Durable 23c or 25c Road Tires - Recommendations?

Old August 17th 05, 06:50 AM
Nick Payne

Default Durable 23c or 25c Road Tires - Recommendations?

Use larger tyres, such as Continental Gatorskin 700x78.

Nick

Old August 17th 05, 01:23 PM
Paul Cassel

Nick Payne wrote:
Use larger tyres, such as Continental Gatorskin 700x78.

a 78 surely will be large enough....
Old August 17th 05, 01:51 PM
colocraig

After 3000 miles without a flat (I'll be sorry I said that), I can
recommend the 25 mm Michelin Carbon tires. My usage has been 90% on
paved roads, but the other 10% has been dirt and fine gravel without
any problems yet. They ride just fine. I'm 150 lbs and use 100 psi in
front and 110 in the rear.

Old August 19th 05, 12:30 AM

Craig:

I don't mean to be rude, but your opinion doesn't count. See, you are
150lbs. Those of us having the concerns with flats are what you would
probably refer to as "fatsos". So, stick to things that you know about,
like, how to go fast uphill, how to drop fatsos on sprints, corners or
any ride that has more than 0.00001% grade, and riding on very light
bikes. Leave the discussion about flats to us, experts, in this topic.
To have expertise, you need to be closer to 200lbs and get drop just
because you think about a hill. If you look anything like Homer
Simpson, your are welcome to participate. Otherwise, stock to other
topics. Thx,

Andres

Old August 21st 05, 04:09 PM
Paul Cassel

colocraig wrote:
After 3000 miles without a flat (I'll be sorry I said that), I can
recommend the 25 mm Michelin Carbon tires. My usage has been 90% on
paved roads, but the other 10% has been dirt and fine gravel without
any problems yet. They ride just fine. I'm 150 lbs and use 100 psi in
front and 110 in the rear.

Craig

Do you have 'goatheads' or similar thorns where you are? That's my
biggest problem here and it's a real issue too. I've had a nail or two,
but mostly it's these long three sided thorns which do my tires in.

Do you use sealant in your tubes? Tire liners?

-paul
Old August 21st 05, 05:58 PM
Splat

Paul Cassel wrote:
Do you have 'goatheads' or similar thorns where you are? That's my
biggest problem here and it's a real issue too. I've had a nail or
two, but mostly it's these long three sided thorns which do my tires
in.

Since switching to Conti Ultra Gatorskins and keeping an eye on tire
pressure I've had no flats in a good while now. So far, so good!

Do you use sealant in your tubes? Tire liners?

I don't use either on my road bike. On my MTB I use liners.
---
Splat