Attention unicyclists from Germany, Canada and France (and other European countries)

Old January 11th 04, 04:49 PM
Jack Halpern

Default Attention unicyclists from Germany, Canada and France (and other European countries)

Hi all,

Sometime ago I sent out this message, and am looking forward to a response from
unicyclists from various European countries, especially Germany. I will be handling
Asia directly, but do need addresses of unicyclists in various European countries to
send Unicon 12 packages to.

----------------------------
The JUA is interested in sending out (snailmail), as soon as possible, Unicon 12 packages
(including touring pamphlets) to the principal unicyclists, club leaders and country
representatives for further distribution within thir region club etc.

Some of the JUA leaders are perhaps old-fashioned, and don't trust the Internet as the
all-mighty means of communications, and I agree that many unicyclists cannot be reached via
the Internet (Spain missed a couple of Unicons exactly because paper packages were not sent
to them). They are concerend about the rather low number of potential particiapnts at this
point, and want to ensure that we fill the dorms and Olympic facilities, which are very expensive
to rent.

I would appreciate it if anyone can help by sending me lists of names and addresses.
My large but old unicyclists database I have made years ago is hopelessly out of
date (Andy, you should have it) and too large. Andy, I assume you have the best data
for the US, but we need other countries too. I will take care of Brazil, Israel, China
and of course Japan directly.

I would appreciate your help in this regard as soon as possible.

Stay on top, Jack Halpern
Executive Director for International Development
International Unicycling Federation, Inc.
Website: http://www.kanji.org

Old January 12th 04, 11:42 PM
gerblefranklin

What part of Canada is in Europe? By that logic, the US is also european
(just kidding).

--
gerblefranklin

I don't break equipment, I make it cheaper.

Old January 13th 04, 09:14 PM
Marc Zirnheld

D'apres Jack Halpern ,
dans le forum rec.sport.unicycling...

Sometime ago I sent out this message, and am looking forward to a response from
unicyclists from various European countries, especially Germany. I will be handling
Asia directly, but do need addresses of unicyclists in various European countries to
send Unicon 12 packages to.

I am forwarding your request to the newly created French Unicycling
Federation. I hope they will send you a list of adresses, unless they
want to dispatch the leaflets by themselves.

You can find websites of some clubs and individuals he
http://www.monocycle.info/articles.php?type=lien
http://www.monocycle.info/clubs.php
however the full postal adresses are not displayed.

--
http://monocycle.info/forums/
http://www.haut-les-mains.org/
Old January 13th 04, 11:55 PM
monociclos

Hi Jack Halpern!

I´m Pepe I represent the little Spanish unicycle community.

We are afew unicyclists but growing very fast! trials muni...

If you need references please contact me!

Please send me any information you have.

Contact me at:

Thanks!!

--
monociclos - Buying a 24' Muni!!!!
monociclos's Profile:

Old January 14th 04, 12:02 AM
rogeratunicycledotcom

gerblefranklin wrote:
*What part of Canada is in Europe? .......*

I think it is a "those lot who hang around together" kind of catagory.
:-)

Jack, have you got me down for the UK contact?

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

Old January 14th 04, 02:17 AM
hopeful

can I get one? There isn't a unicycle club or anything around me...
please shoot me a PM regarding this.

--
hopeful - Street Performer

a sawzall...!? why not just use an axe. -- Jagur

Long live the Lotus -- Mojoe
hopeful's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4470

Old January 14th 04, 01:34 PM
GILD

Jack Halpern wrote:
*Hi all,

Sometime ago I sent out this message, and am looking forward to a
response from
unicyclists from various European countries, especially Germany. I
will be handling
Asia directly, but do need addresses of unicyclists in various
European countries to
send Unicon 12 packages to. *

let's not forget deepest, darkest africa now
i'll be happy to send u a SASE
just drop me your addy on PM

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

'SPACESHIP EARTH' (http://www.therainforestsite.com/home)

Namaste!
Dave

Old January 23rd 04, 04:52 PM
Jack Halpern

hopeful wrote...

can I get one? There isn't a unicycle club or anything around me...
please shoot me a PM regarding this.

--
hopeful - Street Performer

a sawzall...!? why not just use an axe. -- Jagur

I am confused as I don't see a name nor an address, so I don't know who to send
to. In principle, the UNicon 12 packages will be sent to unicuycling clubs,
leaders, promoters and organizatuions, rather than to individuals.

Long live the Lotus -- Mojoe

Regards, Jack Halpern
President, The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
http://www.cjk.org Phone: +81-48-473-3508

Old January 23rd 04, 05:08 PM
Jack Halpern

GILD wrote...

Jack Halpern wrote:
*Hi all,

Sometime ago I sent out this message, and am looking forward to a
response from
unicyclists from various European countries, especially Germany. I
will be handling
Asia directly, but do need addresses of unicyclists in various
European countries to
send Unicon 12 packages to. *

let's not forget deepest, darkest africa now
i'll be happy to send u a SASE
just drop me your addy on PM

Worry not --- we will welcome unicyclists from the darkest corners of the universe.
And there is no need for a SASE, just give your address.

I don't even know where you are -- perhaps in Rwanda or Mail :-) ? Are there
unicycling clubs in Sahara :-) Anyway, you are most welcome and we will send
you a package as soon as we get your address.

Old January 23rd 04, 05:13 PM
Jack Halpern

Marc Zirnheld wrote...
D'apres Jack Halpern ,
dans le forum rec.sport.unicycling...

We wlecome everyone, but as far as sending UNicon 12 packages goes, we want to
avoid "ordinary" unicyclists and concentrate on key people club leaders,
associations, promoters and the like, who could cooperate in further distribution.

I'd appreciate it if you can send me the names and addresses of such people.