300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

Old May 19th 17, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Cummins[_7_]

Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

In article , (James
Wilkinson Sword) wrote:

It's road tax, everybody calls it that.

I'm part of Everyone... and I don't call it Road Tax - I call it Vehicle
Excise Duty, because that's what it is called.

So you are incorrect.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Old May 19th 17, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 19/05/2017 09:25, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
(JNugent) wrote:

Road Tax only applies to motor vehicles.

Oh, so it's not a *Road* tax its a *vehicle* tax.

Thanks for clearing this up.

If it is a vehicle tax, why must it be paid to use said vehicle on roads?
Old May 19th 17, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

(JNugent) wrote:

Road Tax only applies to motor vehicles.

Oh, so it's not a *Road* tax its a *vehicle* tax.

Thanks for clearing this up.

What are you taling about?
Old May 19th 17, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Thu, 18 May 2017 14:09:09 +0100, Rob Morley wrote:

On Thu, 18 May 2017 11:33:39 +0100
Bod wrote:

Then you should inform our government that they are misnaming this
charge:

Calculate vehicle tax rates - GOV.UK
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-vehicle-tax-rates
Find out the tax rate for all vehicle types. Car vehicle tax rates
are based on either engine size or fuel type and CO2 emissions,
depending on when the vehicle ...

I doubt that that the person who prepared the web page is entitled to
set legal precedent for terminology - the proper term is "Vehicle
Excise Duty".

Who gives a **** what the "proper term" is? It's road tax, car tax, whatever, they're just names for the same thing.

--
What lives in the sea, and goes dah di dah dit, dah dah dit dah?
A morse cod.
Old May 19th 17, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Peeler[_8_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on June 2, 2017.

On Fri, 19 May 2017 16:47:47 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I doubt that that the person who prepared the web page is entitled to
set legal precedent for terminology - the proper term is "Vehicle
Excise Duty".

Who gives a **** what the "proper term" is?

Ahem, INTELLIGENT people do, Birdbrain!

--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "mind" at work:
"Doesn't all meat taste pretty much like chicken?"
Old May 19th 17, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Fri, 19 May 2017 01:28:17 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On Thu, 18 May 2017 11:30:14 +0100, JNugent

On Thu, 18 May 2017 10:55:18 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 18/05/2017 10:29, Bod wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 10:17:00 +0100, Paul Cummins
wrote:

In article , (James
Wilkinson Sword) wrote:

Cyclists sponge of motorists as they pay no road tax and no fuel
duty.

That's because, as you have been told again and again, there is no
such
thing as Road Tax.

It's called road tax, just like a vacuum cleaner is called a
hoover. I
don't ce if the government allocates it somewhere else like nuclear
weapons, it's still road tax.

If there was such thing as Road Tax, *everything* that uses the
*Road*
would have to pay the *Tax*.

and I say this a a car driver.

Everything does, according to the wear it causes. Cars pay some,
lorries pay a lot.

And many cars pay no car tax at all.

AAMOF, no cars pay road tax.

Have you become a cyclist or contracted OCD? It's road tax, everybody
calls it that. It's a tax vehicles pay to use the road.

No vehicles pay tax of any sort.

Tax is anything given to the government. Council tax, VAT, income tax,
road tax, etc, etc.

No vehicles give, donate or pay any tax.

This is not controversial.

Then what is the 200 a year I pay for my Renault?

--
Can you grow birds by planting birdseed?

London cycle paths somebody[_2_] Techniques 12 December 2nd 15 12:34 AM
Cycle Paths or Not? Steve C[_2_] UK 49 May 15th 08 09:32 PM
Discovered an amazing meditation secret [email protected] Techniques 1 April 19th 08 06:01 AM
Cycle paths or psyclepaths? Tom Crispin UK 58 April 13th 08 12:22 PM
I've discovered the magic secret Arthur Clune UK 7 August 29th 05 08:55 PM