Brompton headset: cheese based?

Old March 3rd 04, 03:07 PM
Bob Dickson

Default Brompton headset: cheese based?

--
Bob

| Dr Robert Dickson, IT Manager |
| Jodrell Bank Observatory, The University of Manchester |
| Macclesfield, Cheshire SK11 9DL (UK) |
| Tel: +44 1477 572638 Fax: +44 1477 571618 |
Old March 3rd 04, 03:13 PM
Peter Clinch

Not AFAIK. I've not had any trouble with mine, and a pal who has worn
out just about everything on his hasn't reported the handlebars going
wonky on him. Also not seen it crop up as a "known issue" anywhere...
What causes you to enquire?

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Old March 4th 04, 10:41 AM
Bob Dickson

Peter Clinch wrote:
Not AFAIK. I've not had any trouble with mine, and a pal who has worn
out just about everything on his hasn't reported the handlebars going
wonky on him. Also not seen it crop up as a "known issue" anywhere...
What causes you to enquire

Apologies for the non-question, I obviously didn't get my cancel
in quick enough. Ooops.

My question should have been about my L3 purchased from new
about 6 months ago which has now done roughly 1500 miles I think.
I was a bit miffed to discover that a definite 'notch' has developed
in the steering. I guess from your response above this isn't
a common problem. Oh well, off to whinge at the bike shop I
suppose. Note to self: never buy a bike online again. Sigh.

--
Bob
Old March 9th 04, 09:01 AM
pmailkeey

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:41:21 +0000 (UTC), Bob Dickson
wrote:

Peter Clinch wrote:
Not AFAIK. I've not had any trouble with mine, and a pal who has worn
out just about everything on his hasn't reported the handlebars going
wonky on him. Also not seen it crop up as a "known issue" anywhere...
What causes you to enquire

Apologies for the non-question, I obviously didn't get my cancel
in quick enough. Ooops.

My question should have been about my L3 purchased from new
about 6 months ago which has now done roughly 1500 miles I think.
I was a bit miffed to discover that a definite 'notch' has developed
in the steering. I guess from your response above this isn't
a common problem. Oh well, off to whinge at the bike shop I
suppose. Note to self: never buy a bike online again. Sigh.

Post it back to the supplier to sort out - but postage cost might be
more than getting LBS to sort it !

I've certainly not had the prob on any of my 3 Bs and one has been
ridden on some pretty hard terrain.
--
Comm again, Mike.