94-110 spider

Old August 23rd 05, 10:15 AM
meb

Default 94-110 spider

I have a Corsa recumbent trike with a cowling-chainguard encircling the
boom. There is a 175/94 square taper crankset, with a long spiderred
bolt assembly passing through the right hole in the cowling. I’d like
to go to try smaller crank arms. I have several crankset arm varieties
in the 110 bcd size. Unfortunately, with 110 bcd, the chainring bolts
would not clear the crank cowling hole. So 94 bcd is the max bcd
pattern available for mating with the assembly that will go through the
hole. I’d like to try a 110-94 spider if such a critter exists
interfacing the crank to the bolt assembly. The spider would outboard
the cowling so if mounted between the crank and bolt assembly, it would
clear. Anyone know of a 110-94 bcd spider source?

I have some mild variety in 130 bcd if 130-94 exists, but I have much
greater variety in 110 bcd.

(There are no issues of concern on the left arm on this trike; the
trike has an internal gear hub drive, so triple/double is not an
issue).

--
meb

unbending a bent spider? Dan Lenski Techniques 7 August 3rd 05 05:50 AM
Bent Crank spider Wasatch5k Techniques 2 June 9th 05 04:05 PM
Deore crank: spider coming loose! Travers Waker Techniques 1 April 6th 04 05:13 PM
Vredestien Spider Tyres Simon Kempster UK 2 August 12th 03 02:27 PM
Blur VS Spider gregg Mountain Biking 8 June 27th 03 02:21 PM