A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

GD cable derailleurs!

Old April 14th 21, 07:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default GD cable derailleurs!

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 3:27:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Jay, why the feigned outrage? I got my GED many years ago when I thought I was a drop-out. 8 years ago I attended my high school reunion and discovered that I was pictured in the high school yearbook and one of my classmates told me that they had announced that I wasn't at the graduation because I had joined the Air Force.

FYI. Yearbook pictures are taken in the fall prior to graduation in the spring. The yearbooks are produced sometime late fall, early winter. And available to be sold to the high school kids in Jan-Feb-Mar prior to graduation in May. So it is very possible and likely that kids pictures can and do appear in the yearbook and they do not graduate in the following spring. I highly doubt the people running the creation and picture taking for the yearbook are apprised of the student's grades throughout their senior year. There is NOT a checklist of 1. Did kid receive good enough grades and credits to graduate and receive a degree? 2. OK. Kid's picture is allowed into yearbook. 3. If NOT OK, then kid's picture is removed and expunged from the entire history of the high school. 4. So it is written, so it shall be done!
Ads
Old April 14th 21, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]
external usenet poster

On 4/14/2021 2:35 PM, wrote:
Jay, why the feigned outrage? I got my GED many years ago when I thought I was a drop-out. 8 years ago I attended my high school reunion and discovered that I was pictured in the high school yearbook and one of my classmates told me that they had announced that I wasn't at the graduation because I had joined the Air Force.

FYI. Yearbook pictures are taken in the fall prior to graduation in the spring. The yearbooks are produced sometime late fall, early winter. And available to be sold to the high school kids in Jan-Feb-Mar prior to graduation in May. So it is very possible and likely that kids pictures can and do appear in the yearbook and they do not graduate in the following spring. I highly doubt the people running the creation and picture taking for the yearbook are apprised of the student's grades throughout their senior year. There is NOT a checklist of 1. Did kid receive good enough grades and credits to graduate and receive a degree? 2. OK. Kid's picture is allowed into yearbook. 3. If NOT OK, then kid's picture is removed and expunged from the entire history of the high school. 4. So it is written, so it shall be done!

And graduating high school is a very important and unforgettable
milestone for a kid.

Plus it's a simple binary situation. A person either graduated or he did
not. If he did, the GED people would have told him "You don't need a
GED, you graduated."

Based on everything he says, Tom did not graduate high school.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 14th 21, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS
external usenet poster

On 4/14/2021 10:57 AM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

I'm working with California lawyers in environmental cases billing over $1,200 an hour. Their incomes are staggering, and these are not the M&A or entertainment law guys -- and they aren't the contingent fee guys. I was involved in one monumental case where the fee award to one firm was in the billions of dollars, and god bless them, they hired Axel Merckx and started a bicycling team. https://www.hbsslaw.com/about/cycling One morning during that case, I was outside a courtroom, waiting for the clerk to open the door, and Steve Berman was talking to his guys about buying a Gulfstream V. I was looking to buy a new Subaru.

For every corporate lawyer, or even for every government lawyer, making
$250K+ per year, and that went to a top law school, there are probably
dozens of lawyers that went to second or third tier law schools that are
eking out a living doing real estate, wills, trusts, trademarks,
divorces, etc., and making well under $100K. New graduates from these
law schools are lucky if they can get a job at even a personal-injury
law firm.

I've interviewed a lot of lawyers for special projects in government.
$1200 doesn't seem out of line though the highest I ever encountered was
$800 per hour.

Maybe you should start with a Honda HA-420 which is only around $5
million, then move up to a Gulfstream later.

Old April 14th 21, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 07:55:16 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:19:04 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
Gee Tommy, I just looked up the facts and it turns out that the
*average* income for a lawyer, in California is in the $100,000 -
$110,000 range
https://www.indeed.com/career/attorney/salaries/CA
https://www.salary.com/research/sala...er-i-salary/ca
I wasn't aware that $100,000 a year wasn't enough to live on in the
U.S..

Then you might want to explain to people why the average salary of an experienced EE is 50% higher than that or why I was making a quarter of a million bucks a year? Is that because lawyers were so valuable. My brother-in-law was a GOOD lawyer and would beat any of these asses hands down. He could quote the law to the judges when necessary. That was the only thing that asshole could do right.

Tommy boy, you are getting worse and worse. Have you stopped taking
your medicine? Of course you were making $250,000 a year? Just like
your brother quotes law to Judges?

And of course there are all those Chinese in those force labor camps
and bottom brackets are just so complicated to install and, and, and.

