A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 13th 12, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
John Benn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 865
Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9861...hen_rode_off_/

AN 81-YEAR-OLD woman suffered facial injuries when she was knocked to the
ground by a cyclist riding along the pavement like "a bat out of Hell".

The cyclist asked Beryl Hall if she was hurt and tried to help her up, but
then rode away without apologising, she said. An ambulance was called by
passer-by Brian Brown. Mrs Hall said she was also helped by a Tesco delivery
van driver who bandaged her head. She was taken to York Hospital suffering
two black eyes, grazed knees, a sprained wrist and a cut to the head, which
needed to be glued back together.



Ads
  #2  
Old August 13th 12, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Squashme
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,146
Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement

On Aug 13, 5:08*pm, "John Benn" wrote:
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9861...d_me_down__the...

AN 81-YEAR-OLD woman suffered facial injuries when she was knocked to the
ground by a cyclist riding along the pavement like "a bat out of Hell".

The cyclist asked Beryl Hall if she was hurt and tried to help her up, but
then rode away without apologising, she said. An ambulance was called by
passer-by Brian Brown. Mrs Hall said she was also helped by a Tesco delivery
van driver who bandaged her head. She was taken to York Hospital suffering
two black eyes, grazed knees, a sprained wrist and a cut to the head, which
needed to be glued back together.


If only somebody had taken his bicycle away, crushed it, and forced
him to drive a car, the world would have become a much safer place.
  #3  
Old August 13th 12, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Mondeo-Man-Yes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement

On 13/08/2012 18:20, Squashme wrote:
On Aug 13, 5:08 pm, "John Benn" wrote:
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9861...d_me_down__the...

AN 81-YEAR-OLD woman suffered facial injuries when she was knocked to the
ground by a cyclist riding along the pavement like "a bat out of Hell".

The cyclist asked Beryl Hall if she was hurt and tried to help her up, but
then rode away without apologising, she said. An ambulance was called by
passer-by Brian Brown. Mrs Hall said she was also helped by a Tesco delivery
van driver who bandaged her head. She was taken to York Hospital suffering
two black eyes, grazed knees, a sprained wrist and a cut to the head, which
needed to be glued back together.


If only somebody had taken his bicycle away, crushed it, and forced
him to drive a car, the world would have become a much safer place.


Now come along, you've already won prick of the year award, so there's
no need for you to contest the runner-up position as well - despite
being in with a bloody good chance.

--
OUT OF MY WAY you plebs!
  #4  
Old August 13th 12, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Squashme
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,146
Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement

On Aug 13, 9:23*pm, Mondeo-Man-Yes wrote:
On 13/08/2012 18:20, Squashme wrote:









On Aug 13, 5:08 pm, "John Benn" wrote:
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9861...d_me_down__the....


AN 81-YEAR-OLD woman suffered facial injuries when she was knocked to the
ground by a cyclist riding along the pavement like "a bat out of Hell"..


The cyclist asked Beryl Hall if she was hurt and tried to help her up, but
then rode away without apologising, she said. An ambulance was called by
passer-by Brian Brown. Mrs Hall said she was also helped by a Tesco delivery
van driver who bandaged her head. She was taken to York Hospital suffering
two black eyes, grazed knees, a sprained wrist and a cut to the head, which
needed to be glued back together.


If only somebody had taken his bicycle away, crushed it, and forced
him to drive a car, the world would have become a much safer place.


Now come along, you've already won prick of the year award, so there's
no need for you to contest the runner-up position as well - despite
being in with a bloody good chance.

--
OUT OF MY WAY you plebs!


Why, thank you for your approval. Which one of my many submissions was
the winner?
  #5  
Old August 14th 12, 12:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Dave - Cyclists VOR
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,703
Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement

On 13/08/2012 21:44, Squashme wrote:
On Aug 13, 9:23 pm, Mondeo-Man-Yes wrote:
On 13/08/2012 18:20, Squashme wrote:









On Aug 13, 5:08 pm, "John Benn" wrote:
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9861...d_me_down__the...


AN 81-YEAR-OLD woman suffered facial injuries when she was knocked to the
ground by a cyclist riding along the pavement like "a bat out of Hell".


The cyclist asked Beryl Hall if she was hurt and tried to help her up, but
then rode away without apologising, she said. An ambulance was called by
passer-by Brian Brown. Mrs Hall said she was also helped by a Tesco delivery
van driver who bandaged her head. She was taken to York Hospital suffering
two black eyes, grazed knees, a sprained wrist and a cut to the head, which
needed to be glued back together.


