making bike by yourself

Old February 9th 17, 09:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc

Default making bike by yourself

Hi Peers,

I am Maria. I love to cycle and have few bikes. Been thinking about building a bike myself or for my kid.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Share with me your experience?

Thanks.
Old February 11th 17, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

wrote in message ...

Hi Peers,

I am Maria. I love to cycle and have few bikes. Been thinking about building a bike myself or for my kid.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Share with me your experience?

Thanks.

Building your own bike is like reinventing the wheel. Why bother? If you want to build something with wheels, I suggest a recumbent bicycle. Yes, you can buy them too, but they are expensive. You could save a lot of money (maybe) if you were to build your own. Some Easy Racer plans may still be around somewhere.

You can buy very good looking bikes for kids at Wal-Mart for not much money. They are not light weight, but are perfect for just running around town.

Regards,

Ed Dolan – Minnesota