A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

GD cable derailleurs!

Old April 12th 21, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default GD cable derailleurs!

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 5:22:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Instead like an English teacher you've chosen to pick my resume apart for its spelling errors and not the thousands of human lives I've saved.

This is how the world works. Imagine an engineer who is designing the rockets for the Apollo missions to the moon submits a resume with the heading "Michanicle Ingeeneer of Roockets". He may be the greatest mechanical and/or rocket engineer in the world, but if he can't even master the basics of spelling, you doubt he can master the more complex things. Did Einstein put on his resume "Fisics Ticher"? Or "Paytent Clirk"? There is some kind of saying that goes you got to learn to walk before you can run. You got to learn basic spelling before we believe you are a master engineer.
Ads
Old April 12th 21, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 5:28:58 PM UTC-5, News 2021 wrote:
You are the one that decided to insert yourself into this discussion
after that moron Frank chose to tell everyone I was lying about hitting
a tree branch because he could find street pictures of that area only 5
years old. So don't pretend that you have ever had any effect on the
world around you because I've spent my life doing just that whether it
was volunteering for the Air Force

volunteered? Didn't yo say you were drafted?

I am going to have to defend Tom on this one. Draft was only for the Army. Everyone who joined the Air Force, Marines, Navy were volunteers. I suspect some, many of them volunteered for the other services to avoid the worse fate of the Army. My Uncle volunteered for the Navy in the early 1970s to avoid being drafted by the Army. He did not have bone spurs or money for college. But the Navy trained him as a nurse and he received a paid for college degree afterwards.
Old April 12th 21, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 3:14:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:

When I was young and stupid, I fell for the vitamin C scam. Every
time I felt like I might be catching a cold, I would take vitamin C in
the amount and manner prescribed by Pauling in one of his book. Oddly,
it worked for me fairly well at preventing or delaying a cold. I was
rather surprised when the Mayo Clinic ran trials and declared it
ineffective. Of course, they were testing it as a cure for cancer,
not a cold. Your mileage might vary.

I remember back in the 1970s (vaguely since I was so young) that Vitamin C was the wonder drug/vitamin. Good for everything. But its promotion faded over the following 40 years. And now we have Keto diets, and fat protein no carb diets, and Nugenix and various testosterone pills promoted on TV by old athletes so they can have nonstop sex with their young good looking fourth wife. And the no genetically modified food stuff and Whole Foods natural everything. World keeps getting better and better.
Old April 12th 21, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 9:28:06 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Jay has lost most of his income to those "mostly peaceful demonstrations" and like everyone else with good sense is ready to flee the burning building.

I doubt the legal system was affected much by the Covid-19 epidemic and was likely enhanced by the various protests. Although I don't think Jay is a public defender lawyer or is a criminal lawyer. I think he is a lawsuit type lawyer. And being a lawyer I am sure he can do his job almost anywhere, such as at home. He only needs to attend the court house.
Old April 12th 21, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 1:23:02 PM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 4/12/2021 11:16 AM, wrote:

snip
But you are not an engineer. I'm guessing to be an official engineer, you have to have a college degree in one of the engineering fields. Like Jay has an official Juris Doctorate degree so he can officially call himself a lawyer. A good analogy would be Bill Gates. 4th richest person on earth. But he does not have a college degree. He probably has a bunch of honorary degrees but those don't count. Bill cannot say he is a college graduate. Because he is not. Now obviously that probably means zip to him. You are not an engineer but Frank is. Despite all the engineering accomplishments you have achieved in your life.

True, Tom is not an engineer. But it is true that there are individuals
that can perform engineering related tasks that lack a degree or
Professional Engineer license and they refer to themselves as engineers.

Using Jay as an example. I am sure I have read somewhere that it is officially illegal to call yourself a lawyer, IF you do not have an official law degree. Guessing there is something similar with MD doctors. And PhD doctors too. You cannot call yourself a doctor if you don't have the letters behind your name. I'm familiar with the CPA, Certified Public Accountant. You have to pass the CPA test and take continuing education classes to officially call yourself a CPA. CPA is associated with accounting. Anyone can do accounting work and call him/herself an accountant. No requirements at all. You probably don't even have to know about balance sheets, income statements, statement of cash flows, revenue, expense, journal entries, etc. It helps though. You can call yourself an accountant if you want. But you cannot call yourself a CPA.
Old April 12th 21, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]
external usenet poster

wrote:

snip
But you are not an engineer. I'm guessing to be an official engineer,
you have to have a college degree in one of the engineering fields.
Like Jay has an official Juris Doctorate degree so he can officially
call himself a lawyer. A good analogy would be Bill Gates. 4th richest
person on earth. But he does not have a college degree. He probably has
a bunch of honorary degrees but those don't count. Bill cannot say he
is a college graduate. Because he is not. Now obviously that probably
means zip to him. You are not an engineer but Frank is. Despite all the
engineering accomplishments you have achieved in your life.

