evidence of the
rapid positive effect on quality of life in America's worst
neighborhoods, these efforts are now decried as unfair. Unfair to whom?
Not single women, small business owners not for people shot randomly by
errant rounds:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...park-road-rage

These are not hunters, not target enthusiasts, not GOA or NRA members.
Really your invective doesn't help your argument when you conflate about
half of USAians with a vicious minority of violent criminals.Â* We have
common ground here.

But I don't believe I'm conflating "half of Americans" with those
criminals.

First, many times I've come out strongly in favor of hunting and guns
used for that purpose. (With tiny changes in my life circumstances I'm
sure I would have been one.) That fact alone separates a great many gun
owners from those punks, and probably the majority in states like
Wyoming and Vermont that John brings up.

Second, the very first measure I'd call for would be universal
background checks. No, it would not solve all gun problems immediately;
but the vast majority of even NRA members support much stronger
background checks, so they're with me on that. It's mostly the scammers
at the top of that organization that disagree, and those members dumb
enough to buy the scam.

Admittedly, I do have a problem with gun fetishists. There is a large
cadre of them who, perhaps under sodium pentothol, would have to admit
that they like military-style rapid shooters because shooting one makes
them feel manly. To me that's no better than one of Jay's Eastern Oregon
pickup drivers rolling coal passing a bicyclist to feel manly.

If you need a gun to feel manly, you don't qualify.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 20th 21, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:
https://nypost.com/2021/04/16/video-...-in-the-bronx/

Notice how all of the New Yorkers stand around because
murder is an every say even now?

Sadly, very sadly, in the USA, Land of the Free(to
murder), mass murders seem to be an every week if not
everyday occurrence.
https://www.nytimes.com/article/mass...ings-2021.html
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/ma...nth/index.html

Those must be fake news! There are millions upon millions of
freedom loving Americans with guns! They have permits to
carry them almost anywhere, or they live in states where
they don't even need permits. There are good guys with guns
everywhere; so none of those shootings can possibly have
happened.

As has been noted here previously, there are more firearms
than humans in the US of A. Virtually all of those spent
yesterday, as every typical day, oiled and cased. The
bulk of firearm crime is very much concentrated in cities
where legal ownership is most restricted. Firearms used in
crime are mostly stolen, not purchased (despite the last
four Chicago mayors bitching about Indiana and Wisconsin
firearms stores selling to gangsters, evidence remains
elusive).

Mass murder of any sort ( bombings, shootings, rental
truck etc) are extremely rare, more rare than firearm
homicide, which is rare enough in the greater bulk of the
nation.

Ideal? No. Our largest, most immediate problem? No again.

[...]

half of USAians with a vicious minority of violent criminals. We have
[...]

Frank, as usual you have your head up your ass. The wild west was wild because there was NO WORK. People didn't have any other way to improve their lot in life but robbing and stealing and it required very strong law enforcement to hold that somewhat in check. But what really happened is that people moved into the cities where they could get work and improve their lives. Guns violence isn't a sign of guns, but a failure of the system to give normal people a choice. I really wish you would wake up and stop this bull**** about guns being for hunting. That is not anything like what the 2nd Amendment says but you're perfectly willing to ignore that.

Where do you live in Tommy? "The wild west was wild because there was
NO WORK".

The town of Tombstone where the famous gun fight took place in October
1881.:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tombst...th_and_decline
By mid-1881 there were fancy restaurants, Vogan's Bowling Alley,[34]
four churches—Catholic, Episcopal, Presbyterian, and Methodist[14]—an
ice house, a school, the Schieffelin Hall opera house, two banks,
three newspapers, and an ice cream parlor, alongside 110 saloons, 14
gambling halls,[35][36] several Chinese restaurants, French, two
Italian, numerous Mexican, several upscale "Continental"
establishments, and many "home cooking" hot spots including Nellie
Cashman's famous Rush House and numerous brothels all situated among
and on top of a number of dirty, hardscrabble mines.[37] The Arizona
Telephone Company began installing poles and lines for the city's
first telephone service on March 15, 1881.[38]
Tombstone had a population of over 15000 people by mid-1880s and there
were more then 10 producing silver mines in the area.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old April 20th 21, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:
https://nypost.com/2021/04/16/video-...-in-the-bronx/

Notice how all of the New Yorkers stand around because
murder is an every say even now?

