A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old May 17th 17, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 589
Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:59:12 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 11:52:16 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:24:29 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 5:35:02 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 16/05/2017 07:26, Bod wrote:

A cycling enthusiast has uncovered nearly 300 miles of hidden cycle
paths that were built in the 1930s. Carlton Reed discovered these
forgotten cycle paths whilst he was working on a book. He’s set up an
appeal to try and bring them back into use. A lot of the paths are
overgrown or buried now, but some could still work perfectly as cycle
ways if local councils realised what they were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052zgp6

Since they invariably run parallel with carriageways and only a few feet
away, it's surprising that anyone thinks they were "lost".

Some have been removed, such as those alongside the East Lancashire Road
(A580) when it was converted from single- to dual-carriageway. Others
have always been there and are plainly visible and usable. An example is
the A570 (which intersects with the A580), just north of St Helens:

/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLtQjZjlc8pc3Slrp1F6oeg!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656?hl=en

So you agree motorists should pay to replace the cycle routes they have stolen.


No, cyclists should pay. Cyclists sponge of motorists as they pay no road tax and no fuel duty.


Motorists pay no road tax


Yes they do. It's the thing that used to give you a circular whatsit in your windscreen. Call it by another name if you wish, but it's still road tax.

and fools duty is optional.


Only optional if you buy red diesel. Do you use red diesel on the road?

--
Some "chinese english" instructions (with software for a camera card). This is the contents of a file named "English installs the elucidation.doc", quoted in its entirety:

The high regard's customer:
How are you!
Thank youing can use the pico product of my company, and please press below the operation order install, and thank!
A,The software installs in proper order
1, install the good WIN2000 system;
2, open the software light the dish;
3, double click the SETUP.EXE
4, the model number of the choice gearing
a)PICO2000_104( PALApplication) this model number can at most support 4 roads see the frequency signal the importation
b)PICO2000_208( PALApplication) this model number can at most support 8 roads see the frequency signal the importation
c)PICO2000_416( PALApplication) this model number can at most support 16 roads see the frequency signal the importation
5, after finishing installing, three documents that light patch in the dish the catalogue descend: The msdxm.ocx, odbc32.dll, odbcint.dll beat arrives the c:\ windows\ system inside.
6, square version of usage hero , please double click the light the English Pack in the dish the document.
7, the copy resemble the regulating of appearance tone must install the VideoSetup software to proceed to regulate, install the procedure under the light dish root the catalogue VideoSetup the blank page clip setup.exe.
Plank card gearing
1.Insert the plank card arrive the main plank PCI the slot;
2.Start the calculator, and the auto install the plank card the drive to move the procedure( position:Light dish driver catalogue bottom)
Change the compression method
Beginning the ? circulate the ? the importation the " REGEDIT", and make sure the ?? enter the registration watch the editor, and open the HKEY ? CURRENT ? the USER\ software\ univision Canada Linited\ the pico2000 double click the " CODEC" can is worth this key to change to" MP42" or" IV50"
Note:
MP42 the MPEG4 compress the way (suggestion adoption MPEG4 compress way, should compress the way the compression the rate to is high)
IV50 the INDEO compress the way
Ads
  #12  
Old May 17th 17, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 249
Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 12:47:38 AM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:59:12 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 11:52:16 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:24:29 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 5:35:02 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 16/05/2017 07:26, Bod wrote:

A cycling enthusiast has uncovered nearly 300 miles of hidden cycle
paths that were built in the 1930s. Carlton Reed discovered these
forgotten cycle paths whilst he was working on a book. He’s set up an
appeal to try and bring them back into use. A lot of the paths are
overgrown or buried now, but some could still work perfectly as cycle
ways if local councils realised what they were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052zgp6

Since they invariably run parallel with carriageways and only a few feet
away, it's surprising that anyone thinks they were "lost".

Some have been removed, such as those alongside the East Lancashire Road
(A580) when it was converted from single- to dual-carriageway. Others
have always been there and are plainly visible and usable. An example is
the A570 (which intersects with the A580), just north of St Helens:

/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLtQjZjlc8pc3Slrp1F6oeg!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656?hl=en

So you agree motorists should pay to replace the cycle routes they have stolen.

No, cyclists should pay. Cyclists sponge of motorists as they pay no road tax and no fuel duty.


