!The collective IdIoTS guide to unispins!

Old December 6th 06, 09:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

Default !The collective IdIoTS guide to unispins!

only one foot will have the pedal coming towards it in any direction.
its not like their both coming towards you when spinning counter
clockwise. really its irrerrevant. find whagt works for you and
unispinning is inevidable....in..in...inevidable. btw im not weird.
team america reference...

--
gabetheunicycleman

unicycleman does not stand..... he sits on the air --unicycleman-
gabetheunicycleman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13054

Old December 6th 06, 09:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

really? have you seen a man eat his own head?

my leg armour (wow that sounds beefy) should be here on monday meaning
i shall be able to overcome my fear and land a 180 and maybe even 360
unispin. i can get the spin for both and bring my feet down but i keep
deliberately missing because subconsiously i fear loosing my shin skin.

--
tobbogonist

Siglet

James_Potter wrote:
Hahaha, page BOOB!

tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

Old December 6th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pete66

Zzagg wrote:
Here's THE tip I've missed for a long time for unispins: spinning
direction.
I hop with my left foot forward, so I spin my uni counter-clockwyse so
that my feet can stop the spin when I land on the pedals/cranks.
I used to spin the other way when practicing the 180 unispin and when I
tried the other way, every thing looked much easier

Agreed.

Except for rolling 180s (and rolling 360s) I think it's usually easier
to spin clockwise (from left foot forward) so, then you can easily spin
one handed from seat in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll0z-aq8yKE

--
pete66

*Apparently during dinner the elk had drunk a lot of beer and fell down
the stairs, and died* -Tycho's Elk
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Old December 6th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joe2005

FINE DON'T ANSWER MY QUESTION! : M A D :

--
Joe2005

*Come To The Dark Side* we have cookies.
Anyone in the Wichita area give me a hollar
Joe2005's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13692

Old December 6th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pete66

Joe2005 wrote:
Do you (by you I mean the people who can do this already) recomend
learning with plastic pedals or should i just keep my bulletproof's on?

I learned to unispin with metal pedals, and that's what I ride with.
Haven't tried plastic pedals so couldn't say if it's easier or not. If
I was gonna get plastic pedals I'd get the Twisted Odyssey ones,
they've got the same platform design as the much touted Jim Cs (which I
use).

Old December 6th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joe2005

^^^
don't think it would be easier either with plastic to make the spin.
What i'm wondering is it less of a chance I will hurt myself.

Old December 6th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

I can land my 180 unispins pretty well, but with 360's i can't really
get close. I started by keeping my hands on the seat and doing a 360
mount. Thats easy, but then after watching the pro's do it i realized
they have both hands on one side of the seat and catch it while its
spinning. Its probably that i'm too afraid to do this. but its hard as
hell

--
Chexjc

www.myspace.com/thelostguitarist

habbywall wrote:
Dude, Jason, or chexjc or what ever your called, you are seriously my
magic hero, you must teach me how you do all of that stuff!!
For real though, you are amazing.

Check out my videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JasonCheckla
Chexjc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13511

Old December 6th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pete66

Joe2005 wrote:
What i'm wondering is it less of a chance I will hurt myself.

Plastic or metal, there's the potential to hit yourself in the shins
pretty hard if you're not wearing shin protection. A pedal in the shin
shouldn't count as "hurting yourself", hurting yourself is when you
physically can't ride for the next few days. So to answer your
question, there's almost zero chance that you'll hurt yourself!

Old December 7th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

does anyone have any tips for rolling 180s? i can do 1 handed 180s and
when i try them rolling i end up doing half a hickflip and not landing

ps. frame by frame analysys is coming.............

Old December 7th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
stuckinwheeliemode

For rolling 180s I go seat in, jump up off the pedals with the uni just
slightly in the air, kick my feet out and spin the uni. Then try to
land on the cranks first with your knees bent.

--
stuckinwheeliemode
stuckinwheeliemode's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11984

I need the idiots guide to rolling hops. elmer Unicycling 6 January 31st 06 05:29 PM
I need the idiots guide to rolling hops. Erin Unicycling 3 January 31st 06 02:33 AM
More on collective nouns Claude Australia 2 October 14th 05 01:28 PM
Collective noun DeF Australia 19 October 3rd 05 01:29 PM
FS The Collective DVD Scott Gates Marketplace 0 November 3rd 04 03:23 AM