Stranger looking for help, please.

Old July 29th 14, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Stranger looking for help, please.

Hello group members, I have just stumbled across your group and I am hoping for some help in sourcing some cycle wear. I am looking to get a pair of waterproof over trousers and a pair of waterproof over shoes for my son. He commutes by bike daily in London throughout the year does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find a good choice or any specific recommendations.

Many thanks for any help.

Brian
Old July 29th 14, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Thanks Bill I will post there as well.
Old July 29th 14, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Can you give me any answers Mrcheerful
Old July 30th 14, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:15:14 AM UTC+1, James wrote:
On 30/07/14 04:55, brian wrote:

Hello group members, I have just stumbled across your group and I am

hoping for some help in sourcing some cycle wear. I am looking to get

a pair of waterproof over trousers and a pair of waterproof over

shoes for my son. He commutes by bike daily in London throughout the

year does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find a good

choice or any specific recommendations.

Many thanks for any help.

For a start, does his bicycle have full length mudguards?

Often front mudguards are not quite long enough. Many people add extra

flaps.

What clothing to wear depends on the length of commute and facilities at

the other end, etc.

OK clearly not enough information,so. He works as a community physiotherapist, cycles about 30 minutes into work and home. In addition he will cycle between patients, clinics etc, all in very built up areas which are generally flat but with one steep hill upwards on the way home. He uses a bike he bought for triathlon competitions, not sure about mudguard size etc. On the journey to and from work in the summer he will wear shorts and a tee shirt and I think jeans and a warm top in the winter with trainers on his feet. I assume he wears his physio uniform during the day.

Hope the additional information helps, many thanks.

Brian