Using Jay as an example. I am sure I have read somewhere that it is
officially illegal to call yourself a lawyer, IF you do not have an
official law degree. Guessing there is something similar with MD
doctors. And PhD doctors too. You cannot call yourself a doctor if you
don't have the letters behind your name. I'm familiar with the CPA,
Certified Public Accountant. You have to pass the CPA test and take
continuing education classes to officially call yourself a CPA. CPA is
associated with accounting. Anyone can do accounting work and call
him/herself an accountant. No requirements at all. You probably don't
even have to know about balance sheets, income statements, statement of
cash flows, revenue, expense, journal entries, etc. It helps though.
You can call yourself an accountant if you want. But you cannot call yourself a CPA.

In California (as in many other jurisdictions), Tom could call himself an
engineer, but he can’t call himself a Professional Engineer, as that title
is reserved for those that are trained and licensed accordingly.

https://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/laws/pe_act.pdf

Old April 12th 21, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 11:16:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 2:08:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 11:53:57 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/8/2021 2:22 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

People who pretend to be engineers are tiring.
You're telling us?? ;-)

I have 50 years of accomplishments at the highest levels. Tell us what you have added to the modern technology.

But you are not an engineer. I'm guessing to be an official engineer, you have to have a college degree in one of the engineering fields. Like Jay has an official Juris Doctorate degree so he can officially call himself a lawyer. A good analogy would be Bill Gates. 4th richest person on earth. But he does not have a college degree. He probably has a bunch of honorary degrees but those don't count. Bill cannot say he is a college graduate. Because he is not. Now obviously that probably means zip to him. You are not an engineer but Frank is. Despite all the engineering accomplishments you have achieved in your life.

Sorry, but to be an engineer you need only to be hired by a company into an engineering position. Exactly where did you get the idea that you could invent definitions off your cuff?
Old April 12th 21, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 11:23:02 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:

snip

Do you have to show your ignorance? https://www.nspe.org/resources/licensure/what-pe
Old April 12th 21, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 11:48:36 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 5:28:58 PM UTC-5, News 2021 wrote:
You are the one that decided to insert yourself into this discussion
after that moron Frank chose to tell everyone I was lying about hitting
a tree branch because he could find street pictures of that area only 5
years old. So don't pretend that you have ever had any effect on the
world around you because I've spent my life doing just that whether it
was volunteering for the Air Force

volunteered? Didn't yo say you were drafted?

I am going to have to defend Tom on this one. Draft was only for the Army.. Everyone who joined the Air Force, Marines, Navy were volunteers. I suspect some, many of them volunteered for the other services to avoid the worse fate of the Army. My Uncle volunteered for the Navy in the early 1970s to avoid being drafted by the Army. He did not have bone spurs or money for college. But the Navy trained him as a nurse and he received a paid for college degree afterwards.

I know you love to use that "bone spurs" bull**** that Trump used to stay on the good side of Hollywood but you couldn't have a medical release from the draft without being first drafted and such a release would NOT come from a private doctor but a military doctor. Plainly you are unaware that since Trump went to a military academy and had a four year degree, he could NOT have been drafted but would have been commissioned into a service chronically short of officers. Would you mind telling me where you get all of this mythology that is used by the left simply because they don't care WHAT they say?
Old April 12th 21, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 12:46:41 PM UTC-7, wrote:

snip

Professional Engineer license and they refer to themselves as engineers..

Using Jay as an example. I am sure I have read somewhere that it is officially illegal to call yourself a lawyer, IF you do not have an official law degree. Guessing there is something similar with MD doctors. And PhD doctors too. You cannot call yourself a doctor if you don't have the letters behind your name. I'm familiar with the CPA, Certified Public Accountant. You have to pass the CPA test and take continuing education classes to officially call yourself a CPA. CPA is associated with accounting. Anyone can do accounting work and call him/herself an accountant. No requirements at all. You probably don't even have to know about balance sheets, income statements, statement of cash flows, revenue, expense, journal entries, etc. It helps though. You can call yourself an accountant if you want. But you cannot call yourself a CPA.

You get funnier by the second. You do NOT need a law degree to practice law.. You need a law license and anyone that wants to study and pass the exam can practice law. The same with a CPA - you have to pass an examination and plenty of CPA's do not have a degree and many that work for very large companies.