Tower Hamlets Council backs down after row with bike shop owners overfree air pump

Old August 3rd 17, 06:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Tower Hamlets Council backs down after row with bike shop owners overfree air pump

*If the council had acted as sensibly as this in the beginning, there
would not have been an issue.*

Tower Hamlets Council said on Wednesday it had reached an agreement with
the couple and that the pump could remain there without a licence if
they moved it so there was space for the public to get past when people
are using it.

“We visited Isambard’s Cycles this morning to make clear that there is
no issue with having a pump outside the shop. We both agreed to move it
away from a lamppost so there was space for the public to get past when
people are using it.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3602366.html
Old August 3rd 17, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 06:45:21 +0100, Bod wrote:

*If the council had acted as sensibly as this in the beginning, there
would not have been an issue.*

Tower Hamlets Council said on Wednesday it had reached an agreement with
the couple and that the pump could remain there without a licence if
they moved it so there was space for the public to get past when people
are using it.

“We visited Isambard’s Cycles this morning to make clear that there is
no issue with having a pump outside the shop. We both agreed to move it
away from a lamppost so there was space for the public to get past when
people are using it.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3602366.html

Waste of tax payers' money yet again. We need to remove councils altogether. They are simply not needed.

--
An elderly man was stopped by the police around 2 a.m and was asked where he was going at that time of night.
The man replied, "I'm on my way to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body, as well as smoking and staying out late."
Old August 3rd 17, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 03/08/2017 06:45, Bod wrote:

*If the council had acted as sensibly as this in the beginning, there
would not have been an issue.*

Tower Hamlets Council said on Wednesday it had reached an agreement with
the couple and that the pump could remain there without a licence if
they moved it so there was space for the public to get past when people
are using it.

“We visited Isambard’s Cycles this morning to make clear that there is
no issue with having a pump outside the shop. We both agreed to move it
away from a lamppost so there was space for the public to get past when
people are using it.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3602366.html

"...space for the public to get past..."

....which there clearly was not, as evidenced by the obstructive wooden
benches and other assorted junk which had been placed on the pavement as
seen in the picture referenced in the original thread?

Or had all that detritus already been removed?
Old August 3rd 17, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 12:37:28 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 03/08/2017 06:45, Bod wrote:

*If the council had acted as sensibly as this in the beginning, there
would not have been an issue.*

Tower Hamlets Council said on Wednesday it had reached an agreement with
the couple and that the pump could remain there without a licence if
they moved it so there was space for the public to get past when people
are using it.

“We visited Isambard’s Cycles this morning to make clear that there is
no issue with having a pump outside the shop. We both agreed to move it
away from a lamppost so there was space for the public to get past when
people are using it.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3602366.html

"...space for the public to get past..."

I could have walked past easily.

...which there clearly was not, as evidenced by the obstructive wooden
benches and other assorted junk which had been placed on the pavement as
seen in the picture referenced in the original thread?

Or had all that detritus already been removed?

If the council had been sensible, they would have ONLY said to move the pump away from the streetlamp. Nowhere else was the pavement made anywhere near narrow.

And why did the council not have to remove the streetlamp? It's just as much in the way. Screw the convenience of being able to see where you're going, what about all those disabled buggers who whine all the time?

--
"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out." -- Rodney Dangerfield.
Old August 3rd 17, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 11:59:37 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3602366.html

Waste of tax payers' money yet again. We need to remove councils altogether. They are simply not needed.

"We" need councils exactly to protect everyone from braindead irresponsible
idiots like you!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "wisdom":
"Look at a donkey with a 2 foot penis. Does it require underwear? No."
Old August 3rd 17, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 12:59:57 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

On 03/08/2017 06:45, Bod wrote:

*If the council had acted as sensibly as this in the beginning, there
would not have been an issue.*

Tower Hamlets Council said on Wednesday it had reached an agreement with
the couple and that the pump could remain there without a licence if
they moved it so there was space for the public to get past when people
are using it.

´We visited Isambardÿs Cycles this morning to make clear that there is
no issue with having a pump outside the shop. We both agreed to move it
away from a lamppost so there was space for the public to get past when
people are using it.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3602366.html

"...space for the public to get past..."

I could have walked past easily.

You abnormal idiot would have been the first to send a complaint letter to
the council as you always do when something gets in your way, you disgusting
social misfit!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) life as a ******:
"When I was 14, there were places in forests where people would leave
Old August 3rd 17, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On 03/08/2017 06:45, Bod wrote:

[...]

You are not thinking like a Nugent.
In Nugent World anything cyclists do is bad, everything else is OK.
Old August 3rd 17, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On 03/08/2017 06:45, Bod wrote:

[...]

I think he's a Pounder with maybe one extra brain cell.

--
Women do not snore, burp, sweat, or fart.
Therefore, they must "bitch" or they will blow up.
Old August 3rd 17, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 18:54:35 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

In Nugent World anything cyclists do is bad, everything else is OK.

I think

THERE's the snag again, Birdbrain!

--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "mind" in action:
"An electric fence would be less visible, and funnier to watch the kids