If only somebody had taken his bicycle away, crushed it, and forced
him to drive a car, the world would have become a much safer place.


Now come along, you've already won prick of the year award, so there's
no need for you to contest the runner-up position as well - despite
being in with a bloody good chance.

--
OUT OF MY WAY you plebs!


Why, thank you for your approval. Which one of my many submissions was
the winner?

It's done on overall performance. You won by a mile.

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
  #6  
Old August 14th 12, 07:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
AndyW
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 38
Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement

On 13/08/2012 17:08, John Benn wrote:
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9861...hen_rode_off_/


AN 81-YEAR-OLD woman suffered facial injuries when she was knocked to
the ground by a cyclist riding along the pavement like "a bat out of Hell".


Doug will be along in a minute; he hates pedestrians being knocked down
on pavements by........ oh..... hang on......

But according to Doug cyclists do not injure people and even if they do
it somehow magically does not count.

Hmmmmmm

Andy

  #7  
Old August 14th 12, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
pensive hamster
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 29
Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement

On Aug 14, 12:48*am, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."


Is the photo below an example of the kind of people who barely
recognise the bicycle as a legitimate mode of transport, for whom
cycling is a bit embarrassing, who fail to see its purpose, and who
have no interest in integrating it into their
lives? Friends of yours?

http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-conten...atanorexia.jpg
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ygqrc79
  #8  
Old August 14th 12, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Dave - Cyclists VOR
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,703
Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement

On 14/08/2012 13:39, pensive hamster wrote:
On Aug 14, 12:48 am, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."


Is the photo below an example of the kind of people who barely
recognise the bicycle as a legitimate mode of transport, for whom
cycling is a bit embarrassing, who fail to see its purpose, and who
have no interest in integrating it into their
lives? Friends of yours?

http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-conten...atanorexia.jpg
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ygqrc79

Is that the only response you have to the scientific research carried
out by a cyclist?

Face the facts.

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
  #9  
Old August 15th 12, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
pensive hamster
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 29
Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement

On Aug 14, 8:00*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
On 14/08/2012 13:39, pensive hamster wrote:
On Aug 14, 12:48 am, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:


Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."


Is the photo below an example of the kind of people who barely
recognise the bicycle as a legitimate mode of transport, for whom
cycling is a bit embarrassing, who fail to see its purpose, and who
have no interest in integrating it into their
lives? Friends of yours?


http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-conten...atanorexia.jpg
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ygqrc79


Is that the only response you have to the scientific research carried
out by acyclist?


No, I have other responses.

You posted what seems to be a selective and rather misleading quote
from an interim assessment, so I made an initial response to your
selective and misleading quote, partly in order to judge your
comprehension skills, if any.

Do you comprehend the meaning of the terms 'selective', 'misleading',
and 'interim'?

Do you have any answer to my initial questions about the kind of
people who barely recognise the bicycle as a legitimate mode of
transport? Do you find cycling a bit embarrassing? Do you get any
exercise?


Face the facts.


Which facts would you like me to face?
  #10  
Old August 15th 12, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Alan Holmes[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 161
Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement


"John Benn" wrote in message
...
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9861...hen_rode_off_/

AN 81-YEAR-OLD woman suffered facial injuries when she was knocked to the
ground by a cyclist riding along the pavement like "a bat out of Hell".

The cyclist asked Beryl Hall if she was hurt and tried to help her up, but
then rode away without apologising, she said. An ambulance was called by
passer-by Brian Brown. Mrs Hall said she was also helped by a Tesco
delivery van driver who bandaged her head. She was taken to York Hospital
suffering two black eyes, grazed knees, a sprained wrist and a cut to the
head, which needed to be glued back together.


Who said the cyclist was going like "a bat out of Hell"?







 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yet another pavement motorist kills and injures pedestrians. Doug[_10_] UK 12 April 20th 12 06:07 PM
Red light-jumping cyclist seriously injures woman Mr. Benn[_9_] UK 70 March 5th 12 06:47 PM
Pavement motorist injures woman. Doug[_12_] UK 0 September 21st 11 07:40 AM
Pavement motorist injures woman. Doug[_12_] UK 22 September 16th 11 10:13 AM
an elderly woman ... died after being struck dumb by Ed Dolan's 'tardness Bruce Jensen Social Issues 7 September 29th 10 08:15 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.