WHOOPS! I should be dead: Cooper Snowdon is defying odds after hebroke his neck mountain biking (NZ)

Old January 2nd 18, 04:36 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! I should be dead: Cooper Snowdon is defying odds after hebroke his neck mountain biking (NZ)

From: [a friend]
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 21:08:26 -0800

We did have a "poster child" for this sort of thing back in 2007. A young teen boy became paralyzed from falling off a jump somewhere in Seymour area. He is all but forgotten now... It did not put a dent in the sport at all. There was even an article in the old Outlook newspaper showing the sad mother with her son in a wheelchair, while the dad still rode mtbs and built illegal trails in the West Van forest which was their own backyard.... You actually posted that newspaper story, here, Mike:

https://www.cyclingforums.com/thread...biking.349522/