Guide: Tour de France 2004 LIVE on the Internet

Old July 4th 04, 03:56 PM
Steve

Default Guide: Tour de France 2004 LIVE on the Internet

Here is a quick guide on how to watch the TdF online, LIVE.

Basically, Denmark's' TV2 provides a live stream for 99.00 DKK (that's
Danish currency and its $16.5 US Dollars). I paid and I am happy!!

Start he

http://login.tv2.dk/ and register with these guys. (I know its in
Danish, so what? I don't speak a fricking word and I managed, you
should too!). Give a correct e-mail address as they will send you an
activation link.

After you logged in, go to the LIVE TdF area which is located on a
yellow bar at the top of the page.

Next step- click on "Live Stream" and a pop-up window should launch.
You then need to pay, and also acquire some kinda "Microsoft Digital
Rights Software". I also had to restart IE for the whole thing to
work. Believe me, all the hassle is worth it - the picture is crystal
clear!!

Final tip: if you want commentary in English, mute the Danish guys and
open a new Windows Media Player session with the OLN commentators from
the US.
They are located he
http://www.olntv.com/tdf04/listenlive.html

Hope this helps, enjoy!!!

Dan G. (from Tel-Aviv, Israel)
Old July 7th 04, 03:39 PM
Call me Bob

On 4 Jul 2004 07:56:07 -0700, (Steve) wrote:

Here is a quick guide on how to watch the TdF online, LIVE.

Basically, Denmark's' TV2 provides a live stream for 99.00 DKK (that's
Danish currency and its $16.5 US Dollars). I paid and I am happy!!

Start he

http://login.tv2.dk/ and register with these guys. (I know its in
Danish, so what? I don't speak a fricking word and I managed, you
should too!). Give a correct e-mail address as they will send you an
activation link.

Just wanted to say thanks for this info, and confirm to anyone else
interested that it works a treat. I'm really chuffed!

It's pretty easy to set up, just register with the TV2 lot at the link
given above and then you can find the TV2 Tour coverage page at

http://tour.tv2.dk/live/

Just hit the "Start Live Stream" link which is towards the bottom of
the page.

The picture quality is great, not up to broadcast telly standards of
course but good none the less.

As reported by the OP, the commentary is in danish but you can just
turn down the volume and use a different web audio feed. I found the
one that the OP mentioned doesn't work so well, I get lots silence and
it's also quite a long way behind the live tv action. However, the
free audio feed available from the Eurosport website is great, Mike
Smith and Sean Kelly commentary. The Eurosport audio is about 5
seconds in front of the telly feed but it's a Real Player stream,
which means that you can simply hit the pause button for a few seconds
and so sync them up yourself.

Then sit back and enjoy... hours of daily Tour de France coverage
streamed live via the web. Lovely jubbly.

This is the TV schedule for the broadcasts:

http://tour.tv2.dk/sendeplan/index.html

Remember that the times given are for Denmark, an hour ahead of us.

As Steve mentioned, it costs 99 Danish Kroner, which on my Visa card
looks to have cost me about 11 pounds. A bargain to watch all the
Tour.

Thanks again to Steve for this info. If any one wants help with
registering at the Danish site, I'll gladly help or post a
walk-through here, whatever.

I'm watching the team time trial now! Woohoo!
--

"Bob"

'The people have spoken, the *******s'

Email address is spam trapped.
To reply directly remove the beverage.
Old July 8th 04, 12:28 PM
peter

Call me Bob wrote in message . ..

free audio feed available from the Eurosport website is great

Can anyone give me a direct link for the audio feed from the Eurosport
website please. I can't get the page up here, but I should be able to
paste the link to the audio straight into RealPlayer.
Thanks
Old July 8th 04, 01:45 PM
Jeremy Collins

peter wrote:

Can anyone give me a direct link for the audio feed from the Eurosport
website please. I can't get the page up here, but I should be able to
paste the link to the audio straight into RealPlayer.

It's a Windows Media feed, so I don't know if RealPlayer
will work, but here's the stream:

mms://adv.mirrorimage.net/event/mimg/evt20040702/audio

Hit Ctrl+U in Media Player and paste in the link.

--
jc

Remove the -not from email
Old July 8th 04, 01:48 PM
Jeremy Collins

Jeremy Collins wrote:

peter wrote:

Can anyone give me a direct link for the audio feed from the Eurosport
website please. I can't get the page up here, but I should be able to
paste the link to the audio straight into RealPlayer.

It's a Windows Media feed, so I don't know if RealPlayer
will work, but here's the stream:

mms://adv.mirrorimage.net/event/mimg/evt20040702/audio

Hit Ctrl+U in Media Player and paste in the link.

D'Oh, sorry, that's the not EuroSport feed, I was still surfing
a link from the thread above. Here's the ES RealMedia feed (I
think):

rtsp://eurolive1.tf1.coltfrance.com/eurosport/tdf_com.smi

--
jc

Remove the -not from email
Old July 8th 04, 01:54 PM
Call me Bob

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:48:48 GMT, Jeremy Collins
wrote:

Can anyone give me a direct link for the audio feed from the Eurosport
website please. I can't get the page up here, but I should be able to
paste the link to the audio straight into RealPlayer.

D'Oh, sorry, that's the not EuroSport feed, I was still surfing
a link from the thread above. Here's the ES RealMedia feed (I
think):

rtsp://eurolive1.tf1.coltfrance.com/eurosport/tdf_com.smi

That link doesn't give me the audio feed, i get a repeating T D F
graphic and jingle, even when the proper commentary feed is running on
the main page.

Try this:

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/page..._Ven5405.shtml

That's a web page with the Real Player feed embedded in it, so I'm not
sure if that will work for you given that you can't load the Eurosport
main page. That link is opened with a javascript pop up on the main ES
page, and I don't know how to find plain url to the audio, sorry.

Anyway, it works for me when pasted directly into Real Player so maybe
you can get it running?

Old July 8th 04, 02:07 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Try this:

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/page...media_Lng2_Rub

31_Spo18_Ven5405.shtml

Thanks for that link. I now have it playing whilst working. I have a very
accommodating boss who allows me to have it playing whilst at work - me :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old July 8th 04, 03:36 PM
Jeremy Collins

Call me Bob wrote:

Ah ha! Scratch my last reply, I found the direct link:

rtsp://realserver.tf1.ext.imaginet.fr/eurosport/live/cycling/tdf2004/tdf_com.smi

That takes Real Player directly to the audio feed, no web page or
surrounding ad's.

Ah, nice one. I did the same, but I must have copied the
link from the source in the "off-time".

--
jc

Remove the -not from email