How to tell the Difference? C Record, Croce D'Aune, Chorus?

Old March 21st 04, 03:01 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default How to tell the Difference? C Record, Croce D'Aune, Chorus?

david- Are there any websites that have pictures of these different
groups? BRBR

http://www.velo-retro.com

has repros of catalogs...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old March 21st 04, 10:55 PM
David Johnson

19wisconsin64 wrote:

I recently bought a bike that I thought was full C Record (a late
80's Ciocc), but after looking at the Campy-Only website found that
the Delta brakes were really Croce D'Aune. Not to complain, but I'd
really like to learn the subtle difference.

Might depend on the year. I remember one of the mail-order catalogs of the
day claiming that this year's less expensive group had some of the same
parts as last year's more expensive group. Unfortunatly, I don't remember
details. I seem to recall that Croce D'Aune was involved somehow, but that
could have been when it was phased out, some of it's parts became Chorus.