Motorists pay no road tax


Yes they do. It's the thing that used to give you a circular whatsit in your windscreen. Call it by another name if you wish, but it's still road tax.


Call it what you like it's not road tax.


and fools duty is optional.


Only optional if you buy red diesel. Do you use red diesel on the road?


I don't put any fuel on the road, maybe you should clean up after yourself.



  #13  
Old May 17th 17, 01:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,579
Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 31, 2017.

On Wed, 17 May 2017 00:47:28 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
the pathological attention whore of all the uk ngs, blathered again:

and fools duty is optional.


Only optional if you buy red diesel. Do you use red diesel on the road?


Aren't dole and welfare whores like you allowed to use it, Birdbrain? I bet
you at least get coupons for fuel from the welfare office! BG

--
Mr Pounder about Birdbrain:
"Do you lot realise that PHucker is one of the biggest ******s/trolls on
usenet? He is a **** poor delivery boy, lives in a stinking hovel with 9
cats, several parrots, no hot running water, no money, no woman, no future
and no hope.
Do you lot realise that has successfully trolled all of you?"
MID:
  #14  
Old May 17th 17, 01:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 589
Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On Wed, 17 May 2017 01:01:34 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 12:47:38 AM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:59:12 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 11:52:16 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:24:29 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 5:35:02 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 16/05/2017 07:26, Bod wrote:

A cycling enthusiast has uncovered nearly 300 miles of hidden cycle
paths that were built in the 1930s. Carlton Reed discovered these
forgotten cycle paths whilst he was working on a book. He’s set up an
appeal to try and bring them back into use. A lot of the paths are
overgrown or buried now, but some could still work perfectly as cycle
ways if local councils realised what they were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052zgp6

Since they invariably run parallel with carriageways and only a few feet
away, it's surprising that anyone thinks they were "lost".

Some have been removed, such as those alongside the East Lancashire Road
(A580) when it was converted from single- to dual-carriageway. Others
have always been there and are plainly visible and usable. An example is
the A570 (which intersects with the A580), just north of St Helens:

/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLtQjZjlc8pc3Slrp1F6oeg!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656?hl=en

So you agree motorists should pay to replace the cycle routes they have stolen.

No, cyclists should pay. Cyclists sponge of motorists as they pay no road tax and no fuel duty.

Motorists pay no road tax


Yes they do. It's the thing that used to give you a circular whatsit in your windscreen. Call it by another name if you wish, but it's still road tax.


Call it what you like it's not road tax.


It's a tax, it pays for the roads, it's a road tax. Get your head out of your arse you demented ****wit psycholist.

and fools duty is optional.


Only optional if you buy red diesel. Do you use red diesel on the road?


I don't put any fuel on the road, maybe you should clean up after yourself.


I have enough money to afford a motor vehicle. You stick to your 18th century transport if you wish.

--
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - US Marines
  #15  
Old May 17th 17, 02:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 249
Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 1:10:16 AM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 01:01:34 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 12:47:38 AM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:59:12 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 11:52:16 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:24:29 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 5:35:02 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 16/05/2017 07:26, Bod wrote:

A cycling enthusiast has uncovered nearly 300 miles of hidden cycle
paths that were built in the 1930s. Carlton Reed discovered these
forgotten cycle paths whilst he was working on a book. He’s set up an
appeal to try and bring them back into use. A lot of the paths are
overgrown or buried now, but some could still work perfectly as cycle
ways if local councils realised what they were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052zgp6

Since they invariably run parallel with carriageways and only a few feet
away, it's surprising that anyone thinks they were "lost".

Some have been removed, such as those alongside the East Lancashire Road
(A580) when it was converted from single- to dual-carriageway. Others
have always been there and are plainly visible and usable. An example is
the A570 (which intersects with the A580), just north of St Helens:

/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLtQjZjlc8pc3Slrp1F6oeg!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656?hl=en

So you agree motorists should pay to replace the cycle routes they have stolen.

No, cyclists should pay. Cyclists sponge of motorists as they pay no road tax and no fuel duty.

Motorists pay no road tax

Yes they do. It's the thing that used to give you a circular whatsit in your windscreen. Call it by another name if you wish, but it's still road tax.


Call it what you like it's not road tax.


