Gary Fisher hybrid

Old August 20th 05, 12:20 PM
Ken M

Default Gary Fisher hybrid

Don't mean to be a spammer but it's still pretty low priced. And it
doesn't need much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Ken

Old August 20th 05, 03:02 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 20 Aug 2005 04:20:51 -0700, "Ken M" wrote:

Don't mean to be a spammer

No, obviously you do. Jackass.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old August 20th 05, 03:14 PM
Ken M

Whatever.

Old August 20th 05, 04:02 PM

Ken,
Don't mean to be a spammer but it's still pretty low priced. And it
doesn't need much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Ken

Just using the information from the ad, I'd say to pass on it. Why pay
over $280 ( $96 (bid) + ~$50 (shipping) + ~$60 (R wheel) + ~$75
(crankset), parts prices may be higher depending on your LBS) when you
can get a new one for only $340.

This, and there is a possibility that the frame was bend when the wheel
tacoed. What would you do then?

If craigslist.org covers your area, use it. Then at least you'd be able
to drive over and see the bike first.

Also, any bike with a 'redline' on the gear indicator is designed as a
toy, not a vehicle. Don't risk your life on a toy.

-James
Old August 20th 05, 04:29 PM
Ken M

Well I didn't say it was a "great" bike, but when I put the link there
it was only at $80 I don't expect this to go much more than $100 but I
personally think 100 plus shipping is okay for this bike. If you shop
around you can get a wheel and chainring set for less than what you
said, get a wheel for around $40 and what ever on the chainring, just
shop online.

Ken

Old August 20th 05, 04:42 PM

Ken M wrote:
and what ever on the chainring

Many cheap bikes have riveted chainrings, so you may need to replace the
whole crankset.

-James
Old August 20th 05, 10:08 PM
Ken M

Yeah it's my bike, yeah I know about marketplace, and I only paid $50
for it so I made a profit, and I thought Gary Fisher was a decent name,
I heard they were "Trek".

Ken

Old August 20th 05, 11:01 PM
Jasper Janssen

On 20 Aug 2005 14:08:57 -0700, "Ken M" wrote:

Yeah it's my bike, yeah I know about marketplace, and I only paid $50
for it so I made a profit, and I thought Gary Fisher was a decent name,
I heard they were "Trek".

It may be a decent name, but it's a crappy bike. Many manufacturers make
bikes from cheap crap (in some of them it's even inexpensive as well) up
to ultralight weight weenie carbon stuff worth thousands.

Jasper
Old August 20th 05, 11:23 PM
Ken M

Well the current model sold as a "Tiburon" only goes for $340 so
obviously it is an entry level bike. So I bought for 50 sold for 96
minus ebay fees I still made a bit of profit.

Ken

Gary Fisher hybrid Ken M General 12 August 22nd 05 10:11 PM
Gary Fisher bikes any good? Ken General 6 June 27th 05 03:51 PM
gary fisher 2004 nirvana or trek 2004 hybrid 7300?? please help... Steve Techniques 2 August 9th 04 01:38 AM
Advice on "Comfort Bikes" (Gary Fisher Capitola vs. Giant Sedona) Dave DesRoches General 21 July 23rd 04 06:42 AM
Gary Fisher Chuck Lysaght Off Road 0 September 8th 03 02:45 AM