But tell us the truth for once. Is it that your delusions that are
growing wilder in your old age or have you made a New Year's
resolution to tell more lies this year?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old April 15th 21, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 10:57:08 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 7:55:18 AM UTC-7, wrote:
$110,000 range
U.S..

Then you might want to explain to people why the average salary of an experienced EE is 50% higher than that or why I was making a quarter of a million bucks a year? Is that because lawyers were so valuable. My brother-in-law was a GOOD lawyer and would beat any of these asses hands down. He could quote the law to the judges when necessary. That was the only thing that asshole could do right.

I'm surprised by the $100K average -- which probably includes non-profit and basically pro bono lawyers.

I'm working with California lawyers in environmental cases billing over $1,200 an hour. Their incomes are staggering, and these are not the M&A or entertainment law guys -- and they aren't the contingent fee guys. I was involved in one monumental case where the fee award to one firm was in the billions of dollars, and god bless them, they hired Axel Merckx and started a bicycling team. https://www.hbsslaw.com/about/cycling One morning during that case, I was outside a courtroom, waiting for the clerk to open the door, and Steve Berman was talking to his guys about buying a Gulfstream V. I was looking to buy a new Subaru.

Jay, there are an awful lot of lawyers and not nearly enough work to go around and a whole lot less what with the Democrats planning on taking away people's rights to sue for damages
Old April 15th 21, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 12:55:22 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

milestone for a kid.

GED, you graduated."

Frank, why do you have to show you're a mindless idiot every day of the week? The GED is JUST a test. Do you understand that? I doubt that since you wrote that stupidity in the first place.
Old April 15th 21, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 3:52:56 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
wrote:

$110,000 range
U.S..

You're just drooling with jealousy. There is no way you could ever make 10% of that so you simply deny that it is posslble.
Old April 15th 21, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]
external usenet poster

On 4/14/2021 8:05 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 12:55:22 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

milestone for a kid.

GED, you graduated."

Frank, why do you have to show you're a mindless idiot every day of the week? The GED is JUST a test. Do you understand that? I doubt that since you wrote that stupidity in the first place.

From https://www.collegetransfer.net/AskCT/What-is-a-GED :

"What is the GED?"

"Short Answer: The GED, General Educational Diploma, is for those
without a High School Diploma. Study and take a battery of tests to
certify your aptitude, knowledge and skills. It is designed for those
that never finished high school. ... Only those who have not earned a
high school diploma may take the GED tests."

Tom, you don't even understand what low level certification you've gotten.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 15th 21, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 17:07:29 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 3:52:56 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
wrote:

$110,000 range
U.S..

You're just drooling with jealousy. There is no way you could ever make 10% of that so you simply deny that it is posslble.

Drooling with jealousy? Well, perhaps... but I'm the guy with the two
homes and I haven't worked in nearly 20 years and we are getting along
nicely on the income from our investments.

And you are still living in your mother's home, whine about the cost
of groceries and fiddle around with second hand crap from e-bay.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old April 15th 21, 05:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 7:00:01 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Jay, there are an awful lot of lawyers and not nearly enough work to go around and a whole lot less what with the Democrats planning on taking away people's rights to sue for damages

Tom, do you intentionally state the exact opposite of the truth for fun? REPUBLICANS are the ones limiting lawsuits.
Its somewhat ironic that Republicans are so against lawsuits. Yet they were the first hogs at the trough when Texas filed a lawsuit against Pennsylvania I think challenging their electoral votes and all the other Republican lead states joined with Texas on this lawsuit. I guess lawsuits and courts are only evil and bad when they rule against you. If they are for you, they are good. Partisan.

https://www.vox.com/2020/7/29/213452...oss-negligence
The GOP’s radical plan to shield business from Covid-19 lawsuits, explained
Senate Republicans want to give sweeping lawsuit immunity to businesses accused of helping spread the coronavirus.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...id-19-lawsuits
GOP Lawmakers Send Governor Bill to Limit COVID-19 Lawsuits
A Republican-backed proposal to make it harder to sue schools, health care providers and others over COVID-19 claims has been approved by the Pennsylvania Legislature.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...-institutions/
Texas Senate OKs sweeping protections against COVID-19 lawsuits for businesses, health care providers

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/po...4-7d6e51061f83
The GOP-led Senate voted 20-13 in favor of the bill, which now goes to the Republican-led state House

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-...ty-shield-bill
Employers Get Major Protections in GOP Liability Shield Bill

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/pol...irus-liability
Iowa Republicans push bill to limit coronavirus liability