It's a tax, it pays for the roads, it's a road tax.


Technically it's '60% of the motorway maintenance budget tax', the rest of the motorway maintenance and all new motorways are paid for by high rate tax payers i.e. cyclists mainly.

Get your head out of your arse you demented ****wit psycholist.


Typical childish motorist response.

and fools duty is optional.

Only optional if you buy red diesel. Do you use red diesel on the road?


I don't put any fuel on the road, maybe you should clean up after yourself.


I have enough money to afford a motor vehicle.


So to most dolescum, maybe you should try getting a job.

You stick to your 18th century transport if you wish.


No thanks, I would rather cycle.




  #18  
Old May 17th 17, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,540
Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On 17.05.2017 05:07, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

****wits


Thank you very much kind sir for that great accolade coming from YOU.
Now please ejaculate to me from YOU the further honour of being a weed,
a fungus, and the dregs of this earth.

It really is a very great compliment to be called a ****wit by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a ****ing bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.
  #19  
Old May 17th 17, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,540
Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On 17.05.2017 12:10, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I have enough money to afford a motor vehicle. You stick to your 18th
century transport if you wish.


And I ride a bicycle, a very convenient delightful economical viable
means of transport, and we all know that YOU think bicyclists are the
****witted pits of humanity.
I really feel complimented by that, because YOU said it.
  #20  
Old May 17th 17, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 589
Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On Wed, 17 May 2017 02:03:33 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 1:10:16 AM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 01:01:34 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 12:47:38 AM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:59:12 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 11:52:16 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:24:29 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 5:35:02 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 16/05/2017 07:26, Bod wrote:

A cycling enthusiast has uncovered nearly 300 miles of hidden cycle
paths that were built in the 1930s. Carlton Reed discovered these
forgotten cycle paths whilst he was working on a book. He’s set up an
appeal to try and bring them back into use. A lot of the paths are
overgrown or buried now, but some could still work perfectly as cycle
ways if local councils realised what they were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052zgp6

Since they invariably run parallel with carriageways and only a few feet
away, it's surprising that anyone thinks they were "lost".

Some have been removed, such as those alongside the East Lancashire Road
(A580) when it was converted from single- to dual-carriageway. Others
have always been there and are plainly visible and usable. An example is
the A570 (which intersects with the A580), just north of St Helens:

/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLtQjZjlc8pc3Slrp1F6oeg!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656?hl=en

So you agree motorists should pay to replace the cycle routes they have stolen.

No, cyclists should pay. Cyclists sponge of motorists as they pay no road tax and no fuel duty.

Motorists pay no road tax

Yes they do. It's the thing that used to give you a circular whatsit in your windscreen. Call it by another name if you wish, but it's still road tax.

Call it what you like it's not road tax.


It's a tax, it pays for the roads, it's a road tax.


Technically it's '60% of the motorway maintenance budget tax', the rest of the motorway maintenance and all new motorways are paid for by high rate tax payers i.e. cyclists mainly.


Cyclists tend to be poor people who can't afford the petrol. Loads of them in the council estates a few miles from here.

Get your head out of your arse you demented ****wit psycholist.


Typical childish motorist response.


What response do you expect to your silly pedantry?

and fools duty is optional.

Only optional if you buy red diesel. Do you use red diesel on the road?

I don't put any fuel on the road, maybe you should clean up after yourself.


I have enough money to afford a motor vehicle.


So to most dolescum, maybe you should try getting a job.


I have one. And people on the dole don't have cars. You can't run a car on 53 quid a week.

You stick to your 18th century transport if you wish.


No thanks, I would rather cycle.


That IS 18th century transport. I prefer an engine, and enough wheels so it doesn't naturally want to fall over.

--
In an attempt to attract a more modern, hipper, high tech type of customer, Campbell's Alphabet Soup now comes with spell check.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
London cycle paths somebody[_2_] Techniques 12 December 2nd 15 12:34 AM
Cycle Paths or Not? Steve C[_2_] UK 49 May 15th 08 09:32 PM
Discovered an amazing meditation secret [email protected] Techniques 1 April 19th 08 06:01 AM
Cycle paths or psyclepaths? Tom Crispin UK 58 April 13th 08 12:22 PM
I've discovered the magic secret Arthur Clune UK 7 August 29th 05 08:55 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.