I love my SPDs

Old April 2nd 04, 06:10 PM
Succorso

Default I love my SPDs

Hi again,

Just did my first 50k with SPDs (the magic wiggle fairy came through
again - with sweeties). They are brilliant (the SPDs, not the sweeties)!!

If I'd known how much they would help with comfort, and performance, I
would have taken the plunge months ago.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice. At the moment the pedals are set
on minimum tension - this seems fine, they are easy to get out of - yet
I haven't had one "nuisance" release yet.
Doubtless one of the SPuD gotcha's will get me eventually (forgetting to
unclip the remaining foot before attempting a dismount perhaps?) but for
now I am a convert!

--
Chris

Old April 2nd 04, 10:01 PM
Richard Bates

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 18:10:23 +0100, in
, Succorso
wrote:

Hi again,

Just did my first 50k with SPDs (the magic wiggle fairy came through
again - with sweeties). They are brilliant (the SPDs, not the sweeties)!!

If I'd known how much they would help with comfort, and performance, I
would have taken the plunge months ago.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice. At the moment the pedals are set
on minimum tension - this seems fine, they are easy to get out of - yet
I haven't had one "nuisance" release yet.
Doubtless one of the SPuD gotcha's will get me eventually (forgetting to
unclip the remaining foot before attempting a dismount perhaps?) but for
now I am a convert!

I ordered £180 worth of stuff from Wiggle today ... in the special
instriction box on the webform I asked for some wine gums.

They'd better oblige :-)

--

Personal Site:
www.artybee.net (same crap, different layout)
Old April 2nd 04, 11:10 PM
Frank X

"Succorso" wrote in message
Doubtless one of the SPuD gotcha's will get me eventually (forgetting to
unclip the remaining foot before attempting a dismount perhaps?) but for
now I am a convert!

Practice falling off!

Go somewhere soft, clip in, try to forget you are clipped in, try balancing,
don't even think about uncliping until you are definitely falling over.

Once you know how to unclip when you are falling over you'll be safe.

Old April 3rd 04, 08:18 AM
Zog The Undeniable

Richard Bates wrote:

I ordered £180 worth of stuff from Wiggle today ... in the special
instriction box on the webform I asked for some wine gums.

They'd better oblige :-)

I got some on Thursday with my new Briko glasses and a pair of shorts.
That was a lot less than £180!
Old April 3rd 04, 11:40 AM
Mark McN

Reply to Succorso
Just did my first 50k with SPDs

Oddly enough, yesterday I did my first 50k in *ages*, in brand new
Shimano SPD sandals. (Feeling foolish, I packed my regular
Rockhoppers & socks, in case the sandals were seriously uncomfortable;
they were fine.)

At the moment the pedals are set
on minimum tension - this seems fine, they are easy to get out of - yet
I haven't had one "nuisance" release yet.

When I started on SPDs, I set the release to minimum, planning to
increase the tension when I was confident. I've never had a problem
(touch wood), but I've never bothered to change the setting.

One thing I really don't know about SPD pedals & cleats: what sort of
maintenance they need. Common sense tells me I ought to grease the
mechanism some time.

--
Mark, UK.
Well, whiles I am a beggar, I will rail,
Old April 3rd 04, 12:22 PM
VisionSet

"Richard Bates" wrote in message

I ordered £180 worth of stuff from Wiggle today ... in the special
instriction box on the webform I asked for some wine gums.

Don't people find Wiggle a little pricey?
I've used cycleXpress and chain reaction and find them both excellent -
quick, cheap and with free postage!
Though I see that Wiggle do have an excellent range.

--
Mike W

Old April 3rd 04, 12:32 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Don't people find Wiggle a little pricey?
I've used cycleXpress and chain reaction and find them both excellent -
quick, cheap and with free postage!
Though I see that Wiggle do have an excellent range.

I've used both Wiggle and CycleXpress - depends what I want to buy & check the
prices on both.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 3rd 04, 12:48 PM
Temp3st

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...

Don't people find Wiggle a little pricey?
I've used cycleXpress and chain reaction and find them both excellent -
quick, cheap and with free postage!
Though I see that Wiggle do have an excellent range.

I've used both Wiggle and CycleXpress - depends what I want to buy & check

the
prices on both.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched

off--

I find Evans cycles and CycleXpress much better value than Wiggle.

Old April 3rd 04, 12:49 PM
Temp3st

I love my SPD-SL's

Old April 3rd 04, 01:13 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I find Evans cycles and CycleXpress much better value than Wiggle.

I have a longsleeved cycling jersey I bought new for a tenner. Same jersey
costs a sniff under £40 at Evans. Bikesters at Wiggle cost £11.99 - the same
Bikesters aren't at Evans or CycleXpress. Yet a front light I recently bought
was cheapest at CycleXpress. That's why I shop around - it depends what I want
to buy.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Love my Santa Crud TJ Mountain Biking 10 June 21st 04 04:53 PM
What's the trick with SPDs? Lionel Scales UK 11 July 22nd 03 01:23 PM