Orbea hybrids

Old October 14th 05, 07:51 PM
Jay

Default Orbea hybrids

Hi,

I went to my local bike shop because (oddly) I'm after a new bike. They
guy there really rates Orbeas.

I'm after a hybrid but I'd never heard of Orbea before and info on the
net is scarce. What info I found pertained to Road/Race bikes and it all
seemed hugely favourable.

Can anyone out there shed any light on the nature of Orbea bikes?
Build quality, value for money, comfort etc.

Cheers,

Jay
Old October 14th 05, 08:40 PM
wafflycat

"Jay" wrote in message
. uk...

Can anyone out there shed any light on the nature of Orbea bikes?
Build quality, value for money, comfort etc.

Cheers,

Jay

Well, if I was given an Obea, I'd be a happy lady. Preferrably something in
carbon...

Cheers, helen s

Old October 15th 05, 08:12 AM
Paul

"wafflycat" waffles*$*A**T*v21net$*££*D*O*T*co*D£$£*O*T*uk wrote in
message ...

"Jay" wrote in message
. uk...

Can anyone out there shed any light on the nature of Orbea bikes?
Build quality, value for money, comfort etc.

Cheers,

Jay

I don't know about their hybrids (I didn't know that they did any) but I
have had an Orbea road bike up until recently and I loved it - it's a bit
different than the stuff you normally see knocking about.

My only concern was the paint job on mine - it really didn't take much for
great chunks of paint to be coming off but I'd accept that I may just have
had a dodgy one. I know others who have had no problems and they really are
nice bikes - Euskaltel ride them in the Tour so they can't be that bad.
Like Helen says, if I was given one I wouldn't say no!!

Cheers,

Paul

Old October 15th 05, 10:28 AM
Keeff57

Hi

I have an Orbea Burgos tourer, three years old, Shimano 105 groupset
and chunky aluminium frame with massive downtube. It was a gift from my
insurance company after I had a couple of bikes stolen.

Overall, not a bad machine. Comfortable on long audaxes. Nice riding
position for me off the peg, especially as I didn't see it before it
arrived.

Paint job is unusual in that the decals seem to have been sprayed on
rather than using transfers. Paint is not particularly tough, but
adequate.

I seem to remember hearing that they are the biggest bike manufacturers
in Spain.

Keith

--
Keeff57

Old October 15th 05, 11:52 AM
A.Lee

Jay wrote:

Hi,

I went to my local bike shop because (oddly) I'm after a new bike. They
guy there really rates Orbeas.........

Can anyone out there shed any light on the nature of Orbea bikes?
Build quality, value for money, comfort etc.

My mate sells Orbea bikes from his shop, he had a choice of makes to be
a dealer for, and opted for Orbea as they were the best
quality/value/range of all who wanted his custom.
He rates them, and sells a number of their MTBs.
His website link is below, but be warned, it is a crap site!
http://geocities.com/wakies2002/

Alan.
http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.
Old October 15th 05, 05:14 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Jay
') wrote:

I went to my local bike shop because (oddly) I'm after a new bike. They
guy there really rates Orbeas.

I'm after a hybrid but I'd never heard of Orbea before and info on the
net is scarce. What info I found pertained to Road/Race bikes and it
all seemed hugely favourable.

Basque bike maker, highly regarded, doing some very nice things with
carbon fibre these days. Their mountain bikes are also well regarded.
Build quality should be fine.

Morning had broken, and there was nothing we could do but wait
patiently for the RAC to arrive.
Old October 16th 05, 08:13 PM
Not Responding

Jay wrote:
Hi,

I went to my local bike shop because (oddly) I'm after a new bike. They
guy there really rates Orbeas.

I'm after a hybrid but I'd never heard of Orbea before and info on the
net is scarce. What info I found pertained to Road/Race bikes and it all
seemed hugely favourable.

Can anyone out there shed any light on the nature of Orbea bikes?
Build quality, value for money, comfort etc.

Bought one for my mother last year; seems a good bike at a good price. I
suspect her ideal spec may be somewhat different to yours. The
must-haves included a step through frame, dynamo lights, "less than 6
gears" and a basket. With the exception of Pashley, Orbea were about the
only people offering such a creation and, unlike Pashley, with 26" wheels.

[Frame question] Orbea Orca or Madone 5.9 ? NetWiz Techniques 29 August 24th 05 08:50 PM
Orbea vs. Six13 Mario General 10 March 16th 05 05:17 PM
Orbea Road Bikes Sasha Australia 13 June 17th 04 05:30 AM
Orbea bikes Sasha UK 3 June 8th 04 07:30 PM
Giant or Orbea Reenie General 7 December 15th 03 03:48 PM