Giant or Specialized...

Old June 30th 03, 11:31 AM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Giant or Specialized...

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:05:21 +0100, "Twohat"
wrote:

but the
Specialized frames seem better

Better how?

Barry

Old June 30th 03, 06:12 PM
JD

"James Davis" wrote in message m...
Hey...

I know people probably ask this kinda question all the time but...

I am in the market for a beginners bike.. Looking to spend around £300.
So far after some investigation I have narrowed it down to a Specialized
Hardrock or a Giant Yukon... Any opinions???

Whichever one fits the best.

JD
Old July 1st 03, 01:02 AM
D.Lawrie

"James Davis" wrote in message
Hey...

I know people probably ask this kinda question all the time but...

I am in the market for a beginners bike.. Looking to spend around £300.
So far after some investigation I have narrowed it down to a Specialized
Hardrock or a Giant Yukon... Any opinions??? I shall be testing both,

but
would like a heads up from someone experienced with these things..

Thanks in advance

James

Th red and white Yukon looks wicked this year..seems like a good bike for
the money.

Cam

Old July 1st 03, 10:15 PM
iddqdATworldonline.dk

B. Sanders wrote:
I *don't* recommend MTBR.com. I used to haunt MTBR before the fools rushed
in. The prices asked for beaten-up bikes are just unbelievable. And frames?
C'mon people! It's just insane. The prices are 2x to 3x reasonable (read:
eBay)

Eh, I wasn't suggesting to buy anything on www.mtbr.com but merely
suggesting to check out the reviews of the bikes in question.

James didn't ask were to buy but for other peoples experiences with the
bikes.

Kind regards

Bruno

Old July 8th 03, 12:36 AM
Hosh

James Davis wrote:

Hey...

I know people probably ask this kinda question all the time but...

I am in the market for a beginners bike.. Looking to spend around £300.

Raleigh. More bike for the buck.

Old July 8th 03, 02:07 AM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:36:20 GMT, Hosh wrote:

James Davis wrote:

Hey...

I know people probably ask this kinda question all the time but...

I am in the market for a beginners bike.. Looking to spend around £300.

Raleigh. More bike for the buck.

I work in a shop that sells Raleigh and Giant,along with about 10
other brands.

While Raleigh does give excellent bang for the buck, Giant sometimes
does them one better. We've even had reps that peddle other brands
come in and get pretty impressed with the spec on some Giant models.

Barry

Old July 8th 03, 12:27 PM
Stephen Baker

Captain Adventure says:

Raleigh bikes have real nice kickstands.

Yeah - but do they have big wide springy seats?

Steve
Old July 8th 03, 12:29 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Captain Adventure wrote in message

"Hosh" wrote in message
James Davis wrote:

Hey...

I know people probably ask this kinda question all the time but...

I am in the market for a beginners bike.. Looking to spend around

£300.

Raleigh. More bike for the buck.

Raleigh bikes have real nice kickstands.

http://www.raleighbikes.com/bikes/index.html

Hmmm, don't see any kickstands there.

Shaun aRe

Old July 9th 03, 07:10 PM
Hosh

Captain Adventure wrote:

Raleigh bikes have real nice kickstands.

Actually, I don't know of any manufacturer, including Raleigh, that come with
kickstands, you always have to purchase them aftermarket, as I did with my
Raleigh, it did not come with one.

Then there are those that don't get kickstands at all, so they can just throw
their bikes on the ground like kids in the ghetto do.