Whinging Brits

Old April 3rd 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Whinging Brits

On cyclingforums.com there is a link to the Bike Cafe. It has a link to
three Google groups on it along with its own forum. When you log onto
cycling forums you see the last post in any of the four forums -
cycling forums one, the Aussie one, the predominantly American one and
the UK one.

You know when the last post it is showing has originated from the UK
forum because it is basically a whinge implying the world has gone mad.
I think its a reflection of our country's arrogant, seedy, obsessive
media which is always very negative and makes out that everything is
scandalous.

Anyway. This cycling is giving me RSI in my middle finger because of
all these bloody motorists. And those SUVs, dont get me started.
Kids? Well they need to bring back coporal punishment to teach the
little louts a lesson? Anyone care to march against that war monger
Tony Blair? Get the troops out. Its scandalous. Its all lies.
Country's going to the dogs with all these illegal immigrants that are
flooding the streets.

--
MichaelB

Old April 3rd 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"MichaelB" wrote in message

[...]

Ah yes, and the days before cyclingforums and google groups... when
uk.rec.cycling, which has been around a lot longer than cyclingforums or
Long live Usenet!

Cheers, helen s :-Þ

Old April 3rd 06, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

in message , MichaelB
') wrote:

On cyclingforums.com there is a link to the Bike Cafe. It has a link
to three Google groups on it along with its own forum.

No, it doesn't have any links to any Google groups. Do keep up at the
back. Or if you're too thick to understand the technology, leave it
alone.

;; killing [afghan|iraqi] civilians is not 'justice'

Old April 4th 06, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

You know when the last post it is showing has originated from the UK
forum because it is basically a whinge implying the world has gone mad.
I think its a reflection of our country's arrogant, seedy, obsessive
media which is always very negative and makes out that everything is
scandalous.

That's a very negative view. Stop whingeing.

Old April 4th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article , POHB
) wrote:
You know when the last post it is showing has originated from the UK
forum because it is basically a whinge implying the world has gone mad.
I think its a reflection of our country's arrogant, seedy, obsessive
media which is always very negative and makes out that everything is
scandalous.

That's a very negative view. Stop whingeing.

whinge

But indicative of the general level of Clue we have come to expect from
the denizens of cyclingforums.com. They probably think digital watches
are a pretty neat idea too.

/whinge

A complimentary biro(tm) is /not/ to be sniffed at.
Old April 4th 06, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Dave Larrington said the following on 04/04/2006 10:53:

They probably think digital watches
are a pretty neat idea too.

A what watch? :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old April 4th 06, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Paul Boyd wrote:
Dave Larrington said the following on 04/04/2006 10:53:

They probably think digital watches are a pretty neat idea too.

A what watch? :-)

A digital watch, you know, one with fingers on it instead of hands.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham