Electric Bike

Old January 25th 17, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark[_26_]

Default Electric Bike

Hi everyone
what's your opinion on (Carrera Crossfire-EMens Electric Bike) up to 60
miles on a single charge I'm thinking of buying one.
many thanks in advance
Mark
Old January 25th 17, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mark wrote:
Hi everyone
what's your opinion on (Carrera Crossfire-EMens Electric Bike) up to 60
miles on a single charge I'm thinking of buying one.
many thanks in advance
Mark

Just had a peep at it and it appears quite good. The *up to 60* miles
range is very good, plus the Ally frame etc.
I've been chewing over whether to get an E bike myself for a while.
That one is worth considering.
Price is reasonable.
Old January 25th 17, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark[_26_]

On 25/01/2017 20:53, Bod wrote:
On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mark wrote:
Hi everyone
what's your opinion on (Carrera Crossfire-EMens Electric Bike) up to 60
miles on a single charge I'm thinking of buying one.
many thanks in advance
Mark

Just had a peep at it and it appears quite good. The *up to 60* miles
range is very good, plus the Ally frame etc.
I've been chewing over whether to get an E bike myself for a while.
That one is worth considering.
Price is reasonable.

Yes I was thinking the same as you...Also I was just wondering can you
take the computer off the handlebars when U park your bike up and what
kind of lock would you buy if you had to leave it outside a tube station
not forgetting I will put the battery in my rucksack.
Mark
Old January 25th 17, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:53:27 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mark wrote:
Hi everyone
what's your opinion on (Carrera Crossfire-EMens Electric Bike) up to 60
miles on a single charge I'm thinking of buying one.
many thanks in advance
Mark

Just had a peep at it and it appears quite good. The *up to 60* miles
range is very good, plus the Ally frame etc.
I've been chewing over whether to get an E bike myself for a while.
That one is worth considering.
Price is reasonable.

My Aunt uses one (not that model). Very useful for hills. Cycle as normal, get assistance when required. I believe you can regenerate with braking to charge the battery?

--
Join the Navy and feel a man!
Old January 25th 17, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark[_26_]

regenerate with braking to charge the battery

If that is true on this model that's an added bonus.
Old January 25th 17, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 25/01/2017 21:17, Mark wrote:
regenerate with braking to charge the battery

If that is true on this model that's an added bonus.

Indeed, but it's not listed in the spec.
Old January 25th 17, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:26:54 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 25/01/2017 21:17, Mark wrote:
regenerate with braking to charge the battery

If that is true on this model that's an added bonus.

Indeed, but it's not listed in the spec.

It seems an obvious thing to have. You have the battery, you have the motor, why not do it?

--
Marital Status: Not Good
Wife's Name: Plaintiff
Old January 26th 17, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

My Aunt uses one (not that model). Very useful for hills. Cycle as
normal, get assistance when required. I believe you can regenerate with
braking to charge the battery?

If it charged the battery on the go, where does the energy come from?
Old January 26th 17, 12:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:38:54 -0000, TMS320 wrote:

My Aunt uses one (not that model). Very useful for hills. Cycle as
normal, get assistance when required. I believe you can regenerate with
braking to charge the battery?

If it charged the battery on the go, where does the energy come from?

On a normal bike, it's dissipated as heat in the brake blocks.

--
We've had a hot, dry summer this year. It was so hot that one of my neighbors said his wife even thawed out.