Sadly, very sadly, in the USA, Land of the Free(to
murder), mass murders seem to be an every week if not
everyday occurrence.
https://www.nytimes.com/article/mass...ings-2021.html
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/ma...nth/index.html

Those must be fake news! There are millions upon millions of
freedom loving Americans with guns! They have permits to
carry them almost anywhere, or they live in states where
they don't even need permits. There are good guys with guns
everywhere; so none of those shootings can possibly have
happened.

As has been noted here previously, there are more firearms
than humans in the US of A.Ă‚ Virtually all of those spent
yesterday, as every typical day, oiled and cased.Ă‚ The
bulk of firearm crime is very much concentrated in cities
where legal ownership is most restricted. Firearms used in
crime are mostly stolen, not purchased (despite the last
four Chicago mayors bitching about Indiana and Wisconsin
firearms stores selling to gangsters, evidence remains
elusive).

Mass murder of any sort ( bombings, shootings, rental
truck etc) are extremely rare, more rare than firearm
homicide, which is rare enough in the greater bulk of the
nation.

Ideal? No.Ă‚ Our largest, most immediate problem? No again.

[...]

So the only town of any size had some work. But there was absolutely nothing around it and still isn't but you have all the answers because you have Google don't you? Of course, the article about Fauci being paid $9 Million plus the fact that he additionally makes $3.5 million a year as head of the CDC seems to have disappeared from Google so you can claim anything you like as long as it is far left, right?
Old April 20th 21, 09:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Moe Norail

On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 6:19:35 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2021/04/16/video-...-in-the-bronx/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Not possible to know for sure, but... sure seems like.... some chicks will do anything for attention
Why couldn't she have made it known she wasnt interested/available sooner, I cannot imagine
Seems like she is the real culprit to me. She wasnt born yesterday.
Old April 20th 21, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 1:09:16 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 6:19:35 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2021/04/16/video-...-in-the-bronx/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Not possible to know for sure, but... sure seems like.... some chicks will do anything for attention
Why couldn't she have made it known she wasnt interested/available sooner, I cannot imagine
Seems like she is the real culprit to me. She wasnt born yesterday.

The mark of masculinity is to attempt to murder the male part instead of the female cooperator. I could not have watched a man attempt to murder another via vehicular assault and then failing that then try to beat him to death without taking very painful action. I'm not above breaking a man's liver in such a situation.
Old April 20th 21, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 4/20/2021 3:09 PM, Moe Norail wrote:
On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 6:19:35 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2021/04/16/video-...-in-the-bronx/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Not possible to know for sure, but... sure seems like.... some chicks will do anything for attention
Why couldn't she have made it known she wasnt interested/available sooner, I cannot imagine
Seems like she is the real culprit to me. She wasnt born yesterday.

Uh, yeah, we all thought that but decided it wasn't worth
speaking ill of the dead.

Old April 21st 21, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

What has Dr. Fauci got to do with your statement "The wild west was
wild because there was NO WORK"?

The facts are that in 1800's people were flocking to the west.
Example:

1800 - 10% of all Americans resided west of the Appalachian Mountains,
primarily in Tennessee, Kentucky, and the area of West Virginia

1824 - 30% of all Americans resided in the region between the
Appalachians and the Mississippi River, with increased movement
further west into unsettled territories.

The population of Texas was 212,592 in 1850 and 10 years later had
grown to 604,215 - some 284% higher and by 1870 reached 818,579 a
growth of 385%.

Do you really believe that all those people were going West to get out
of work?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old April 23rd 21, 09:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 1:33:52 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/20/2021 3:09 PM, Moe Norail wrote:
On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 6:19:35 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2021/04/16/video-...-in-the-bronx/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Not possible to know for sure, but... sure seems like.... some chicks will do anything for attention
Why couldn't she have made it known she wasnt interested/available sooner, I cannot imagine
Seems like she is the real culprit to me. She wasnt born yesterday.

Uh, yeah, we all thought that but decided it wasn't worth
speaking ill of the dead.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

oops sbt
Well what about Greta the climate change twit?
Can we rag on her?
Old April 23rd 21, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 1:28:19 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
[...]

AFAICT She's nobbut a sophisticated enfant terrible