Dead hiker found in Yellowstone, with signs of grizzly activity

Old September 6th 11, 04:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Dead hiker found in Yellowstone, with signs of grizzly activity

"you" wrote in message
In article ,
"Edward Dolan" wrote:

What did Edward Dolan write?

and
yes, i am an expert

When was the last time you even saw a Grizzly, Edward the Dufus...
Inquiring Minds want to know? The only thing you are X'pert at is
blowing smoke on Usenet. Some of us, actually LIVE in Brown Bear
country. We have Brown Bear neighbors, and we don't get munched for
lunch. You on the other had don't live anywhere near brown Bear country
and wouldn't even make a lousy snack, for our local bears..... Just
Say'en.....

May God preserve us from experts like you!

I am responding to a story about an innocent hiker who was killed in
Yellowstone by a bear. Not only should the bears be removed from areas where
humans are likely to go, but I believe the NPS should be sued for
malfeasance. The truth is that NPS rangers can't manage their own ****. They
normally get degrees in the the natural sciences and what they badly need
instead is some police training.

Minnesota has wolves in the North Country and I am opposed to that too.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 7th 11, 12:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
American Bwana

On 03 Sep 2011, "Edward Dolan" posted some
:

"charley" wrote in message
.
.. On Aug 28, 7:49 pm, "Bill Blodo" wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...iker-found-in-
yellowstone-with-signs-of-grizzly-
activity/2011/08/27/gIQAQXoBjJ_story.html

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. — Yellowstone National Park
rangers are investigating whether a man found dead along a trail
was killed by a grizzly bear.

The man was found Friday morning by other hikers on the Mary
Mountain Trail. Authorities announced the death Saturday but did
not name the man.

Officials said the hiker was in his 60s and a native of
Michigan, but withheld further identification pending family
notification.

A release from the park said there were “signs of grizzly bear
activity at the scene” but that there was no immediate
determination of how the man died. Authorities say he likely
died Wednesday or Thursday.

The Mary Mountain Trail, the Cygnet Lakes Trail and the section
of the Hayden Valley west of the Grand Loop Road were closed to
hikers pending an investigation.

another numb-scull not carrying bear spray in a bear area. sad for

the man and his family, and sad that the bear will be killed.

Nope, it could happen to anybody, maybe even a numb-skull like you!
Why do we want grizzlies, or black bears either for that matter, in
Yellowstone or any other national park?

So we can shoot them!

Old September 7th 11, 01:09 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"American Bwana" wrote in
message ...
On 03 Sep 2011, "Edward Dolan" posted

[...]
Nope, it could happen to anybody, maybe even a numb-skull like you!
Why do we want grizzlies, or black bears either for that matter, in
Yellowstone or any other national park?

So we can shoot them!

Bears were few and far between not so many generations ago, most of them
having been shot, but naturalists thought they should be reintroduced to the
national parks and other wilderness areas for mainly esthetic reasons. They
now pose a threat to anyone visiting certain parks. Bears do indeed need to
be eliminated. Either that or forbid visitors from straying off the roads.
Trails where bears are known to be resident have to be closed to hikers at
the minimum. No wilderness experience is worth a single death of anyone.

Old September 7th 11, 02:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
T°m Sherm@n

On 9/6/2011 7:09 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"American wrote in
message ...
On 03 Sep 2011, "Edward posted

[...]
Nope, it could happen to anybody, maybe even a numb-skull like you!
Why do we want grizzlies, or black bears either for that matter, in
Yellowstone or any other national park?

So we can shoot them!

Bears were few and far between not so many generations ago, most of them
having been shot, but naturalists thought they should be reintroduced to the
national parks and other wilderness areas for mainly esthetic reasons. They
now pose a threat to anyone visiting certain parks. Bears do indeed need to
be eliminated. Either that or forbid visitors from straying off the roads.
Trails where bears are known to be resident have to be closed to hikers at
the minimum. No wilderness experience is worth a single death of anyone.

Indeed, I would rather see bears eat fat tourists straying from their
RV's than hikers.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.