Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

Old April 24th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Matthew T. Russotto

Default we are #1in gun violence

In article ,
wrote:

Because if the bill passes and gets signed, the Parker suit
become moot. Null and void. Meaningless. Which means it never gets
to the SCOTUS. Which means it is only precedent in DC, not the rest
of the country.

The people pushing these bills KNOW this, and they don't WANT
SCOTUS to uphold the 2nd amendment. WHy ? That would take one of
their favorite political footballs away from them, and they couldn't
play with it any more.

Neither side wants the issue decided in the Supreme Court, but not for
the reasons you present. The NRA is afraid SCOTUS will find a way to
repudiate the 2nd Amendment (particularly likely given the Va Tech
massacres, though I like the way the pro-gun side got the "wouldn't
have happened if they could shoot back" spin out as fast as the gun
grabbers got theirs out), and the gun grabbers are afraid SCOTUS will
uphold it. Both sides think they're better off keeping the game at
smaller stakes for the moment.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old April 24th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Wayne Pein

Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

M. MacDonald wrote:
Trouble reading Wayne? Maybe you can relate to this better:
http://tinyurl.com/28yhgw Even makes your poser sound.

It's your style: powered by artificial means.

Why don't you quit whining like a baby and BE the engine instead of
relying on one?

Wayne

Old April 24th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:21:23 -0500,
(Matthew T. Russotto) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

I see S-1001 finally got filed, and it does state 'the 21nd
amendment protects the individual right'. I don't now how binding, if
at all, that would be on anything else other than the DC ban.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Old April 25th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Bill

Default how your armed citizens would have prevented this particularincident?

donquijote1954 wrote:
On Apr 22, 5:50 pm, "proehling" wrote:
"Bill" wrote

Just up the penalty for the other drugs to 5 years for the first offense,
20 for the second, and life for a third offense.

And exactly who's going to pay for all those new prisons we're going to have
to construct to house all of those new three-strike lifers? You?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure!

Don't worry, the industry, the prison industry, will welcome them...

(nowadays is mostly fed by small offenses, like marihuana)

You got my point, exactly. Take a kid and send him to jail/prison for
doing what President Clinton did and ruin his chances at college or a
job afterwards, and they call that rehabilitation?

The prison industry in the United States: big business or a new form
of slavery?

Per my statement above, the laws now are creating career criminals out
of otherwise promising kids.

BY VICKY PELAEZ (Taken from El Diario-La Prensa, New York)

HUMAN rights organizations, as well as political and social ones, are
condemning what they are calling a new form of inhumane exploitation
in the United States, where they say a prison population of up to 2
million - mostly Black and Hispanic - are working for various
industries for a pittance. For the tycoons who have invested in the
prison industry, it has been like finding a pot of gold. They don't
have to worry about strikes or paying unemployment insurance,
vacations or comp time. All of their workers are full-time, and never
arrive late or are absent because of family problems; moreover, if
they don't like the pay of 25 cents an hour and refuse to work, they
are locked up in isolation cells.

http://www.granma.cu/INGLES/2005/oct...2carceles.html

Yeah,
Where do you think license plates come from?
That's learning a trade?
Bill Baka

Old April 25th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Bill Sornson

Default I'M AS MAD AS HELL!

Stephen! wrote:
"Bill Sornson" wrote in news:462d4325$0$9954
:

You need to trim more. (Please!)

Yeh, that one coulda used a Rabbi, I admit :-(

Well let's not get circumspect... :-P

I wish you guys would quit dicking around in the groups...

You're getting under my skin...nutcase.

Old April 25th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:35:49 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Stephen! wrote:
"Bill Sornson" wrote in news:462d4325$0$9954
:

You need to trim more. (Please!)

Yeh, that one coulda used a Rabbi, I admit :-(

Well let's not get circumspect... :-P

I wish you guys would quit dicking around in the groups...

You're getting under my skin...nutcase.

Getting a bit teste there, aren't you ?

Old April 25th 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Tom Keats

In article ,
writes:

Yeh, that one coulda used a Rabbi, I admit :-(

I think you mean a Mohel.

Or a chainsaw.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old April 25th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Wayne Pein

Stephen! wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote in news:462c07ba$0$19455
:

Yes, so what? You should know yours in your state/country. Most people
don't fully understand them.

I've yet to see one of you pedalestrians sporting a slow moving vehicle
sign... Get with the program or get the hell out of the way.

When the law requires it, bicycle drivers will use it. If the law
requires it and bicyclists don't, then blame the authorities for not
enforcing it. If you don't like that, tough. You can cry all the way to
the gas pump and licence/registration office.

Wayne

Old April 25th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Bill Sornson

Stephen! wrote:
"Bill Sornson" wrote in news:462ecc9f$0$9927
:

You need to trim more. (Please!)

Yeh, that one coulda used a Rabbi, I admit :-(

Well let's not get circumspect... :-P

I wish you guys would quit dicking around in the groups...

You're getting under my skin...nutcase.

Bet you don't have the balls to say that again...

This is getting hairy. Sack up or...withdraw!

Bill "twofer" S.

Car Hits Pack of Cyclists in St. Pete Rodney Kuehl Recumbent Biking 40 February 24th 07 01:20 AM
Back pack for cyclists scouselad General 18 June 28th 05 01:39 PM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 1 October 7th 04 11:35 PM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 9 October 7th 04 01:21 AM
" 400mph cyclists kill opponents with handlebar-mounted guns " Gawnsoft UK 4 March 10th 04 11:56 PM